• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

SNL Saturday Night Live 40th Anniversary

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
that was fun. i bet the after party was a riot.
wish Eddie did Mr Robinson's neighborhood.

scary, i've been watching SNL since it's inception.

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
Jeopardy put me in tears then the show took a dive, I thought Chevy chase was in a costume, wtf happen to him the guy could barely breathe

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
celebrity jeopardy was hilarious.

it's great that eddie murphy showed up, but he could have at least tried to be funny. he just thanked the show for being so important to him and then walked off with his hot white girlfriend.

overall, it was a great show.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Jeopardy put me in tears then the show took a dive, I thought Chevy chase was in a costume, wtf happen to him the guy could barely breathe
I'm with you. Typical SNL show.starts off strong and then just falls off. Except this was 3.5 hours long.

It had moments spread out every now and then. Overall after the first hour it tailed off.

The difference in Akyrod to Chase aging is something else. Chase has turned in to fat, hard seeing old mr magoo. Akyrod still likable.

Kanye was horrible. Sucks Paul McCartney can't hit notes like he use to.

To many Robert Deniro, celebrity spots. Not enough skits.

There were a few funny moments. I've forgot them already.

Oh and Martin Short never needs to show up on tv again. He hasn't been funny since before showing up in SNL. His comments about not auditioning, and the cast of of the 84/85 season. Was, well revionist history. Well documented as the worst cast ever and all let go as Lorne came back and recast. He was the only one from that season to attend too.

There was a montage of those that had died. However there was a point where somebody named off actors live. Chris Farley wasn't mentioned. That was bad.

The show was more for them then it was for tv viewers in the end.

I wonder also how clique it got. Lots of comments before, during and after about it being like a high school reunion. Lots of comments about people finding their "class" And sticking together.

It probably ended up beig what a System Soundbar "special" party would be like if they had one today.

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
They mentioned Chris Farley right after Phil Hartman, kind of funny picking on Jon Lovitz, he was the one they were saying died. Bill Murray jaws song was ok, Taylor Swift sounded like she was gagging on a horse cock with that terrible California accent , nobody was laughing at her that was embarrassing.

Wish the weekend update with the ladies didn't give away that jaws was at the door, that could've been funny. I wouldn't think that anybody thought jaws was there , until that bitch ruined it by saying he was there..

I don't know how that magazine ranked Will Ferrell as the 15th funniest person in snl history, ISIS should go in and shoot that guy for the stupid rankings list. I would put him in the top 3.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
that's a nice story that puts a very good spin on eddy murphy's surprisingly forgetful appearance.

i also didn't know that eddie murphy stayed away from SNL for so many years because of a single joke made by david spade during a 'weekend update' segment (where he said "look children, a falling star" while murphy's image appeared in the background). who knew that eddie murphy was so sensitive.

and it gives norm macdonald some much-needed good attention after bombing (135 out of 141) on rolling stone's all-time ranking of SNL cast members.

Primavera

TRIBE Member
Anyone found a working torrent or stream of the entire SNL 40 special?

Watched a bunch of clips and some crappy youtube ones, would like to see the whole thing.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Eddie Murphy was once edgy and relevant. Now he won't even take a dig at a fucking rapist.

Won't someone think of Bill Cosby's feelings! SMDH.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
havent seen it but how was norm not on weekend update??

also loved him saying they stole the idea from sctv's half wits, if you havent seen it youtube it

hilarious

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
We can play the angles on Eddie Murphy all day. To me, to do it would have carried a lot of hypocrisy given the whole David Spade/25th anniversary fiasco.

I think judging Murphy's decision is meh.

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
the Cosby bit was only 10 seconds long if that, I don't know why people are freaking on Eddy, I think Kenan Thompson does a better Cosby than Murphy anyway