• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

So happy Eurocrap is over!

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Block parties are the best way to celebrate! Close off the streets, dance & drink your heart's content.

Aggressively driving around, honking and showing off your impotence should be promptly be given a disorderly conduct charge.

I would pay good money for Eurocup finals to be on the 1st July long weekend to see how many fights would occur.

I don't care who won, this is why I despise all sporting events as our animalistic
urges become more apparent.

/rant

djfear

TRIBE Member
I disagree.

Euro cup in Little Italy & around Dundas was positive and fun. Yes, people honked, yes streetcars were delayed & traffic was a shit show, but the Portugese were celebrating their first win, and the atmosphere was positive.

Now, if you mention Vancouver & Hockey, then yeah, they shouldn't even make it into the playoffs because we all see what happens in Vancouver after they lose the cup. :rolleyes:

praktik

TRIBE Member
but see djfear, that was just cause of the negative effect of sporting events on our psyche - being kind of a modern proxy for war, should we be surprised of riots in vancouver?

War = bad, sports = war therefore sports = bad

Maui

TRIBE Member
lol. There was rioting and violence in Portugal after the win.....

The only sport I care to watch these days is Baseball.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
The only sporting event I enjoy watching is The Olympics, cuz for the most part these competitions are short and sweet, takes 20 seconds to a couple minutes to get down that hill or snowboard that thing.

Soccer/Football and Hockey have always been, for me, excruciatingly boring.

Yeah, call me unCanadian for being a Hockey Hater, but then again, I can't recall the last time I've ever had a cup of coffee from Tim Hortons either.

It's a stygma, for sure.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

djfear

TRIBE Member
I'm a tourist sports fan. Basically, I don't give a single fuck about sports.

I couldn't name the roster of any sport, or really the names of any players for that matter. I learned on Sunday that there's a guy on the Portugese team called Nani, and I was rooting for him because of all the 'nani he would get if he won. Basketball, I don't give a shit about the players, I can't name them off the top of my head, though I know all of the rules & plays of the sport because I played it religiously as I was growing up.

I say all of this so that you understand that my opinions about sports and euro cup come from a purely unbiased point of view. Well not unbiased, but more neutral. Anyway, while we're on the topic of sports, I'd like to point out that baseball is boring, even when you're in Chicago watching a game from Wrigley Field.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I love it when sports fans take pride in something they didn't do and celebrate a country they've never been to.

Maui

TRIBE Member
^^Yeah it's pretty jokes, all the bandwagon jumpinig and stuff too.

Listen to how people talk about sports teams.

If someone's favourite team loses, it's "damn 'they' really blew that one last night."
If the team wins, it's " Yeah! 'We' kicked their ass last night eh?"

Maui

TRIBE Member
I'd like to point out that baseball is boring, even when you're in Chicago watching a game from Wrigley Field.
Well everybody has different tastes on what they find boring. Baseball has so much strategy going in including every single pitch that is thrown. I actually prefer to watch baseball on t.v. unless i could secure front seats behind the plate and see everything going on close up.

I prefer watching college basketball over the NBA. Apart from the Jordan era I haven't watched an NBA game since. Despite College ball having had a 45 second shot clock and obviously less skilled players overall.

I probably enjoy golf more than soccer as well. Both of those are pretty slow and dry.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Wait though Balzz, maybe whilst shitting on it we could also find time to claim a moral pedestal??

Maui

TRIBE Member
Well to be fair there is excited and then there is overexcited to the point where it's affecting other people in your community in a negative fashion.

Like that French fan who had to be consoled by that little boy. If you are getting to the point that you are crying because a team lost a sports game, you seriously need to get some therapy.

djfear

TRIBE Member
Well everybody has different tastes on what they find boring. Baseball has so much strategy going in including every single pitch that is thrown. I actually prefer to watch baseball on t.v. unless i could secure front seats behind the plate and see everything going on close up.

I prefer watching college basketball over the NBA. Apart from the Jordan era I haven't watched an NBA game since. Despite College ball having had a 45 second shot clock and obviously less skilled players overall.

I probably enjoy golf more than soccer as well. Both of those are pretty slow and dry.
I think it's because I never played baseball when I was growing up. If one doesn't have the appreciation for a certain sport's strategies and dynamic then you won't appreciate it.

College basketball was always so much more fun to watch than NBA. It's like the players are trying that much harder and it's just a faster game... kind of like watching NBA at 1.2x the speed.

I think the bottom line for me is that I was always playing so many sports when I was younger that the last thing I wanted to do when I was home was to watch more sports on tv - I'd rather be playing it. That and I would spend time on video games and scratching records when I would be home.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Something about yourself that makes you objectively better than other people - like eschewing sports because sports are war-like and tribal, or not owning a TV

Or eating a type of food that makes you morally superior - like only buying organic produce for your family

All these things allow you to claim more authenticity and/or a "moral pedestal"

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
I think it's because I never played baseball when I was growing up. If one doesn't have the appreciation for a certain sport's strategies and dynamic then you won't appreciate it.
I played baseball when I was a tween. In fact, I was the pitcher of my high school team, cuz I had good aim (still do).

That being said, I still feel watching baseball is like watching paint dry.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Watching Baseball is like watching golf except they show you the parts where they are driving from spot to spot as well.

So boring.

What is there like 20 minutes of actual playing in an entire game?

Maui

TRIBE Member
Watching Baseball is like watching golf except they show you the parts where they are driving from spot to spot as well.

So boring.

What is there like 20 minutes of actual playing in an entire game?
Football is slow as molasses. Most sports other than hockey and basketball are slow.

It's like enjoying movies the Rock or Seagal put out vs. indie flicks, sometimes you want more substance.

Point is, in an all out war baseball fans are gonna kick hockey fans asses due to 50, 000 vs. 20,000.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders