• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

So I ended Up at Comfort Zone last night...

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Quite unexpectedly. I went to the Barn with a friends, and the night snowballed into a messy spontenaity-fest. Yay! I didn't even bloody know the Zone had shit happening on Thursdays.... But there it was, the exact same Den of Iniquity I remember it being. So... how do I find out who the DJ was? He wasn't bad at all. And does that happen every Thursday or was it a long weekend thing?

smilez

TRIBE Member
I don't know who the dj was but from what I know they've been doing the thursday night thing for quite a while now, over a year I'd say. never been, but I hear it's not as sketchy as sundays:)

Melissa

DjCao

TRIBE Member
one of the dj's on thurdays is dj kosmic (kind of chbby, glasses and shaved head). I wasn't there last thursday, but is gettin more response every time...
you can find some sunday's regulars there, but is not as good as sunday, of course...

:D

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by smilez
I don't know who the dj was but from what I know they've been doing the thursday night thing for quite a while now, over a year I'd say. never been, but I hear it's not as sketchy as sundays:)

Melissa

funny.... I heard the exact opposite.... well then again that's if you're comparing thursday night to Sunday night... mornings/afternoons are a completely different story. ;)

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Well, I'm not denying that there was a certain sketch factor involved in my attendence of said Haven of Hedonism... it seemed a slightly less reprehensible establishment on Thursday night just for the more regular hours of it: they turned on the lights and kicked us out at 7 am, just like a normal club--well, 'normal' by Tribe standards, I suppose--instead of the total indulgence of actually GOING there as the sun comes up... There was less people there than I remember--or would expect--for a Sunday morn, which was nicer in some ways, at least it made the inevitable disorientation easier to cope with. Of course it made the right-out-in-the-open-not-even-trying-to-hide-it drug consumption seem even more so. ("Look mommy, that person is sniffing their hand!")

It was really fun thuough, everyone was really friendly like I remember people being at parties, it doesn't seem that way so much anymore... Course, it could just be that guys were more friendly cause I wasn't with my bf like I usually am these days... Oh, uncharitable thougts.

man_slut

TRIBE Member
I went to the Comfort Zone to see Tim Patrick a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday morning (thanks to Poker Face) and it was awesome. The sketch factor wasn't too crazy, everybody was having a good time. The bathroom was surprisingly clean for Zone standards! They actually have one of those towel guys with cologne and moisturizers ect...

Adam

TRIBE Member
Lysistrata, the fact that you left the Barn and your night got *more* debauched is a testament to the power of the Zone.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Adam
Lysistrata, the fact that you left the Barn and your night got *more* debauched is a testament to the power of the Zone.
The zone doesn't compare to the debauchery that ensued once she got home afterwards, knowing Lysistrata! ;)

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
holy shit.
i thought ian was being mean, until i checked out the link.

sweat, your web design made me miss any of your content, so you may wanna tone it down a bit. that way, people will actually read your site and get all the info they're looking for.

good luck!

Sweat

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Booty Bits
holy shit.
i thought ian was being mean, until i checked out the link.

sweat, your web design made me miss any of your content, so you may wanna tone it down a bit. that way, people will actually read your site and get all the info they're looking for.

good luck!
If our web design made you miss our party, Your not one

for the music, and that is what we supply to our customers,

so if you can get over the web site, love to have a good time

come out!!

Sweat

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member

She was trying to help you out. Websites are used to convey information (and I believe that's what you're trying to do - tell people about your events), if it's not doing that then maybe you should look into what can be changed. How is she suppose to support 'the music' if the information is so hard to extract?

luvslife

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sweat
If our web design made you miss our party, Your not one

for the music, and that is what we supply to our customers,

so if you can get over the web site, love to have a good time

come out!!

Sweat
How does not being able to clearly read the info on your website have anything to do with liking or not liking music?

AND IT'S YOU'RE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!;)

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
My eyes really did hurt looking at that website, seriously man, listen to these people, they know. Looking into a redesign can only benefit your outfit.

Ah, Skips, there was no debauchery at home, alas, in fact I was the errant girlfriend here... Geoff had already left for school when I got home from the house that we went to to continue the party after being kicked out from the club at 7. We must meet so I can tell you all about the specifics of the night.

Sweat

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by SneakyPete

She was trying to help you out. Websites are used to convey information (and I believe that's what you're trying to do - tell people about your events), if it's not doing that then maybe you should look into what can be changed. How is she suppose to support 'the music' if the information is so hard to extract?
I did not take offence to the reply just in 3 years I have never

been told that..If anyone know web designers..PLEASE let me

know....Sweat Productions want's to give the people what they

want....So look for a change!!!!

Sweat Productions

ian

TRIBE Member
PM Pokerface. . . he's a good designer and cold use some quick $$$ I believe as I know he is right in between major jobs at the moment :)

-ian g.