• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

So I bought a Behringer DJ mixer......

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Picked up a USB midi interface and played a bit last night with torq. Created a 'OMG CDJS?TURNTABLES ARE FUCKED' setting to control everything in torq (except the mixer) from the 4000. Channels 1 and 4 I assigned to midi and routed them through 2 and 3. The line fader is the pitch with different buttons assigned to play, cue, Sync. A knob assigned to the waveform display which allows me to roll forward or back or nudge during playback. Too awesome!

If i am not using the mixer to control playback I hav a setting to use channel one as midi and scroll through and load tracks without touching the laptop!

Now I've got to start playing with ableton.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Maybe. They don't usually do that though. That's really strange. I definately paid $500 and change all in.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
Picked up a USB midi interface and played a bit last night with torq. Created a 'OMG CDJS?TURNTABLES ARE FUCKED' setting to control everything in torq (except the mixer) from the 4000. Channels 1 and 4 I assigned to midi and routed them through 2 and 3. The line fader is the pitch with different buttons assigned to play, cue, Sync. A knob assigned to the waveform display which allows me to roll forward or back or nudge during playback. Too awesome!

If i am not using the mixer to control playback I hav a setting to use channel one as midi and scroll through and load tracks without touching the laptop!

Now I've got to start playing with ableton.
sick! must come check this out soon

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
mrtunes said:
i just called them and they said it's $525 before tax. did the price go up or something?
just checked my receipt. Definately $455 before taxes. $514.15 after.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Behringer's always-attractive pricing isn't a result of super-duper friendly management.

some of their midi controllers are decent, and people do luck-out with other pieces of gear, but their stuff actually feels cheap, and longevity is not a strongpoint. you'll hear this time and time again.

mrtunes

TRIBE Member
docta seuss said:
Behringer's always-attractive pricing isn't a result of super-duper friendly management.

some of their midi controllers are decent, and people do luck-out with other pieces of gear, but their stuff actually feels cheap, and longevity is not a strongpoint. you'll hear this time and time again.
yeah i got their line-mixer this year for a really cheap price - the RX1602 i think it was less than $200. anyways the main output on it is two seperate knobs and one of them isn't calibrated to zero. so it doesn't output perfect stereo signal of all my synths to the computer.

anyways it's my first piece of dud equipment and hopefully l and m will fix it or send it back for me, but overall it doesn't really deter me from buying this ddm400 mixer.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
yup I continue to be impressed with this mixer. and I can say it defianately does not 'feel cheap'.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Mike Goodwin said:
most prices are going up like crazy right now in Canada due to the economy.
True enough... My goal was to sell my Xone32 and buy a DJM 800. The price of the 800 has shot up out of reach.

I bought a Xone62 instead.......they've gone down considerably in price.

mrtunes

TRIBE Member
REMI XO said:
i thought you meant technics as in the brand?

anyways that was a great video, but also a little lame in some regards. as more people have been getting into music worldwide - why is there still a need to think that everything should be made in boutique facilities?

once guitar playing got really popular the exact same thing happened. almost every guitar below $1,000 is made in the same fashion.

quality control

TRIBE Member
4 deck control in Traktor for $500 is amazing I must say. The ability to use this as a midi device is an appealing option for me.

I am totally interested and am presently trying to put this under the tree, wrap it and open it with no idea where it came from infront of the wife.

The reviews I read are aswell very appealing. Many known people on many big forums have nothing but suprising words and thoughts to portray about this mixer. For the money it sounds like a solid buy.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
A year and half later and Wiseman is still singing the praises of this piece, so needing a cheap four channel solution that can also be mapped with midi, picking this up for $500 was a no brainer. I haven't really had a chance to dig in, but it certainly sounds and feels like a much more expensive mixer.