• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Snowboarding and maintenance

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I just realised last night that I know at least 5 people that have been snowboarding for the past 4-5 years and they have NEVER waxed their board, nor performed other maintenance on their board.

WTF? How many people on Tribe haven't waxed their boards yet?

Access

TRIBE Member
I'm Still riding on my 6 year old origional wax. I never get around to waxing it. I have the deepest gashes on the bottom but i can't really tell the difference in performance unless i'm boarding through slush.

I really have to sharpen my edges though. that's a more noticable problem for my board right now.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
I've waxed my board 2x since i bought it.
Of course, i've only gone out 6times with it, cause i rarely get the chance to go.

Like Access, I have to sharpen the edges as well

I used to work in a Ski/Board tech shop, so i know how to do that shit. I just hate getting high on the fumes.

[The Tesseract]

partypix

TRIBE Member
since I am not able to make it to Blue today - I am taking my board in for a tuning.

sharp edges are a must, that I know, makes a diff when riding here in ontario.

Usually wax before each season start.

You should ALWAYS check your bindings; stripped screws are a b!tch

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

smile

TRIBE Member
i wax mine at least once every 2 weeks. i like going fast.

i like my edges a bit de-tuned, so i don't usually bother with that shit, unless it's super icy.

Shann

TRIBE Member
I try and wax my board once a week or so...
it rarely happens tho! hahaha

come spring, it will be after every time I ride...

I HATE sharpening my edges so I definitely dont do that often enough!

Shann

TRIBE Member
its not SUPER necessary here when there is snow but at shitty times like this, it makes carving a hell of a lot easier...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MARCin

TRIBE Member
i usually wax and sharpen it before the season, haven't done it this year yet though, will do it this week.