• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sneaks Birthday Beats 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Doc Martin! That's a name I haven't heard in quite a while, he was always so varied and so, so dope. I might come out for him alone!

oeretS

TRIBE Member
Doc doesn't come here nearly enough, this is a good opportunity to check him out. On of my DJ idols for sure

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I spoke to Doc at WMC a few years ago during an event with Tom Middleton, DJ T, Thomas Shumacher and Farina.

I asked him why he stopped playing Toronto as in the industry days he was a regular and here a few times a year. Without getting specific it sounded like politics had alot to do with it and he'd rather avoid the drama.

dabeats

TRIBE Member
Only caught him a couple of times. First was Industry Reunion Summer Magic 04 or 05 I believe. Played a killer set. Then it was at Element back in 2000. Still have the flyer!

Last edited:

oeretS

TRIBE Member
I spoke to Doc at WMC a few years ago during an event with Tom Middleton, DJ T, Thomas Shumacher and Farina.

I asked him why he stopped playing Toronto as in the industry days he was a regular and here a few times a year. Without getting specific it sounded like politics had alot to do with it and he'd rather avoid the drama.
I was at that WMC event with you, Beach Plaza Hotel I think - good times!

he seemed to be getting booked in really wack Toronto venues the past couple of years - I think he played a room in the Guv complex a few times... this will be a proper Doc set and I'm sure some b2b with Sneak is a good possibility.

happy to be playing this one myself too, stoked!

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I think the last time he played it was a weeknight a couple years ago, maybe less. He also played another weeknight before that in the Orange Room.

He was also one of the cancelled casualties during SARS' outbreak.

Rage

TRIBE Member
Hmmm...may make it out to this.

One of my favorite parties ever was the Sneak's Beats at the Steamwhistle Brewery some time ago.

Farina/J-Dub/DC/Sneak all in one room - Peter & Tyrone, LaFlesh & others in the 2nd room. Was nuts.

Whatever happened to LaFlesh? I LOVED when he played Pure Wednesday's @ Limelight.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I was at that WMC event with you, Beach Plaza Hotel I think - good times!

he seemed to be getting booked in really wack Toronto venues the past couple of years - I think he played a room in the Guv complex a few times... this will be a proper Doc set and I'm sure some b2b with Sneak is a good possibility.

happy to be playing this one myself too, stoked!
yeah he mentioned playing the upstairs room at the Guv (parlor or whatever it's called) and seemed kind of meh about it. pretty sure he said that was his last gig in T.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
You mean Lafleche?

Last I checked he was working at Moog Audio in Montreal.
Back in the day he was one of my fav's, I think he's Craig Pettigrew's cousin or something. Him, XL and Marc Anthony destroyed me on a few occassions at Sona

alison87

TRIBE Member
Josh Wink's been on my (very short) DJ bucket list for years. Somehow i always manage to miss him. No doubt i'll find some way to do it again this time round, heh.

JAR

TRIBE Member
Full details will be up tomorrow.

Brand new venue at College & Bathurst with 2 rooms and lots of space...and BIG sound - this is gonna be dope!

oeretS

TRIBE Member
honestly I've been fortunate to play a lot of amazing parties but doc martin undoubtedly formed the sound I play and the vibe I always go for, which is deep and dubby. It's a fuckin ridiculous honour to share a bill with him

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I don't know how many livers I went through during the days of yore spent in the open bar @ Sona. All I know is it was usually a great time.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Status
Not open for further replies.