• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

so, tell me what i need to be doing from here....

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
aside from what cosmo mentioned, it seems all good. even that louder mid-bass doesn't seem 'too' loud really....

I've used the apc20. it is fun.

sounding good!

Mrs. Pink

TRIBE Member
I am, and i've learned a ton even since working on that track...had a good chat with Dave Pezzner about some workflow stuff as well.....had a chance to watch how he does his live PA.......so it's back to the studio i go.....really, i feel that only thing i'm really missing is variance in my tracks....which is really my focus right now.

mrtunes

TRIBE Member
good start mat! good on you for sharing, this is how you're going to get better and better.

i agree with darren. something to consider is your mix shouldn't be clipping into the red very often. if it is you have a lot of things to turn down, in this case it's most of your instruments. after that is under control you can use a limiter to punch it back up.

even worse, i am suspicious that ableton has some sort of hidden limiter in it because so many people use it for live performance. i know a program like cubase would reveal the distortion more harshly.

now the drums are going for a tech-house sound, but the instruments are dipping more into a progressive territory. i wouldn't let the pad ring out for as long as it's ringing here. that goes for the bass too. let it take a stab, and then throw in a slap bass to fill in the rest of the bar or something.

that's something that i caught wind of in my music lately that i want to share with you. it's especially important when you're dipping into this genre.

i want to play for you a track i found on soundcloud randomly. it's a rip-off of deadmau5 and wolfgang gartner, but i love the energy these guys are bringing. listen for the pauses and how the instruments call & answer.

Sheff - The Kitchen (Darth&Vader Remix) by Darth & Vader on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free