• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

[[...snow addiktz 08/09...]]

zoo

TRIBE Member
sheik you should've pm'd me, we could've met up on saturday

i skied fri, sat, sun, mon at whistler

friday it snowed 36cm, it was insane ... we were exploring the mountain and getting lost in waist deep powder, bailing into it and doing somersaults, haha ..

Funzo

TRIBE Member
^ How was Monday? I woke up late and after looking up from Creekside I thought it looked like a day off. I've been wrong before though!

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
sheik you should've pm'd me, we could've met up on saturday

i skied fri, sat, sun, mon at whistler

friday it snowed 36cm, it was insane ... we were exploring the mountain and getting lost in waist deep powder, bailing into it and doing somersaults, haha ..
Damn, if I had known someone up there I would have taken a sick day on Friday. Saturday was awesome, but you could tell it was just the left overs from Friday.

zoo

TRIBE Member
Monday was awesome, the top had a decent covering (dusting), and the weather was nice and warm, although the clouds were very low so visibility was very unpredictable ... one minute you can see clear as day, and the next minute you can't tell what's 10 feet infront of you! The ice that was near the bottom on Saturday had turned into slush, but I'll take anything over ice.

Whistler-Blackcomb rocked me, but it was awesomely fun. I feel so much better now that I can ski moguls :)

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
epitrip 2k9

knot chute - fernie

tree wappy @ kimberley

fresh lines at the bottom of terminator ridge - kicking horse

lower ymir bowl - wh2o

hiking 5 mile basin at whitewater tomorrow then hitting red mtn on thursday. the snow gods are smiling on us this trip :)

enjoy revvy, aly. sorry our paths won't coincide this year.

~*...shreadlock...*~

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Cheeseburger Picnic in the sky tomorrow on Blackcomb. It's going to be a fun day. 20 minute hike, over 200 sliders to be eaten, I'm super stoked for this event!

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
hiked 5mile basin yesterday at whitewater and rode the best snow of my life. unfortunately, we got dumped out way too far down the basin and ended up hiking 9hrs to get out :eek: thank god for moonlight. fuck, that was gnarly!

~*...whoah...*~

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
9 hour hike? Holy fuck... I hope it wasn't all uphill?

I can't even imagine.
we weren't lost, just far out...way far out. forging new tracks through knee high powder is tough, especially when you're doing it by moonlight and traversing uphill. search and rescue were out looking for us by 10:30. we made it out by 2am. navigating trees in the dark is fukkin tough.

you are only as strong as your weakest rider, and our weakest rider was weak and inexperienced. tough lesson to learn.

do not go out in the backcountry with riders who are not as skilled you are. you will end up babysitting them.

we made it out alive and we were never lost, just far. we had all the right gear and were prepared to spend the night, but when you see your goal in the distance we refused to give up until we made it. we did get to make some super gnarly moonlight pow turns, which was heaven...but not worth the insane hike.

~*...snowmurai...*~

Last edited:

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Yeah I took tomorrow off work in hopes of getting a "last hoorah" in at blue. Looks like I'm screwed though cause it's gonna rain all day. FACK.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Gonna rent some skis and head up to the hill this morning (as long as I can grab my boss' pass)... apparently things have been much better there since we've been getting some snow in the past week.

We've got our staff trip coming up in 2 weeks, it's a 3-day ski touring trip and I haven't been on skis since last year's staff trip! Almost everyone else has though, and I don't want to be the one guy slacking way behind.

KiX

TRIBE Member
yah that's pretty weak G. ;)

you around today? i've got the day off and can swing by anytime if you want to do another tuneup

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
yes! i can actually take my cast off now and i am starting to do ankle flexion and rotations. you may be able to help me get the swelling down in my foot too, it looks like a sausage with cocktail weenies for toes.

KiX

TRIBE Member
sweet i'll be able to do WAY more now. pete wasn't able to get trevor's pass so we'll both swing by soonish (after powering up some coffee and breakfast first)

AlyG

TRIBE Member
Holy shitballs. Just survived my second day at Revelstoke and rode my very first bowl/glades. The snow was crazy, coming down all day, and I now know what ya'll mean when you talk about the snow monsters and keeping your nose up! Totally bailed ass over tail at one point, but it was so soft it was all good. Also...TIRED. Just getting up out of that lovely fluffy stuff is tough. TOUGH. On my way down to Nelson tomorrow afternoon to visit friends and head into much of the same at Whitewater. Apparently they've gotten dumped on (cue Norm?) and I'm peeing myself I'm so excited (but first I'm sleeping my ass in).

Pictures soon :D:D:D

AlyG

TRIBE Member
we weren't lost, just far out...way far out. forging new tracks through knee high powder is tough, especially when you're doing it by moonlight and traversing uphill.
Norm. The trek up to the north bowl almost did me in! I'm glad everyone came out alriiight and you did it up proper even in the tough times. I'm so sorry we're not able to make our two trips work, but I want you to know that I'm out there getting better and pushing boundaries you'd love me to push. GLADES AND BOWLS. So happy the weather is on our side too :)

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
LOL, just did the same thing! Did you have a "now where the hell am I" moment too? I love. Am now drinking Mt. Begbie tall Timber Ale
Haha. Yeah the hike out kinda sucked... pretty insignificant compared to Norms though. Love Mt. Begbie beer! Favourite is the Tall Timber ale. Have you been to the Cabin yet? Awesome place for booze and bowling (but watch out the tall boys start to add up $)