• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

So there is a satellite dish on my balcony..

freshest1

TRIBE Member
So there is a satellite dish on my balcony, can I hook it up for free somehow? it's a starchoice, if that matters.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
freshest1 said:
So there is a satellite dish on my balcony, can I hook it up for free somehow? it's a starchoice, if that matters.

This is like asking "I have a cable coming out of the wall in my living room, can I hook it up for free TV somehow?"

Answer is no. You need a receiver box and either a subscription to Starchoice sattelite services, or a hacked card.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Point it straight up and make it into a bird bath. Then watch the birds bathe. NO need for boring tv when you can watch wet birds for free!!!!!!!

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Whatever you do, DO NOT remove it or point it in another direction. I'm not going to tell you why, but if you do remove it, let me just say that you should probably buy some cream or something for your asshole because they don't lube those probes.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Colm

TRIBE Member
-purchase receiver on ebay $200

-pay cable guy to set up the hard stuff $80

-purchase testing equipment + open card $300

-test satellite $pricless$

ibiza911

TRIBE Member
Buy an FTA receiver, i think those are linear LNB's (circular things pointing at the dish) which is not compatible will Bell or Dishnet so you'll have to purchase 1 LNBF and buy a Coolsat! Get all Bell channels for free and dishnetwork if you want to purchase an additional 2LNB's they go around 30bucks i believe, trust me an FTA receiver will pay itself off in a few months.:D

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Starchoice dishes cannot be used to bring in any echostar network (bell or dish) , and good luck finding a hack for starchoice itself. :)

Jay

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
ibiza911 said:
Buy an FTA receiver, i think those are linear LNB's (circular things pointing at the dish) which is not compatible will Bell or Dishnet so you'll have to purchase 1 LNBF and buy a Coolsat! Get all Bell channels for free and dishnetwork if you want to purchase an additional 2LNB's they go around 30bucks i believe, trust me an FTA receiver will pay itself off in a few months.:D

to continue on what ibiza911 is saying, you can get a Pansat 2700 (not a clone) for $159 now.

coolsats have dropped in price alot too! checkout ecanadaplus

Jay

keztronic

TRIBE Member
which receivers have an sd card reader so you just apply
"patches" or whatever from the internet when the channels get zapped?

Karim

TRIBE Member
I'm in the exact same boat. The new student house I moved into is wired for satellite.

Is it possible to hack the High Def stations for free? I'm looking at a list of Free To Air satellite stations and to be honest, the list sucks ass. Is FTA what you get without a hack? And hacking will get you your HBO's and PPV's?

Thanks!

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
keztronic said:
which receivers have an sd card reader so you just apply
"patches" or whatever from the internet when the channels get zapped?

The new ones have a feature called 'autoroll' so you don't have to do that.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
The new ones have a feature called 'autoroll' so you don't have to do that.

I think maybe if/when the bins go down.. the pansat 3500 has a SD reader built in.

It is just as easy to run a serial cable.. but whatever :)

Jay

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Karim said:
I'm in the exact same boat. The new student house I moved into is wired for satellite.

Is it possible to hack the High Def stations for free? I'm looking at a list of Free To Air satellite stations and to be honest, the list sucks ass. Is FTA what you get without a hack? And hacking will get you your HBO's and PPV's?

Thanks!

Im not sure about the high def channels as I dont watch, but FTA without any bins/hacks is sucky.

Jay

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
xtcfreak said:
I think maybe if/when the bins go down.. the pansat 3500 has a SD reader built in.

It is just as easy to run a serial cable.. but whatever :)

Jay

Ah, gotcha. I misunderstood. I'm going to have to get me a new receiver soon. My Pansat 2500 feels so antique now.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
Ah, gotcha. I misunderstood. I'm going to have to get me a new receiver soon. My Pansat 2500 feels so antique now.

I have a 2700 and dont feel the need for an upgrade. When they start lacking on the bins, it will be that time :)

You can get 2700's from ecanadaplus for $159 now , if you haggle, they will charge no tax :)

Jay

ibiza911

TRIBE Member
xtcfreak said:
Im not sure about the high def channels as I dont watch, but FTA without any bins/hacks is sucky.

Jay

No FTA receiver out there can support High Def channels, YET! ... But either way the quality of digital satellite is way above average then regular cable! :D

zoo

TRIBE Member
aren't there tons of stations broadcasting over FTA? and can't a FTA receiver be 'modified' to receive non-free stations anyway?

ibiza911

TRIBE Member
zoo said:
aren't there tons of stations broadcasting over FTA? and can't a FTA receiver be 'modified' to receive non-free stations anyway?

Yes this can be done! Prime example my FTA can scan in all the FREE channels but you also have the option to scan in cable / PPV etc... I also heard that Neusat will be coming out with a HD FTA receiver near the end of May!! I will for surely grab this when it comes out i think it retails for 399$ USD

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
ibiza911 said:
Yes this can be done! Prime example my FTA can scan in all the FREE channels but you also have the option to scan in cable / PPV etc... I also heard that Neusat will be coming out with a HD FTA receiver near the end of May!! I will for surely grab this when it comes out i think it retails for 399$ USD

neusat 8000 :)

Jay

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
ibiza911 said:
Yes that is it! I haven't had the chance to try a neusat but i hope the support is good...! I've just been sticking to CS5K for now...

CS 5K is tops right now IMHO

Bought a Pansat 3500 a couple months ago and it was pure toilet.

Coolsat is the best, hands down.

;)