1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Snowboarders... :D

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by pr0nstar, Aug 30, 2003.

1. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of Flow Bindings in the GTA?

And what I should expect to pay for them, I've seen them online for $170, but I'd rather buy local so I can test them out.

Lost my high back from one of my Silence bindings last year and I think I'm going to make the jump the flows, since they get great reviews.

pr0nstar

2. funkNstyle

funkNstyle TRIBE Member

I stick to online shopping. Canada if possible but i'll go state-side if i need too.
    It's always cheaper and you have more choices. (for me anyways)

As long as you have all your info sorted and know exactly what size, etc you need - then your set.

But if your set on local shopping, there's a place on the outskirts out T.dot that sells TONS of boards and equipment all year. (skate and snow)
    Hopefully someone can hook up the name because it seems to have escaped me??
    They always have a commercial on the EDGE during snow season.

3. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

wait for the ski and snowboard show...they have everything at pretty good prices, including last years stock.

it's usually in late october I believe...at the automotive building.

4. ALEKSANDRA

ALEKSANDRA TRIBE Member

Yea the ski/snowboard show is in Oct...

I will be there :)

need new straps or bindings

5. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Ok, I'll keep an eye out for the Ski/Snowboard show in October.

Who's picking up the 5x7 or Night Pass @ Blue again this year?

Vinder, Norm, HMHA?

Looking forward to boarding this year. Like every other year ;)

6. Shann

Shann TRIBE Member

"Friends dont let friends ride FLOW"

But if you're gonna go that way, wait for the ski show.. Oct 17th - 19th or something like that...

I actually picked up the new SBC today. *tear* Why must the best mag ever only come out once every 3 months?? :( Great articles though.... A must-read if I do say so myself...

7. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

Yo, you gots to trip out the flows, Know what I'm sayin! :p

I have some Flows, I really like them, I just learned last winter, and maybe got out 20 times, but I found the stepins to be super fast to do up, and provided me lots of support, esp since I have soft boots(they were free).

I hope to get soem new gear for this year.

Checked out a few option board, from last year 160 cm, brand new for like 300 bucks.

Not sure what im going to get for boots and bindings, but I just might stick with the ones I got for this year, at least the boots are warm.

Can't wait for the snow!

:D
    DAVE

8. Funzo

Funzo TRIBE Member

Tech-9's all the way! I can't do the step-in's, they just don't have the response and support I need/like for jibs and pipe.

I got my DC's stolen last year though, so I need new boots.

9. funkNstyle

funkNstyle TRIBE Member

To be completely honest, I've never come across better sale prices than West 49 from March onward. (other than the snowshow)

In March/April I picked up a pair of DC Phantom's for $189 and my girl got the DC Eris for $179.
    Thats two really good pairs of DC boots for the price of one - If not cheaper! My best friend picked up an Option Redline for $150
    He also grabbed k2 bindings for like $25

Each store has different stock than the other, so if you scope out a few stores in the spring you can get crazy good deals, on solid equipment.
    They also have alot of junk - dont ask the counter monkeys for help!

It's a great idea for people starting out or buliding a second "trasher" board for jibing and kicking the shit out of.

10. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

Wow, those are really good deals!

Unfortunately, the prices of gear is pretty much out of control here in Fernie. I need to check out some gear when Im back home, and see if its cheaper.

DAVE

11. Funzo

Funzo TRIBE Member

Agreed, I never understood why people get rid of their old boards? I have one for street jibs (spry), one for park (Burton) and one for cruisers (this last one doesn't come out in Ontario though, have to wait until April to get back to B.C.)

12. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

I don't understand this crazy boarder talk at all.. here is what I got.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or...

{insert photo of jayisbored}

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

Can somebody please clarify?

and what is FLOW?

Bumbaclat <-- hasn't snowboarded in 10 years

13. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Flow is a company.

They make binding that are slide in, instead of step in.

A lot easier to get in out and the feel of a normal highback.

14. Funzo

Funzo TRIBE Member

Ok I'll try and help you out here! Tech-9 is a binding company, yes same as the gun. Step in bindings are kind of like skis, you just step down and you're secured. You have a hard boot, instead of a soft boot. "Jibbing" is sliding (no not snorting) rails with your snowboard. "Pipe" is short for "Half Pipe" FLOW is another binding company.

15. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

that is a vast improvement. I really don't like waiting for my brother while he does up his gear.

How did that slang come about? strange.

Thanks for the help Funzo and pr0n.

Bumbaclat

16. Funzo

Funzo TRIBE Member

I agree step-ins are quicker, but it's all about personal style. Some of my friends love the step-in.

I can't say I know how this slang came about. I knew snowboard jibbing before I heard meth called that?

17. that 420 guy

that 420 guy TRIBE Member

~*...lookin for the flow...*~

not only did these boys get the url (www.flow.com), they also make some badass bindings.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i will have a pair on my ride this year.

...and yes i'm grabbin a 5x7 this season. can't wait.

- that rockie foothills are bigger than blue guy :cool:

18. that 420 guy

19. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D
    Cant wait!
    DAVE

20. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

OMG, SO MUCH SNOW... CAN'T STOP THE DROOOOL!

21. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

haha, I was THE BOMB looking out my bedroom window and seeing that everyday! Yep, my life is pretty sweet!
    DAVE

22. laser_racer

laser_racer TRIBE Member

Great Pics Dave

Got me all excited!!!

23. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

I'm looking for anyinout on this setup....

a 161 exp invasion board, rode for 1 season, and in really good condition. It has sidewall sandwich constustion. The will strip the wax and put new on for me. As well in this combo deal, are tech 9 bindings, they look in good shape and have a lifetime warrenty. The board is the exact size I was looking for and the whole deal can be had for $375. I think its pretty good deal, anyone care to comment.

DAVE

24. Ditto Much

Ditto Much TRIBE Member

When do the Blue passes go on sale?

Damn I think I want a set of those bindings as well, they work with any normal boot don't they?

(last year was my virginity being broken, now I'm a slut)

25. that 420 guy

welcome to the club, you slut :p

season passes are available right meow

5x7 = $149
    night = $94

just to put things into perspective

blue might be pathetic in comparison, but when its all we got i ain't complainin.

see you on the slopes

- that spent last week in the rockies guy :cool: