• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

snowboarding VS skateboarding

smile

TRIBE Member
skating

PROS
-more accessible...just buy a complete setup for around $250 and you're good to go.
-bowl/pool skating kicks major ass.
-chicks LOVE skaters.

CONS
-harder progression.
-painful bails.
-sweaty and dirty.

snowboarding

PROS
-WAY more fun.
-easier to progress, bails are softer.
-great workout.

CONS
-expensive as FUCK. pants, boots, jacket, thermals, board, bindings, lift tickets.
-stupid yuppie skiier fags hitting you because they're not looking where they're going (okay, i'm bitter... it happened last week)
-concussions are fun!

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by smile

-stupid yuppie skiier fags hitting you because they're not looking where they're going (okay, i'm bitter... it happened last week)
The sign someone is new to the sport....

smile

TRIBE Member
i'm new to the sport because someone hit me?

3 ski patrollers witnessed it, and the person got their season's pass yanked for the rest of the year because of it....i don't think it was ever considered my fault, you fag.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
I can tell you are new to the sport because you referred to the person that hit you as a "stupid yuppie skiier fag." Amateur move. So 1993.

Access

TRIBE Member
Snow is softer than HARD UNFORGIVING CONCRETE.

And plus you go faster.

Snowboarding gets my vote.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Don't chicks love snowboarders too?

Believe it or not I started snowboarding before I started skating. Now that I think about it, it probably doesn't seem that odd but at the time none of my friends snowboarded and you weren't allowed in most places.

I tend to favour ramps and bowls for skating.... so although its cheaper its still a bit hard to find sometimes!

And a cool ramp or street section is a cool ramp or street section.
You can only go so fast at the North end of blue for so long... and then you wish you lived in Quebec or BC!

Don't think you can't get a concussion on a skateboard! My uncle got one in a bowl while he was even wearing a helmet! Broke that fucker clean off his head!

AVE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Muad'ib
I can tell you are new to the sport because you referred to the person that hit you as a "stupid yuppie skiier fag." Amateur move. So 1993.
haha

Funzo

TRIBE Member
There is no contest. You skate in the summer, snowboard in the winter. We don't have any indoor parks here so skating indoor isn't an option.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Why "vs"? Both sports compliment each very well. One for the winter, one for the summer.

Skateboarders are much more mobile, I suppose. Then again, skiers like me can make new snowboarder friends by giving them tows!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
skateboarding = friction between the wheels and the road.

snowbaording = no friction at all

i learned this the hard way.

headwinds

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Casper
yuppy = Young Urban Professional, your comment makes no sense,
peace
it sure does make!

CONS
-expensive as FUCK. pants, boots, jacket, thermals, board, bindings, lift tickets.

snowboarding has been around for 15+ years (maybe more?!).... its totally commercial and mainstream....ah i remember the days when snowboarding was banned on most hills because snowboarders would thought to be a danger to skiers! its assbackwards now.

the suits in the office go snowboarding on the weekends...its so weird to hear them discuss their wipeouts on monday. they have no sense at all of the roots of skate/snowboarding.

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
Ice in Ontario is just as hard as Concrete ;)
yup.

my knee could vouch for that!

if i ski and snowboard than what am i?

and i have been hit way more times by snowboarders - but it has to do with the person and rather than what they are on.
when i was teaching a 6 year old kid how to ski a snowboarder trying to do a 180 slammed right into him in the middle of happy valley - busted up his nose, blood everywhere, screaming kid. and he took off. but then 2 other snowboarders stopped to help.

so see - it's the person, not the mode of transportation.

Casper

TRIBE Member
no it doesn't make sense, you live in TO and hang around yuppies, they happen to board, that doesn't make it a yuppy sport. you should realize that people do snowboard outside of blue mountain, i would compare the peeps who started the sport more to hippies than anything else.
expensive? i guess if you have to style it up and buy a name brand jacket to feel cool that's your problem, most people already own a winter jacket, same for pants, gloves, etc. all you need is a board, bindings, and boots. when i started i had to borrow money from my mom. what does allowing snowboarding on ski hills have to do with anything, where the fuck else are you going to go unless you have a helicopter or a sled. as far as passes being expensive, yes, but alot of times there's ways around that too,
peace

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by headwinds

snowboarding has been around for 15+ years (maybe more?!).... its totally commercial and mainstream....ah i remember the days when snowboarding was banned on most hills because snowboarders would thought to be a danger to skiers! its assbackwards now.

So because we are allowed to rdie at resorts, we sold out? Check your head, pal. People sell out, sports don't, it is what you make of it and your attitude on the mountain.

the suits in the office go snowboarding on the weekends...its so weird to hear them discuss their wipeouts on monday. they have no sense at all of the roots of skate/snowboarding.
One could say the same thing about people like you and smile. Again, anyone is allowed to ride, they don't have meet some objective standard of down-ness. So what if people can only make it out on weekends? And how would you hear them talk about if you aren't in the office on Monday with them? Not everyone aspires to turn pro. So what if people work in an office all week? The important thing is that they still ride. Many of the folks who hold office jobs are the same people who rode way back in the day and make up the roots and culture of snowboarding/skateboarding.

BTW- Skateboarding is so much more badass.

tablist

TRIBE Member
Skateboarding all the way. I always get way more hurt snowboarding, cuz the fucking thing is attatched to me, plus I've been falling on concrete while skating for a long time, so I' used to it and I can fall and roll properly. Not to say it doesn't hurt, because it fucking does, but its more a rush for me when I'm trying something all day, and then that moment of gratification comes when you feel that slap of you feet catching your deck under you and then connecting with the pavement and riding away. I have goosebumps just writing this!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

tablist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Muad'ib
Surfing is more badass than both snow and skateboarding combined.
I disagree, but its probably because I'm afraid of the ocean. Yeah, that's right, afraid of the ocean.

I'd love to surf on an indoor wave. Too bad we don't have one in Canada.