• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Snowboarding Pain..

ALEKSANDRA

TRIBE Member
OK I know there are a lot of riders here so I have a Q:

I went boarding at blue yesterday and on Happy Valley, I HAD to stop at LEAST three times and sit down for 10 seconds because the pain in my back/'router' leg (which is my right... I ride standard) got EXCRUCIATING pain. The muscle felt so tense and I could not stand any longer.

I tend to lean back a bit while going down and most pressure is on my back foot. I tried to tranfer it to the front but the speed increased a lot and it felt awkward. Is there something wrong with my riding? I never got this last year...

Today the thigh is all pulled (so is the rest of my body..oww) so I don't think it got injured or it's from anything serious. Anyways, thanks for reading this and I hope some more advanced rider can help me out.

Thanks.

joey

TRIBE Member
probally just due to over-use of a muscle that hasn't been used in a while...

keep stretching

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
When you are riding your weight should be centred on the board. A common problem that people make is that they put too much weight on the back foot. Keep centred and tried to keep equal pressure on both feet throughout most of the turn (at least for the initiation and completion).

I'm guessing that the reason you are speeding up too much is because the completion part of your turn is lacking. Perhaps try to make your turn shape more "C" like. If you do this you can either traverse across the hill upon completion or even send your board slightly uphill upon completion. If you are traversing across the hill then you will not be gaining as much speed as you would when your board is facing down the hill right?

Hopefully this makes sense. I've never given an explaination in written form before.

Good luck!

ALEKSANDRA

TRIBE Member
Yea I understand that thanks. But I was doing the C thing sometimes... it's odd.

and greg, my bro WAS with me.. but he's no teacher. He just zooms then waits for me haha

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ALEKSANDRA

TRIBE Member
But the pain came RIGHT then and thenleft for a bit. Not like I pulled it and felt it even after I stopped for a bit.. :confused:

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Sounds like a muscle cramp from overuse.

Put heat on for 20 mins off for 20 mins until up to 24 hours after it first happened. Then just stay off of it as much as possible.
Listen to your body - if something is cramped up or pulled, don't stretch it as you may end up causing more damage. Giver on the heat then try to keep it elevated and resting (whenever possible) for a few days.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ReCkLeSs GiRL

Today the thigh is all pulled (so is the rest of my body..oww) so I don't think it got injured or it's from anything serious.
If the thigh muscle is pulled then it is injured, and should be treated as such.

The soreness in the rest of your body is completely unrelated to the pull/cramp injury and should go away with some stretching.

G-FrEsH

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by joey
probally just due to over-use of a muscle that hasn't been used in a while...

keep stretching
thats the problem.. just cuz you haven't worked that muscle in that sort of way in awhile. Its the same as to working out everyday and then taking a break for a bit. When you start again then you hurt like 20 times more... it won't as bad the next time and so on. But you might hurt for the next couple of days....

the soreness is just the muscles repairing itself... you had a good work out....

DAvo..

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

fuzzy

TRIBE Member
All you can do now for it is:

-Do a proper warm up and streatch to clear out the toxins in the muscle, each day
-Sleep
-Eat properly

It should clear up within 5 days or less, maybe even 2 days

Richard

Next time you do something that works your muscles hard make sure you pay back you oxygen dept
This is done by doing atleast a 5 min cool down and then stretch

xopus

TRIBE Member
im suprised no one has mentioned this yet.

check the angle of your highback, it is possible that it is angled to much, and causing you pain that way. I had a pain very similar to yours when i had my highback angled to much.
I would suggest setting your highback as verticle as possible, and as the day goes on, adjust it till you get the best response with no pain.

max

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Yeah Smile got it dead on! Adjust your stance! Try opening your stance more, angle your feet outwards, just a little. Even just a degree at a time. Unless you ride directional, they your deserve the pain ;)

I used to get pain in the arches of my feet, then I adjusted my bindings and I've been fine ever since!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Had the same problem last year and I thought it was because I haven't exercised those muscles properly.

Then my bf adjusted my bindings (put them at 0 and 15 degrees) and I don't have that pain anymore... adjust the bindings to whatever you're most comfortable, it will make a difference. Instead of making a bigger angle (which will be harder on your joints), make it a smaller angle (like 15 or 10)...
But then again, people's feet are different, so... whatever is most confortable to you.

ninja

TRIBE Member
I was feeling some snowboarding pain but its all gone now. the first day always knocks me on my ass from exhaustion. but now its all good.
smile knows his snowboardin it sounds listen to him.
happy riding everyone.
( I hear its all warm and melty back east.)
its dumping snow out here (BC)
:p

Stan

TRIBE Member
Make sure you hit all the multipliers on the way down, so you can get maximum points. Prewind your spins / flips by pressing left / right on the Control Pad and holding down the Jump button. And press the Square button to Boost just before the jumps so you can get maximum height.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by xopus
im suprised no one has mentioned this yet.

check the angle of your highback, it is possible that it is angled to much, and causing you pain that way. I had a pain very similar to yours when i had my highback angled to much.
I would suggest setting your highback as verticle as possible, and as the day goes on, adjust it till you get the best response with no pain.

max
Yes. I was going to mention check your binding and see if you have forward lean adjustment. I would suggest the oposite of above. If you are riding you toe edge alote (as I was at blue yestarday because of all the flat transiitions between runs) Give your selve more forward lean on your bindings so they are actually suporting your ankle as you are riding toe edge.

On a side note I'm in pain from riding at blue yestarday as well. My pain is in my neck from the nice face plant I did at the bottom of the hill right in front of the lift line.:eek: It was a clasic catch the toe edge face plant. I winded myself and everything but I had to pretend it didn't hurt because everyone saw it.;)

G-FrEsH

TRIBE Promoter
best one i did was goin too fast down the hill... wasn't aware of a little jump that sumone made went off the jump in shock.. moment i went in the air i went horizontal.. land right on my tail bone.. nice whip lash gogles go flying 20 feet.. doin anything for the next week was an issue.. it would take me like 10 mins just properly get in my car without any pain...

Davio