• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

::: snowboarding 2006/2007 :::

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
It looks like it's raining outside here too. Nasty! Although it's *hopefully* still snow up at the top of the mountain. We'll see on Monday.

Grant & Erin are off climbing somewhere too. I hope they don't get too wet.

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Looks like i"m heading to Blue tomorrow. There's a foot of snow in Barrie right now and temperatures look like they'll be hovering around the 0 mark tomorrow. Should be fun. Only 2 runs, but better than none.

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
SmoothOperator said:
So who's hitting blue today? Been trying to reach Khemistry with no luck. Anyone else wanna go?
Dude!!! I was supposed to go up but it fell apart last minute. I totally would have been down for going to blue today.

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Jeremy Jive said:
Dude!!! I was supposed to go up but it fell apart last minute. I totally would have been down for going to blue today.
Argggggg! It would have been a gorgeous day for riding guys. Supposed to rain tomorrow so we'll see. If the weather report gets any better for tomorrow, I'll have room for 2 more if anyone wants to come. Just let me know.

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
My gear is already packed and ready to go but I have a feeling an evenings debauchery will prevent me from moving very far tomorrow.

Puma

TRIBE Member
anyone know a good place where I can buy a good snowboarding jacket for a decent price around mississauga area..

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
Puma said:
anyone know a good place where I can buy a good snowboarding jacket for a decent price around mississauga area..
Hustler in oakville, West 49, Corbett's in oakville, sporting life at sherway.

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Blue was fun today. Can't complain for $20. Their advertising of 2 runs open was kinda bs though. 1 + the kiddie hill was reality. I was just happy to get out and test the new gear (bindings). Lots of newbie dodging, but good times all in all.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
Jeremy Jive said:
sorry Jer...we ended up going, only ONE run was open (there was two, but one was easy street the kids run)

all in all it was bumpy and redundant, but good to get the gears in motion.

I do apologize again, I didn't realize that the car was full....zirca met us up there too...you didn't miss much though.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Picking up my new boots on Monday... Buton Emeralds.. they look pretty sweet.. the fast lacing system seems pretty cool... but i gues you don't really know until the first time you ride it!

aki

TRIBE Promoter
First day of the season, and first day of riding on the west coast at Mount Washington.

Good lord did I ever get beat up. I thought, according to Ontario standards, I had skills...

The west coast snow and terrain just killed me. Going from bare icy dinky slopes to deep steeps and glades...hahaha...Mike aka ninja showed me a thing or two. F*&kin hell I love it out here!!:D

Cocky at Blue Mountain = getting owned out west.

Last edited:

Cheap Ego

TRIBE Member
yesterday at cypress was rainy, foggy and very wet.. and fun! I've never ridden in such dense fog before, at times you wouldn't even be able to see the trail coming up ahead of you..

some pics..

This one totally reminds me of the end of the Gears of War commercial, with all the glowing lights :)