• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

So how was BBB

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

wanderlust

TRIBE Member
An orgasmic essence of house concentrated into an avalanche of juicy beats that make you jump up and down, dance and shout like insane for an hour and a half. It's good he doesn't play any longer. That would be unhealthy.

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
^^
*lol* @ post

didn't go to it, common people post!!!!!

he spoiled me forevah @ Kool Haus in may of '00, haven't heard him nearly as good since........

heard he's getting a bit rusty too, so i want to hear a few other people tell me wtong and i was stupid for not going :(

'G

Finch

TRIBE Member
I popped in there during the tail end of his set to say hello to some of the bar-staff I've not seen in ages, and it sounded like BBB was doing alright, considering.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, and there was a rather comforting mix of people in there - not what I expected at all.

And I recall seeing some pretty hype-looking signage in the DJ booth.

I miss that place.

Finch.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Moez

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by wanderlust
An orgasmic essence of house concentrated into an avalanche of juicy beats that make you jump up and down, dance and shout like insane for an hour and a half. It's good he doesn't play any longer. That would be unhealthy.

hahaha. that made me laugh.

thank you.

Ondie

TRIBE Member
BBB as expected

Attendance? I'd guess like maybe 500 people.. it wasn't NEARLY as busy as I expected it to be.

They closed up downstairs as it was empty, and there was LOTS of room upstairs to dance etc.

I got this feeling that he wasn't really into it: He only scratched on 2 occasions, no doubling up to speak of (well, a little, but no complex doubling up).

Ive seen him 3 times:
1. Soundbar - sound system was TERRIBLE (hurt my ears, all distorted). Night no fun

2. Docks - SUPER fun, energetic, he was on fire.

3. Last night - decent, as expected, fun times had by all but nothing blow-your-mind spectacular.

BTW, who was on before him? THat DJ had some sweet tracks, I wouldn't mind checking him out again.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Re: BBB as expected

Originally posted by Ondie
They closed up downstairs as it was empty, and there was LOTS of room upstairs to dance etc.

So what happend if you bought a $15 downstair ticket? Did you get bumped upstairs for free? Or did you have to sit and stare at the walls and listen to the music through the floor? :)

*c*

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am thinking maybe they ought to buy some advertising.... Unless of course they like the place empty...

defazman

TRIBE Member
I had some friends who went to see him Friday night at the State Theater in Detroit, and said his mixing was insane.

And it was $11 for a Vodka & Redbull.

Ondie

TRIBE Member
no 15$ tickets

re: what happens with a 15 dollar ticket: No can do!

When we arrived we asked, and they said that everything was 30$, no options.

So much for a 2-tier system.

TRO

TRIBE Member
Re: BBB as expected

BTW, who was on before him? THat DJ had some sweet tracks, I wouldn't mind checking him out again.

I wasn't there but probably steve smooth...another of IHR's gem's...

I have one of his cd's he gave me @ labour of love...

he has a fantastic release on IHR called Beat Freaker which has a whole slew of remixes to it...

-Bill

Trigger

TRIBE Member
Re: no 15$ tickets

re: what happens with a 15 dollar ticket: No can do!

When we arrived we asked, and they said that everything was 30$, no options.

So much for a 2-tier system.

What a joke...this club is really becoming more laughable by the day. I've never seen a club want to sink themselves so quickly! They were probably doing better as Turbo prior to this whole re-image. Real nice, setup this stupid two-tier system and then screw people over when they get to the door. Yup...that'll get you repeat clients. I don't care who they bring in - they're going to be losing a lot of $$.

Trigger

TRIBE Member
Well according to their "ultimate promotion schedule" they hope to last through performances by Tony Touch, Mistress Barbara and Donald Glaude on April 5th before calling it quits. Bet most people don't even know about ANY of these DJs coming thanks to their state-of-the-art promotion engine. :rolleyes:

why not

TRIBE Member
i get the impression the club's biggest concern is losing the bad rep turbo got. re-inventing itself is a way of distancing itself from the thuggy image it had and the violence that followed.

RJ45

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by luvslife
They must be loosing incredable amounts of money. BBB must be $20K USD! How long can this last?
There's absolutely no way that he charges that much for a 1.5 hour set.

Yourmamas

TRIBE Member
If they wanted to improve the image of the club, they should have at least changed the security...or anything other than paint it white, and strip the system out of it.

luvslife

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by RJ45
There's absolutely no way that he charges that much for a 1.5 hour set.

No? His prices have gone up in the last year. I don't know, but I know his prices are outragious.

Trigger

TRIBE Member
Time doesn't seem to matter these days - just look at how much Tiesto charges for a mere hour and a half set. Granted he's got the superstardom going for him but still its not out of the realm of possibility these days.

Even if he came in at say $10-15k, they're not turning over much of a profit with the number of people they're getting out. Especially with the two-tier system which ended up being abandoned anyway....

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
I can tell you for a fact that bad boy bill does NOT get 20K USD for a set.

He will normally get anywhere from 5-10k USD.
However, sound emporioum paid 15k!!!

They're paying a rediculus amount of money for all these DJ's that they're bringing in. In most cases other clubs in the city had already expressed interest in the artists, and then sound emporium came in and had to out bid them.