1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Sneaks B Day Beats 2010

Discussion in 'Roll Calls' started by dabeats, Oct 4, 2010.

1. dabeats

dabeats TRIBE Member

I love this time of year!

Ricardo Villalobos, Phil Weeks, Fries and Bridges and of course the big man himself.

Blaow!

2. octo

octo TRIBE Member

is this going to be at Mansion? what's the deal with that place? is it a properly tuned funktion sound system? is it another douche bag hang out? cause so far the parties i've heard of there seem like wanker fests.

3. G.Cue

G.Cue TRIBE Promoter

It's not Mansion...MAISON. The old OZ - 15 Mercer. The place looks dope, and the Funktion-One Soundsystem is bumpin'. A perfect spot for this year's bday beats. Can't wait!!!

4. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

The Sneak/Villalobos bromance is one of the most bizarre friendships in dance music. Sounds like a neat night.

5. soapy

soapy TRIBE Promoter

I'm really stoked for this! I hope the venue has a lot of space.

6. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

This

and mos def this!

It's gonna be one of those get there early kinda nights, and see it develop and unfold.

7. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

one of my boys who knows says the venue has ample space

8. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Yeah, people bitching and worrying about space and sound and all this stuff... don't come.

It's all about the good music, good company and good vibe and it always has been that way.

We'll be there, obviously. :)

9. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

the space is beautiful with decent sound. this will be part one of my birthday celebration!

10. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

details plz? date, cover, full line up & all that jimmy jazz

11. JOSHB

JOSHB TRIBE Member

Coming up from Brooklyn for this one!

12. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

Phil Weeks is on the bill too.

13. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Fries and Bridges = Hector Moralez and Phil Weeks

14. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

Cool! I didn't know that.

15. soapy

soapy TRIBE Promoter

its going till 5am too. I can't stop thinking about how awesome this is going to be:)

16. desklight

desklight TRIBE Member

They're both from South America, right? Maybe they have that in common... but their styles can't be more different. I think Villalobos is way overhyped whereas Sneak remains relevant

17. The Truth

The Truth TRIBE Member

RA: DJ Sneak: The return of the house gangsta - Interview

18. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Not really - they played together @ Mamaia (Romania) couple of times.

EDIT: just saw the above post...

19. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

I know they've played together, and I get the whole Latin connection, but it is still whack and kind of amazing.

Personally, I am holding out for a Hawtin vs. Hatiras set before I commit to this jam.

20. Mr. Magyar

Mr. Magyar TRIBE Member

It actually makes a lot of sense at the moment. Villalobos has always played lots of house music, even though people associate him with the minimal stuff. I've got old sets of his that are straight up house. Lately, though, every Villalobos set I've heard has been way more house-oriented than minimal-oriented. I know they played Cocoon @ Amnesia last year, which seemed to go off well.

21. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Picked up my ticket yesterday @ Moog, and the guys there say they've been sellin' like hotcakes!

Fresh warm hotcakes, with pure quebec maple syrup. mmmmmm.

22. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

Is that appearance at Element the only time Ricardo has played Toronto?

Know he's done Montreal a bunch of times, but can only think of that one time in this city.

Still on the fence about buying a ticket...

23. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

You should go. It'll be a party and a half.

also - could've sworn he was at Mettle's Perlon night

24. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

cant wait for this!!!!

25. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

Most sets I have from Ricardo are pretty housey, and even when he's on the more minimal tip of things, house tracks find their way in pretty often. Interview he did with RA awhile ago

Basically, you need to drop some house to get the girls dancing again :p