• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Snake deaths may have been murder

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Snake deaths now a murder investigation
Two Canadian boys killed by a python could now be a homicide

Investigations into two young Canadian brothers thought to be strangled by a python has taken a twist, with police now treating it as a possible murder.

Connor Barthe, 7, and brother Noah, 5, were killed while they slept in an apartment above an exotic pet store, but there were no screams.

It comes after the mother of the pair posted hundreds of photos of her boys taken last year, playing in and cleaning her neighbours snake cage.

Police have stepped up their inquiries, but won’t release further details until full post mortem results are known.

Snake experts have also raised questions stating pythons seeking food always bite first.

John Marais from the African Snake Bite Institute said “if it grabs a kid, you’re going to have more than enough time to scream”.

“You can’t be asleep and be bitten by a python and strangled. That’s impossible,” Mr Marais told News Limited. “You’re going to wake up instantly.”

It’s believed the non-poisonous rock python escaped its enclosure and got into the ventilation system, before slithering into the apartment where the boys were sleeping.

from FOX AU
Snake deaths now a murder investigation

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I thought the snake strangulation thing was kind of weird when the story first came out. Rock pythons are from my area of South Africa and they always bite first and hold their prey, then they wrap to constrict. It is known.

I am pretty certain all constricting snakes do this, although I don't have my snake reference book on hand (it is in SA).

acheron

TRIBE Member
yeah no kidding. a mid-sized kid like the two that were killed, would struggle a heck of a lot... that's some pretty fast snakework to grab and strangle two kids without either of them struggling, yelling, crying or trying to get away.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
you gotta think that all the cops had to go on was two strangled kids and a python in the room. Cops are pretty thick sometimes when dealing with unfamiliar situations.

"I'm not sure if I agree with you 100% on your policework there, Lou."

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
yeah no kidding. a mid-sized kid like the two that were killed, would struggle a heck of a lot... that's some pretty fast snakework to grab and strangle two kids without either of them struggling, yelling, crying or trying to get away.
The snake would have had to wrap one kid with each end, simultaneously. This is something that only the CGI snake in Anaconda can do:

[YOUTUBE]zkX5t5ZJLEk[/YOUTUBE]

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
snake's already dead actually! summary conviction and execution. truly unfair if the snake was a patsy.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I may have rushed to judgement on this one. How the hell would a snake suffocate two kids at the same time, or without waking the other first?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories