• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

SNACKING: the good, the bad, and the uglaaay

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i hereby dub thee: the thread where we disucss our favourite snacks!

different from the PMS snack thread, this thread should focus on *healthy* snacks, or at least favourites that are more viable options than dipping butterfingers into a jar of marshmallow whipped topping...

i'll start:

- the new quaker "tortillaz" snacks are wicked. they're very low in fat - and i still feel guilty eating them they taste so good. not "great" as they're high in sodium, but they're excellent if you're feeling the pinch of junk food and don't want to take the plunge into doritoland.

- i've started bringing lemons with me to work. yep. i cut it into segments and put them into my large glass of water, and fill up the glass with a packet of artificial sweetener to taste. it's better than juice or pop, and it's a great way to trick myself into drinking more water throughout the day.

i can't think of anything else at the moment, the floor's all yours ladies :D

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Oh... I am going to be really hated for this (at least at work they always laugh at me and always leave candy, chocolate, etc on my keyboard), but all my snacking consists of fruits, fruit "concocsions". (some fruit mix poured over a banana or whatever) and nuts.
At first, I used to find this very boring, but after a while, when that's all you snack on, you get used to it and you wouldn't want to eat anything else.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
I love Mr. Noodle!

Except for the msg, I don't think it's bad for you, although there's really nothing in it that's GOOD for you either...

Apples are always a good snack too.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i have a bunch of peaches, nectarines, and strawberries i need to eat... i think i'm going to try chopping them up and putting them in some orange juice and making popsicles or something.

:)

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Get all these fruits and mix them in a food processor/blender. Then pour them over granola, or something like that. (you may want to cut the fruit size in half though)... it can taste pretty yummy.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
I buy mixed unsalted nuts (almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cashews and hazel nuts) mixed with dried currants, in bulk. I leave the bag in my desk drawer and snack on it all day.

My favourite snack at home is cut up apple, banana & orange covered in yogurt, sprinkled with my organic Flax granola.

I loooove these organic Rosemary flavoured chips that I get from Loblaws... they're very very low in fat, and supposedly kinda healthy (except for the salt part).

I also like taking Carr's water crackers, putting some tuna on top of them and a little bit of shredded cheese, and toasting them in the toaster oven.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
I
I also like taking Carr's water crackers, putting some tuna on top of them and a little bit of shredded cheese, and toasting them in the toaster oven.
that sounds REALLY yummy.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
what about a wheel of brie and a bagette? Does that count as a good snack? :D

Nothing like the 'wheel-a-day' diet.

kmac

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
fruit "concocsions". (some fruit mix poured over a banana or whatever) and nuts.

Concoctions? Yeah, stuff like that is great. I usually have vanilla yogurt and blackberries.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Yeah... I was typing that word and then the more I looked at it, the more it became confusing and I was too lazy to do a spell check - the shame! LOL

I love watching Dr. Phil, but I don't admit it to anyone. ;)

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
I loooove these organic Rosemary flavoured chips that I get from Loblaws... they're very very low in fat, and supposedly kinda healthy (except for the salt part).

these are awesome. President's Choice Olive Oil and Rosemary chips.

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
generally snacks are either some variety of salt free nuts or seeds (pumpkin or sunflower) or homemade popcorn.
the latter i make in a pot with olive and oil and everyone who has tasted it lurves it.
also, rice crackers and hummous... though sometimes just plain rice crackers.

however, if we're talking pot munchies.... um.... all i can say is :eek:

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
Apple wedges with either cheddar cheese or some peanut butter on them are always good in my books. There's fat in the cheese or pb, but it's tasty and still relatively healthy.

sugar

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:
- i've started bringing lemons with me to work. yep. i cut it into segments and put them into my large glass of water, and fill up the glass with a packet of artificial sweetener to taste. it's better than juice or pop, and it's a great way to trick myself into drinking more water throughout the day.

I do this at restaurants and at home sometimes.

I'm not a huge snacker. I'm more into full meals. When I do snack, it's usually plain almonds, triscuits, swiss cheese crackers (so bad for you though), or a few chocolate chips. Apples cut up and eaten with cheddar are really good too.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
smokeyeyes said:
these are awesome. President's Choice Olive Oil and Rosemary chips.

They are not President's Choice. Definitely.

They're in the organic/whole foods section, and they're made by a company that has a person's name in it. They only have two other kinds of chips, and I think one of them is white cheddar.

Especially cause President's Choice chips are NOT the healthiest.

P.S. I hated those Terra chips. They weren't very crispy, and it tasted like I was eating chunks of dirt.

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
Hommus with Ryvita crackers or a whole wheat pita
A variety of cheeses with Green Grapes
Crackers with goats cheese and sundried tomatoes
Pineapple, strawberries and green grapes (my favourite fruit salad mix)
Dill Pickles
Raspberries with frozen yogurt
Baked tortialla chips with salsa
Tzakiki dip with veggies
Mango slices
Cottage cheese with fruit
Granola with low fat vanilla yogurt and berries
Mixed nuts with raisins and a few m&ms thrown in
Toasted English muffin with cashew butter or peanut butter

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
a person's name in it.
speaking of names on products... every week-end when I go to Whole Foods, I always get a kick out of the name Wolfgang Puck (the canned soups).
Not only that, but he also put a picture of himself on the can.

cabbagetowngirl

TRIBE Member
These aren't considered snacks, but when PMSing (such as now), I overdose on Timmy's coffee. I had 3 (three) large triple triples before noon!!!

Now, I am gong pee every 10 mins, and I'm ready to climb the fucking walls!!!

Damn you PMS.