• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

smoking in calgary

bitchass

TRIBE Member
yeah it sucks - full smoking ban doesn't come into effect until Jan 1 2008. Haven't been able to smoke on patios since 2003 though, which is fucking retarded.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lush191

TRIBE Member
i heard that the reason you can't smoke on patios(but can indoors) is b/c the city feels that minors walking by might see you smoking if your on a patio-making them more inclined to want to start, whereas if you are indoors they will not be subjected to seeing that....
messed up!

smack

TRIBE Member
lush191 said:
i heard that the reason you can't smoke on patios(but can indoors) is b/c the city feels that minors walking by might see you smoking if your on a patio-making them more inclined to want to start, whereas if you are indoors they will not be subjected to seeing that....
messed up!

Yep. Redneck logic for ya.

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
lush191 said:
messed up!

Haha thats redonkeylous!

trickynicky

TRIBE Member
everyone here thinks its ridiculous that you can smoke in the bar but not on the patio....apparently the reason we have to wait for a full ban is because the govt first made the rule you had to have a separate ventilation area for smoking sections so all these restaurants did expensive renovations. they say it's not fair to suddenly tell them - too bad, you have to be no smoking. :confused: