• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

[[...Snow Addiktz 09/10...]]

OTIS

TRIBE Member
after 7 weeks of recovery, it sure did feel good to be back on my board again. unfortunately, it hasn't snowed since i injured myself.

saddleback @ lake louise - this is the cliff i dropped and fucked my knee. its hard to capture how big of a drop it is, so we tried to put it into perspective using me and my board.
You said you had video of this. I demand to see it NAO!

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Blue has been really consistently good all season. This week was no exception. A couple shots from the park areas. WOOT!

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Nice pics!^^

Powder at Blue today, in some areas. Got busted by the coolest ski patrol ever. Sometimes the guys with a few years under their belt can really surprise you with their ability to cut through the bs and provide a positive experience.

bootyhunta

TRIBE Promoter
Has anyone been out to Whistler in late April?

There's some good deals right now for April 20ish - 30ish and I was curious to what the conditions are like.

I figure the top is good, but you won't be able to board all the way to the bottom.

diablo

TRIBE Member
Apropos of nothing, I'd just like to point out that dudes sagging their snowboard pants is the stupidest shit ever.

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Ha ha. I haven't noticed boarders doing this but a lot of skiers are wearing their ski pant bib straps hanging out over their ass. Not the most functional why to wear them.

sheik rock

TRIBE Member

There's some good deals right now for April 20ish - 30ish and I was curious to what the conditions are like.

I figure the top is good, but you won't be able to board all the way to the bottom.
It is hard to say this far out, but they got plenty of base so it should be fine. You will only ski the top, but most people don't ski the bottom anyway.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
lol thanks for the vid evidence. Graceful injury if there ever was an example of one.

Whistler got puked on as well. Just a few highlights of my first time there.

At the peak to peak with my brothers.

First tracks!

On the backside negotiating the boundary line into no man's land.

Epic!

Inv si le

TRIBE Promoter
lol thanks for the vid evidence. Graceful injury if there ever was an example of one.

Whistler got puked on as well. Just a few highlights of my first time there.

At the peak to peak with my brothers.

First tracks!

On the backside negotiating the boundary line into no man's land.

Epic!
Wow, you couldn't of timed that trip better!

erikwh

TRIBE Member

It'll be great! still real snow on the top, sloppy on the bottom, but definitely skiiable all over. go for the telus fest if you can, it's shits and giggles all week.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
I'm quite upset that I can't go snowboarding this weekend due to the rain. EVERYWHERE, I checked Mont Tremblant, Vermont, Buffalo - no such luck.
Wanted to go to Blue quite badly before the season is over.

DJ Doublecross

TRIBE Member
With all this warm weather, think there's any chance Tremblant will be closed by easter weekend (april 2-5) or should they be fine?

Gotta get out at least once more this year!