• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Snowboarders: Opinion Wanted

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Goggles?

I'm leaning towards Dragon with the Triple lenses
I don't really like Oakley. I think you're paying too much for a name.

Thoughts?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

C-NiCE

TRIBE Promoter
Dragon definitely make a solid product and you are quite right about Oakley's being overpriced.

I don't really care too much which goggles I got as long as they keep the wind out of my eyes. there isn't much performance enhancement a more expensive goggle can give you over a cheaper set. Only thing that would make a difference for me would be interchangeable lenses for different light conditions.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I have Dragon and they are AWESOME. I used to have Oakleys and that's a very well-known name, but I have been happier with Dragon... No fog, better lens (the colour doesn't hurt my eyes, the Oakleys did for some reason), and most importantly to me, they don't push on my nose (the Oakelys were really uncomfortable). As far as I am concerned, Oakleys are overpriced and eventhough they are good quality, Dragon are just as good and in my case, better.

AshG

i don't know much about goggles, but i know the one good thing about oakley sunglasses is that you can always get a new pair for free due to their lifetime warranty.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Funzo

TRIBE Member
I like my Spy's. There were cheap(er) and kickass in any lighting conditions. They also look hawt

My backups are Iris, they were dirt cheap and work good in dull light, not good for super bright days though. Good quality too!

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I think for me the number one thing is the tint of the lense and how it works in light conditions.

When you try the gogles in the store ask if you can step outside to test them out.

Access

TRIBE Member
Ones that don't fog up. Theres nothing like a little fog in the goggles to ruin a good day of snowboarding.

Mine were pretty cheap Da Kine goggles. They always fog up and have a couple cracks in the lense. I should probably be lookin to get a new pair as well.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by fuzzy
I can not imagine myself ever spending alot on googles

Richard

You should always make sure you spend a lot on two things: googles and gloves... you cannot afford feeling cold and not being able to see.

vinder

TRIBE Member
yup, just make sure they don't fog up.

personally, i can't stand coloured lenses as i cna't see the shadows that well.

mine, and keep the wind out and don't fog up, i'm happy. mine are clear, and work really well considering i do most of my riding at night.

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
You should always make sure you spend a lot on two things: googles and gloves... you cannot afford feeling cold and not being able to see.

I spent $230 on a pair of Marmot gloves two years ago.
I haven't regretted it at all. Best gloves I've ever owned, even better than my old North Face ones.

I'm thinking of going to Hustler tonite to pick up a pair of Dragon Foils. $149 for the non-polarized lens, $200 for Polarized.

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
More opinions wanted...

I need to replace my SWEATY low-end ($40) Kombis... I checked out the $$$ gear at shops & ended up at Winners where I picked up some Auclair gloves- with an 'aquastop' layer& have a CSF tag on 'em, and some big white leather Auclair mittens(for everyday/cold hill days)- am thinking I should take the $ plunge for gortex, but I looooove the contact feel of leather...

As for usage:
I plan on going to Whister, Tremblant and France/swiss Alps in the very near future- and am hoping to get my ass into the park this year...

Oh & any suggestions liners? yay nay?
-J
*wears kid carrera goggles to fit my tiny noggin..

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr. Grinch
I spent $230 on a pair of Marmot gloves two years ago.
I haven't regretted it at all. Best gloves I've ever owned, even better than my old North Face ones.

I'm thinking of going to Hustler tonite to pick up a pair of Dragon Foils. $149 for the non-polarized lens, $200 for Polarized.

Oh I miss Hustler.. lived about them for a few years.. I think that's the reason I spent so much on boarding gear :D

Plus Dave would always give me a discount.

pr0nstar