• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

[[...snow addiktz 2010/2011...]]

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
new gear (burton custom flying v board .

aside from the fact that I am incredibly jealous, I am interested in hearing how you like your V. I am assuming it has the est system also ( i think all Burtons do now-??). Pretty please?

Also- anyone else getting excited about the 2012 boards? lol:p

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
i've been seriously spoiled this year with awesome snow.

i even treated myself to some new gear (burton custom flying v board with mission bindings), which helped me keep above the powder tremendously. had a blast riding with more experienced folks (jesse brown, willar x, ryan kruger, gary the gnome, et al.) who helped us find the FTWK runs and improve my skills.

most definitely an epic season. where was the best snow you've ridden this season, will? if you have the means, and from the sounds of it you have earned the skills, i highly suggest you try to include a day of catboarding in your journeys. it will ruin snowboarding for you. you may never want to wait in line for groomers again.

or catch kicking horse or revelstoke on a pow day. we hit kmhr last tuesday after a 21cm dumping. blue bird skies and fresh snow made for an epic day of shredding. it was actually better than my two days of catboarding because the terrain at kicking horse is steep, deep and gnarly.

006_kicking_horse_feb15_2l11.jpg

015_kicking_horse_feb15_2l11.jpg

020_kicking_horse_feb15_2l11.jpg

041_kicking_horse_feb15_2l11.jpg

back country hit at lake louise by i.b.invisible

005b_the_lake_feb14_2k11.jpg

008_the_lake_feb14_2k11.jpg

tee dot krew reprazent!
036_the_lake_feb14_2k11.jpg

rock garden snowmurai
032_the_lake_feb14_2k11.jpg

backdoor in the sunshine backcountry
005_sunshine_feb13_2k11.jpg

nakiska powder
004_nakiska_feb12_2k11.jpg

~*...snowmurai...*~

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
2012 libtech skate banana, attack banana, travis rice and travis rice horsepower.
2012_libtech.jpg

2012_libtech_base.jpg

t.rice and t.rice horsepower.
2012_libtech_trice.jpg

the horsepower tech makes the board a full pound lighter and is stiffer with more pop thanks to the substitution of eco basalt for fiberglass. unfortunately, its a $150 price difference *eek* it was tough sellin' the extra $100 price difference this year, $150 is going to be a lot harder...especially as the 2012 trs has a fiberglass/basalt combo and is only $20 more expensive than the regular t.rice.

gonna rip the regular t.rice 57 tomorrow at the shine. i'm not completely sold on this hybrid camber, maybe because its not as loaded as a cambered stick and not as floaty or forgiving as a rocker stick. its somewhere in between. riding deep pow on a c2-btx was more floaty than a cambered board, but not as floaty as a full rocker. maybe i'll sing a different tune after tomorrow.

contour hd helmet cams capture everything. watch this vid. whoah!

we're holding a contest at work for a weekend of catboarding at fernie wilderness adventures. here are the deets.

~*...snowmurai...*~

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
sheik rock, what kind of cam are you using in your vids? Is it helmet mounted, or attached to your goggle strap?

Friend is lending me his ContourHD for my trip to Whistler next week. I've got a telescopic pole to attach it to (which produces stellar results), but I don't want to carry it all the time. The strap mount looks decent, but it also looks as though there's a lot of give for vibration.
Curious to hear your experience if you're using one of these cameras.

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
sheik rock, what kind of cam are you using in your vids? Is it helmet mounted, or attached to your goggle strap?

Friend is lending me his ContourHD for my trip to Whistler next week. I've got a telescopic pole to attach it to (which produces stellar results), but I don't want to carry it all the time. The strap mount looks decent, but it also looks as though there's a lot of give for vibration.
Curious to hear your experience if you're using one of these cameras.

We use the GoPro HD helmet hero. The clip for the camera actually has a rubber insert that you push in to cut down on vibration. I have a clip glued to the front of my helmet and my buddy has the main removable one, they both work about the same.
The main thing to keep in mind is you want to have it tilted low enough to be able to see your board or else it just looks like you are running down the hill. But then you will have a tough time doing chase cam for your buddies. So find two good positions and mark them on your helmet or mount.
Also, I'm going to be in Whistler from Thurs to Sunday next week. PM me if you want to do a run together or something.

Volant

TRIBE Member
just got back from an awesome time out west @ Whistler. amazing conditions...what a treat!

many of you will find it appalling that i'm still riding my 10-yr old salomon driver board with very very outdated and old bindings. every year, i'm *this* close to getting something new, but then my determination to ride it to the ground gets in the way!!!! :p

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Ya agree on the lessons- when I started I don't think lessons even existed lol.

More learning tips:
*Hang out with folks that are varying levels of riders:

I rode heelside for 3 seasons trying to keep up with advanced riders 'till my brother took the time to teach me basics - falling leaf and super mans.

*Start with a nice soft short flexy board, or borrow one.

*BUY YOUR boots. Don't borrow unless you are the exact same size!

Hoping to finally get some runs in Gatineau soon. That's as far to Tremblant I am getting this year...:(

Am finally learning to ride toeside, have some nice injuries in doing so. lol
I can see why snowboarders leave Ontario now. In the future, will purchase a trip to denver, right now looking at Beaver Creek resort. /fingers crossed

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
just got back from an awesome time out west @ Whistler. amazing conditions...what a treat!

many of you will find it appalling that i'm still riding my 10-yr old salomon driver board with very very outdated and old bindings. every year, i'm *this* close to getting something new, but then my determination to ride it to the ground gets in the way!!!! :p

pfft. I've barely even been out in the last 10 years and my board is a 91 burton air with plain ol sorels. Last time I was out I still made the kids look slow though.

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
t.rice c2-btx...alright, i'm sold on the hybrid camber. not as washy as full reverse, still solid when hauling ass, and easier than camber to butter and pop. its a good balance between the two cambers. if you can only have one board in your quiver, a hybrid cambered stick is your best all mountain freestyle choice. i can see why this board sells so well. it is super fun to ride everywhere, no matter what your riding style.

if you're in the calgary area, this thursday norquay is having their final 85yr anniversary lift ticket day. $0.85 for a full day lift ticket! they might as well be giving them away.

~*...snowmurai...*~

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I just picked up the Ride CAD bindings for Ivette, my old Ride Team binding had a ratchet spring die, they are still operational but I guess it was an excuse to impulse buy :D ...

Can't wait to try em out next weekend.

ride_cad_bndng_blk_09.jpg

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
I just picked up the Ride CAD bindings for Ivette, my old Ride Team binding had a ratchet spring die, they are still operational but I guess it was an excuse to impulse buy :D ...

Can't wait to try em out next weekend.

ride_cad_bndng_blk_09.jpg

nice one! let me know which ratchet broke on your ride team bindings and i'll send you a replacement one. then you'll have a pair of backups (to put on your tms when you buy yourself a new stick) ;)

p.s. the ride toe cap is the best one out there. no slip comfort and mad response. have fun with 'em. now get your ass out here and let's rip!

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Well I'm looking for a Concept UL, but they are impossible to find since they've been discontinued

ride_concept_ul_2010.jpg

Wanty want want.... *sigh*

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
Well I'm looking for a Concept UL, but they are impossible to find since they've been discontinued

ride_concept_ul_2010.jpg

Wanty want want.... *sigh*

they've applied the ul tech to the ride society, bringing the price down to a reasonable $629.99. i've ridden both the society and the society ul, and they are some of the most fun cambered all mountain sticks i've had the pleasure of shredding. they took the carbon fiber strips and turned them into hollow carbon pop rods in the nose and tail. you can ollie for days on the society. i paid that board forward to a friend. i miss that stick *sigh*

we've got a 54, 57 and 60 left if you're interested.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Tempting,... considering it.

I wanted the Concept because it'd be a natural progression from my Timeless, but maybe going with the Society might be a good idea so I can learn off of a more freestyle board...

decisions decisions...

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
Tempting,... considering it.

I wanted the Concept because it'd be a natural progression from my Timeless, but maybe going with the Society might be a good idea so I can learn off of a more freestyle board...

decisions decisions...

time to start buttering, popping and spinning my brother...and the society is a perfekt balance between fun and business! i haven't steered you wrong yet, have i?

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
Nope you haven't, any way to get one in my hands by friday :p *wishful thinking*

Let's say the 157

go smaller. the 54 is easier to play with, especially for your weight. keep the 57 for those haulin' ass and powder days. its good to have two sizes to choose from.

and yes, i can get it to you by weekend ;)

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Interesting, Ivette is a 159, it would be interesting to have a real short deck...

I'm weighing 160lbs right now @ 5'9".

Let's make this happen :D

OTIS

TRIBE Member
t.rice c2-btx...alright, i'm sold on the hybrid camber.

if you can only have one board in your quiver, a hybrid cambered stick is your best all mountain freestyle choice. i can see why this board sells so well. it is super fun to ride everywhere, no matter what your riding style.

Exactly why I liked the T.Rice to begin with (pre-BTX/C2), but didn't want to get yet another one when I had a chance to switch it up a bit and GNU provides similar offerings and with all the same tech. Why I went with the GNU RC.

The best part is the buttery flex factor gets much better as the board works itself in too, either that or you just gain the muscle memory to work it better. But it seems to gain more agility as time goes on I think.

Also.. me and some pow in Vermont!
167037_10100140427663912_28119159_59850584_961881_n.jpg

163999_10100140427319602_28119159_59850576_854012_n.jpg

Posing out for my brothers' joint Bday Weekend/Bachelor Party at Blue.
185995_10100158855674032_28119159_60293139_2784950_n.jpg

*crosses fingers for more snow in Ontario's season*