1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

[[...snow addiktz 08/09...]]

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by that 420 guy, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Joe Seven

Joe Seven TRIBE Member

I miss Revy. I miss snow.

[​IMG]

2. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Woohoo to getting out on skis again yesterday (thanks G!)! It had been almost a full year since the last time but after a few hours, everything was coming back.

What's up with Jasper and late-season snow though? I think we've had more in the past week and a half than we got in all of December and January. Ah well...

3. Muad'ib

Muad'ib Well-Known TRIBEr

it's always like that. we'll get dumped on until well after the ski hill closes which makes my mangled leg that much more sad. no after work turns for me this year.

4. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

Just got home from this sample sale, got 3 hoodies, 6 tshirts, 2 pairs of sick vans and a belt for 300$

All the clothes are size medium
    all the mens shoes are size 9
    all the womens shoes are size 6 or 7

they even have snowboard jackets and pants that are amazing. And Pro Tec armor and helmets with the plantronic's head phones in them. Go go go go go check it out right now.

totally steezin jawesomesauce happy bday to me!

5. dj Red Turtle

dj Red Turtle TRIBE Promoter

I wonder what Blue will look like on Friday.

6. Subsonic Chronic

I've realized that April is for sure the best time of year to score winter gear. Just got a sweet pair of North Face snow pants for Revy next year - half off, and they came with a free pair of board shorts. :)

It was almost exactly this time last year when I got my North Face down coat for half off out front of the same store. And I can probably write this off too as a work expense for the winter job.

7. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

8. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Is it cheaper than buying it in November? How much do you actually save by buying it now?

9. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

It'll likely go up 20$ or more for next year's early bird price, and after november is the standard price which is more.

I know I'm getting the pass every year so putting 50$ down now to save 20$ later is an easy decision since I have the cash right now.

10. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator TRIBE Member

Thanks for the heads up Nick. Does it give you the option to only pay $50 online? If so I can't find it.

11. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

yeah, at the bottom of the link there's a buy your pass now link where you can choose your price option

12. SmoothOperator

See it now...weird though first time I went through it, it bypassed that page entirely. hmmmmmm

13. SmoothOperator

Hooray for next years 5X7 purchase!

I just put all my gear away last night. Gave the boards a base clean, edge sharpen, and wax. Didn't bother to scrape the wax to protect the base through the summer. Also washed my outerwear with Synthetic Fabric Cleaner from MEC, then Nickwaxed that shiznit so water beads off it again next year.

*sigh* Was kinda sad but glad I can just grab my shit and go next winter!

14. that 420 guy

that 420 guy TRIBE Member

or you could jump on a plane and head out west with chrome-binder.

dooo eeet!

15. ChROmE

ChROmE TRIBE Member

Car rental and flight are booked. Arriving Friday night Norm and more details to follow.

Happy to see that the Toronto temperature equals the amount of fresh falling out your way.

17 degrees Toronto WHAT!

i!

16. dj Red Turtle

The garden can wait…spring is in the air and snow is still on the slopes allowing us to re-open for another weekend of skiing and riding under the sun. Weather and conditions permitting, the central area of the resort will be open, Saturday, April 18th and Sunday, April, 19th, 2009.

The hill will open for day hours (9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) and the Silver Bullet High Speed Six and Easy Rider Magic Carpet will provide access to our central runs. The TELUS Park will also re-open with walk up access for those with a Park Pass and helmet.

Discounted lift ticket rates will be in effect for non-passholders and exclusively for this weekend all Passholders will have access to the slopes for FREE:
    Adult/Youth/Senior Super, 5x7 and Night Value Passholders
    $19 FREE
    *(all prices +GST)

For the up-to-date Snow and Conditions Report, please click here.

Bev Philip
    Bev Philp
    Vice President, Sales & Marketing
    Blue Mountain Resort

Looks like Blue is still opened this weekend! Too bad I got plans!

17. SmoothOperator

Well shit that changes everything!

18. dj Red Turtle

Its free if you have a 5x7 pass!

19. SmoothOperator

Right now it looks like Sunday's the best bet. Chance of rain on Saturday...it's changing rapidly though. Few hours ago they were calling for full on rain all day saturday...now it's scattered showers.

Sunday anyone? ;)

20. AlyG

AlyG TRIBE Member

They were still talking about Norm's experience a few days later at Whitewater ;) I think the term "crazy Albertans" was used a couple of times (love you Normie, but it's true!)

Hmmm. I got 3 kinds of Mt. Begbie but have no idea what the others were...yellow and the red labels. Didn't head out at all! I was saving myself for 6 mile lake road in Nelson *heart*

21. that 420 guy

*ha* yeah, they were saying its been a pretty quiet year with regards to rescue, so a couple 'crazy albertans' hikin' out of the backcountry is most definitely one of the highlights of their season. it ranks up there as perhaps the most physically and mentally challenging thing i have ever done in my life. shit was beyond gnarly.

wikkid! lookin' forward to shredding you, chrome-binder. setting phasers to stun, son!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  22. AlyG

AlyG TRIBE Member

Revelstoke, April 2nd. "You want me to do what??"

[​IMG]

MUCH later on the same run...

[​IMG]

Trekkin' at Whitewater

[​IMG]

23. Subsonic Chronic

After a little trip last week, I'm 100% sold on ski touring as a means of getting around in the winter. You can get farther, faster than you can hiking the same places in the summer, and then you get to ski down fresh tracks!

What makes it a lot easier to do out here too is that there are tons of alpine club huts high up in the mountains where you can stay, where you can cook your food, dry out your clothes, and completely avoid the less comfortable aspects of winter camping & travel. :)

Only problem with finding a new hobby is that it's gonna cost me well over $1K to get setup with boots, binding, skis and skins. D'oh! Better start saving up now.

[​IMG]

24. that 420 guy

nice. you hiked blaster's ridge. the little bit of extra powder payoff you get at the top of catch basin is so worth the hike.

which resort had better snow on your trip? revvy or whitewater?

my homie ketchup tried to 50-50 a bent over tree in catch basin, and it broke resulting in a nice face smash...caught on film.
    [​IMG]

my reviews from the demo day (flowered up in a poz light to get customers stoked to buy the stick)

burton custom v-rocker 159
    [​IMG]
    just when you thought the most progressive snowboard in the history of snowboarding couldn't get any better, burton adds v-rocker technology and makes it slightly softer than the production custom you know and love. the result is buttery smooth performance with ninja like control, pop and flexibility.

for the unrelenting performance seeker looking to take their all mountain game to the next level, the custom v-rocker will get you there faster. if you can't do it on a custom v-rocker, give up.

burton method 155
    [​IMG]
    burton's most expensive snowboard was the vapor which retails for $1249 (just for the board alone). well, perhaps burton didn't like the fact that the lib-tech cygnus x-1 boasts more tech than the vapor and costs $100 more. the answer is the burton method which will retail for $1700!!!

the method is what happens when the largest manufacturer in the industry removes all limitations of expense and takes every resource they have available to create a snowboard. this board is lighter than your boots. hell, it's lighter than your bindings! annihilating everything with lightweight precision and powerful response, the method is a smoke weight dream machine so technically refined that when you get stuck in the flats, a dozen honeyed virgins come out from the trees to push you. unleash a method on any terrain and you'll be screaming burtonhu akbar in no time!

i normally don't ride boards this small (155cm) but i had to try it out. first off, the board is so ridiculously thin i thought for sure i'd snap it in half with the first butter i did. i was pleasantly surprised. this stick is fukkin' solid, and holy shit does it haul ass! less weight = faster!!! i took the method out for a couple bombing runs and i couldn't get over how fast and precise it was. its up there as one of the best snowboards i have ever ridden. i wouldn't say its worth the $1700 price tag, but if you've got that kind of money to spend on the best then this is the board for you. beginners need not apply.

ride machete 161 wide
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the mellow rocker on the ride machete provides the perfect balance between energy and stability. heli-accessed pillow lines, shit-your-pants alaskan gnar, stadium kickers, or 30ft street rails - you can dissect all elements with surgical precision, warp speed and second nature agility with a machete attached to your feet.

capita stairmaster 158
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    if you're into tasting the all-terrain sampler platter on a daily basis, the capita stairmaster will help you dish out some serious damage. you might wonder where the trucks and wheels go, cause this stick is pretty much a skateboard for the snow. slay everything from peak to park without breaking your bank. fuck yeah!

burton easy livin 158
    [​IMG]
    the easy living replaces the un.inc line maintaining the signature blunt nose shape you know and love. wow this board is fun to ride! poppy, powerful, and responsive, the burton easy living will make you jump for joy like you just found the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. if you see the mountain as one huge skate park full of infinite possibilities, the easy livin is the stick you need to unleash incredibly smooth and ultra fast lines up, off and over everything in sight.

~*...snowmurai...*~

25. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

Rome Head Offices in Vermont on my recent trip

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one I snapped through the window of their office... Interesting ;)

[​IMG]