1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

[[...Snow Addiktz 09/10...]]

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Subsonic Chronic, Sep 8, 2009.

1. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

You said you had video of this. I demand to see it NAO!

2. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Blue has been really consistently good all season. This week was no exception. A couple shots from the park areas. WOOT!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator TRIBE Member

^^Great shots Rob!

4. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

Anyone going to Bleu tonight?

5. khemistry

khemistry TRIBE Member

Does anyone know the road conditions on Airport Road on weather's like this?

6. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

Nice pics!^^

Powder at Blue today, in some areas. Got busted by the coolest ski patrol ever. Sometimes the guys with a few years under their belt can really surprise you with their ability to cut through the bs and provide a positive experience.

7. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

Hwy 10 and 124 - just west of Airport were overall in good shape tonight.

8. khemistry

khemistry TRIBE Member

Thanks, I'm heading up tomorrow night. So hopefully by that time it won't be that much disaster driving up on airport road.

9. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

10. bootyhunta

bootyhunta TRIBE Promoter

Has anyone been out to Whistler in late April?

There's some good deals right now for April 20ish - 30ish and I was curious to what the conditions are like.

I figure the top is good, but you won't be able to board all the way to the bottom.

11. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Apropos of nothing, I'd just like to point out that dudes sagging their snowboard pants is the stupidest shit ever.

12. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

Ha ha. I haven't noticed boarders doing this but a lot of skiers are wearing their ski pant bib straps hanging out over their ass. Not the most functional why to wear them.

13. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

It is hard to say this far out, but they got plenty of base so it should be fine. You will only ski the top, but most people don't ski the bottom anyway.

14. that 420 guy

that 420 guy TRIBE Member

my friend posted it on the fbook.

let's see if this link works.

sunshine got 20cm last night. louise 17cm. kicking horse 8cm. revvy 4cm.

...and here i am at work :( the temptation of shutting down the shop and riding is overwhelming me right meow.

15. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

lol thanks for the vid evidence. Graceful injury if there ever was an example of one.

Whistler got puked on as well. Just a few highlights of my first time there.

At the peak to peak with my brothers.
    [​IMG]

First tracks!
    [​IMG]

On the backside negotiating the boundary line into no man's land.
    [​IMG]

Epic!

16. Inv si le

Inv si le TRIBE Promoter

Wow, you couldn't of timed that trip better!

17. erikwh

erikwh TRIBE Member

It'll be great! still real snow on the top, sloppy on the bottom, but definitely skiiable all over. go for the telus fest if you can, it's shits and giggles all week.

18. ravinjunkie

ravinjunkie TRIBE Member

I'm quite upset that I can't go snowboarding this weekend due to the rain. EVERYWHERE, I checked Mont Tremblant, Vermont, Buffalo - no such luck.
    Wanted to go to Blue quite badly before the season is over.

19. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

Season is over here. Trust me, I'm in mourning too. :mad:

20. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

Whistler just got a foot of powder with another on the way for tomorrow, suckers!

21. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

I know. I didn't want to leave.

And blue is still good. Springtime conditions allow for some fun carefree riding. We got at least until April.

From today..

22. that 420 guy

that 420 guy TRIBE Member

23. artemis

artemis TRIBE Member

oooo can't wait - couldn't hit this season due to an injury...counting down 'till next year!

24. DJ Doublecross

DJ Doublecross TRIBE Member

With all this warm weather, think there's any chance Tremblant will be closed by easter weekend (april 2-5) or should they be fine?

Gotta get out at least once more this year!

25. Inv si le

Inv si le TRIBE Promoter