• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

[[...Snow Addiktz 09/10...]]

Inv si le

TRIBE Promoter
^^^ that ain't spring riding, that's summer riding. nice...but where are the bikinis?

18cm of fresh gets tracked out pretty fast at the lake, but if you know where to go you can still find some untouched goodness...which sometimes requires you to go a little bit out of bounds.

the source is holding a contest at the lake on closing day (sun, may 2) called "what the huck?" they are carving a 10ft wide huck rut into the side of two XL jumps, then building a 100ft long 5ft high spine. its gonna be an amazing contest. i.b. invisible, you should come out for the day. i'll show you where the goods are hiding.

this three year old grom is better than you and me...:eek:

~*...snowmurai...*~

Schedule request is sent. Looking forward to checking that vid when I get home. Will see if I can get photo-operated tomorrow...

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
Hey West Koast Kids - What are the conditions like up on Whistler?

Flying into Van tomorrow evening and making my way up to Vhissstla Wednesday evening.

The music acts this year aren't as appealing as past years but looking forward to the 72 Hr Film Showdown, Olympus Pro Photographer Showdown and a little corporate rave action featuring MixMaster Mike.

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
closing day at louise

got to shred some slushy lines with inv si le

the hot dog eating contest kicked the shit out of him

great to meet you, dave. see you at slush cup.

~*...snowmurai...*~

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
82nd annual slush cup at sunshine village. we could not have asked for better weather.

a perfekt way to close out the season. only five more months until the season starts again...woohoo!

~*...snowmurai...*~

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Bought myself a Sierra Reverse Crew snowboard today. It's essentially the 2011 Burton Custom V-Rocker, but with different graphics and a 4-hole pattern. Even made by burton in Austria. Normally retails for $599 US, but there's another crazy retarded sale going on at Sierra Snowboards so I jumped on it. Can't go wrong for $159!!

If anyone's in need of a new board this year, i'd suggest checking out the site!!
Discount Snowboards, Discount Snowboard Bindings, Discount Snowboard Boots, Snowboard Sales, Burton Snowboard Sales

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
Bought myself a Sierra Reverse Crew snowboard today. It's essentially the 2011 Burton Custom V-Rocker, but with different graphics and a 4-hole pattern. Even made by burton in Austria. Normally retails for $599 US, but there's another crazy retarded sale going on at Sierra Snowboards so I jumped on it. Can't go wrong for $159!!

If anyone's in need of a new board this year, i'd suggest checking out the site!!
Discount Snowboards, Discount Snowboard Bindings, Discount Snowboard Boots, Snowboard Sales, Burton Snowboard Sales
nice score! its funny how there are only a handful of actual snowboard manufacturing firms located in either austria or china who make most of the snowboards we buy under different brand names.

same asian kid making the board. different brand name.

its always fun to have a quiver of sticks to ride.

~*...snowmurai...*~

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Hey Norm, your shop is exclusively boards right? (ie: no skis)

Do you know what the good shops in Calgary might be for end of season/off-season ski gear sales? I'm determined to get a touring setup for next season, but want to do as much smart shopping as possible since it's obviously going to cost a lot for the entire setup.

xopus

TRIBE Member
So with the season quickly approaching, its time to think about a new board.
I'm thinking that something with magna traction might be the way to go. I'm looking for a fast all mountain/freeride board. Doesnt have to be a great jumper, but needs to excel on technical terrain, and at high speeds. My riding style is all about pinning it, everywhere on the mountain. I'm just shy of 6' and weight about 155. Currently I'm on a K2 Darkstar 157.
Anyone have suggestions?