• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

So North Korea...

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I'll preface this by asking that Dear Reader (pun intended) spend a half hour on youtube or so seeing the few things that have been documented about North Korea.

The atrocities carried out amongst human beings that not only has happened but is happening now and will continue to happen, just cries out to the moral spirit in anyone.

This, during the week that Canada finishes a 12 year engagement in Afganistan -- in great true part because we had to, initially, support that cause because the American's were hell bent on going into Iraq. Well what was accomplished there? Precisely nothing? Nothing, like everyone predicted? How about Iraq? We weren't there in presence but we were nonetheless there in support.

Meanwhile North Korea goes on killing, torturing, brainwashing, disturbing....

Now, this isn't exactly "Canada's" fight, if anything it should be said it is the fight of the North Koreans to rise up and free themselves, as has happened in the births of other great democracies.

Perhaps it should be however the UN's fight? But having met and worked with a bunch of dusty diplomats I know they can't really care enough to do anything. Their recent report though should go heeded -- and surely it will , but it's own author warned that nothing will happen of it. And I'll bet he's right.

So it turns to the military who sadly are the only ones who probably would be happy to go in and give that fatty an ass whooping and open up those borders.

It's Rwanda all over again. The inaction there just left a disgrace on the UN, and closer to home, the Canadian commander in charge at the time.

We can't pretend to "not know" anymore what's going on in North Korea, so, how long are we just gonna sit around thinking "hey not my problem."

-jM
A&D

Stop Bill C-10

wickedken

TRIBE Member
There's a lot of brainwashing here that goes on right now too you know which is strong enough to avoid the need for outright torture and persecution, although that that happen too.

djfear

TRIBE Member
With Seoul being such a close proximity, you can't have a western attack on North Korea. It can only be done through diplomatic means, or through some sort of internal struggle. Plus, China and Russia wouldn't want that. They're the perfect Russian & Chinese pit bull to have against the western alliance countries.

I've always said to myself that I would rather be born in Somalia vs North Korea if I ever had to choose between the two.

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
I'll preface this by asking that Dear Reader (pun intended) spend a half hour on youtube or so seeing the few things that have been documented about North Korea.

The atrocities carried out amongst human beings that not only has happened but is happening now and will continue to happen, just cries out to the moral spirit in anyone.

This, during the week that Canada finishes a 12 year engagement in Afganistan -- in great true part because we had to, initially, support that cause because the American's were hell bent on going into Iraq. Well what was accomplished there? Precisely nothing? Nothing, like everyone predicted? How about Iraq? We weren't there in presence but we were nonetheless there in support.

Meanwhile North Korea goes on killing, torturing, brainwashing, disturbing....

Now, this isn't exactly "Canada's" fight, if anything it should be said it is the fight of the North Koreans to rise up and free themselves, as has happened in the births of other great democracies.

Perhaps it should be however the UN's fight? But having met and worked with a bunch of dusty diplomats I know they can't really care enough to do anything. Their recent report though should go heeded -- and surely it will , but it's own author warned that nothing will happen of it. And I'll bet he's right.

So it turns to the military who sadly are the only ones who probably would be happy to go in and give that fatty an ass whooping and open up those borders.

It's Rwanda all over again. The inaction there just left a disgrace on the UN, and closer to home, the Canadian commander in charge at the time.

We can't pretend to "not know" anymore what's going on in North Korea, so, how long are we just gonna sit around thinking "hey not my problem."

-jM
A&D

I knew it.... You are Dennis Rodman.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Have some spare time?

Secret State of North Korea - YouTube

Well Electric Soul Controller what do you think about the USA that allows a strange reject like Dennis Rodman go and be a part of their propaganda?

But Americans can't go to Cuba, lest they be punished?

Somethings seriously amiss in this world and despite our recent history of peace, by recent I mean say, 20 years, minus the bullshit wars, there is something coming up.

The bubble is gonna pop.

-jM
A&D

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
Have some spare time?

Secret State of North Korea - YouTube

Well Electric Soul Controller what do you think about the USA that allows a strange reject like Dennis Rodman go and be a part of their propaganda?

But Americans can't go to Cuba, lest they be punished?

Somethings seriously amiss in this world and despite our recent history of peace, by recent I mean say, 20 years, minus the bullshit wars, there is something coming up.

The bubble is gonna pop.

-jM
A&D

Its just a distraction really isn't it? More fodder for media channels that provide less and less actual news and more infotainment. He is a celebrity doing weird celebrity things that they do. He is just feeding the machine so to speak even if he is actually trying to sort fight the system or bring about some sort of resolution to a situation using his fame. Its not viewed that way by the media unfortunately.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Fair enough. I don't care.

Let's think more proactively. There are 'medecins sans frontiers' and then more recently an engineering group doing the same sort of thing, though they, like kind hearted but stupid faced engineers usually do, focus on practical things, like clean water and food.

I have a problem with both groups and I'll tell you why.

The doctors, or doctors in training, or interns, or volunteers, or whoever they are, are just treating a symptom. "Oh look, someone's sick, let's treat them (symptomatically)." Well that's great and helpful and everyone wants to see a helpless person be cured of simple infections or even more complicated diseases. Great. Good for this effort.

And then the engineers got onto this idea and did the same thing, and accomplished, perhaps in my opinion more noteworthy things like building wells of freshwater or structures that kept the poor away from malaria insects etc.

But what about the people who are poor for just the reason that they are oppressed by political reasons? Though certainly there can be groups and there probably are groups out there addressing that, but what if we combined the health people and the engineering people to help the politically oppressed like we see in North Korea?

I have a background in human rights which was sponsored by the Canadian and Swiss government heavily, that believed "If we can bring the internet to (the poor) of (poor country), that will make a difference."

The sad thing was that it was diplomats making that decision, the good part is that they were right and I was hired to do it!

So, this time around, I know how to get the funding.

I suggest making a million tiny radios that fit into an individuals ear, much like a hearing aid. And then broadcast from neighbouring states information, to inform them of reality.

I think North Korea would be an obvious drop point for these radios, which would be easy to conceal by the population.

Large swaths of undeveloped Russia would also be good.

I mean I could design the radio right now, and have access to so much free manufacturing and fundraising. The kink in this plan is that my hearing-aid design requires a sort of antenna, but I know engineers who specialize in that area. It would also need a very small lithium thionyl chloride battery. Luckily I have access to all that.

Let's free the world!

-jM
A&D

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Wow, when I'm plastered I come up with some great ideas.

Lithium thionyl chloride, most bang for your buck. 3.6 volts for a veeeery long time. Doesn't matter how cold your application.

You need it? We sell it.

Another interesting item came across my desk.

"Self illuminating Exit signs"

When I first read about these things I assumed they were some kind of "glow in the dark" phorphorous thingies. No no, it was brought to my desk because it contained radioactive Tritium,

A LOT of tritium. It glows in the dark because it is literally radioactive!

I didn't bother bringing this up to our compliance officer because she doesn't know a mosquito from a tsetse fly, but fuck, I wanted to disassemble the sign just for the tritium.

IT GLOWS! Like Homer Simpson radioactive glows.

Anyway...

-jM
A&D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders