• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Smoking fine on the TTC

d.code

TRIBE Member
$170!

Someone tried to warn me but the officer made it to me first.

Im going to plead guilty and hopefully get a slap on the wrist.

Im totally disgusting for smoking in people's personal area.

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
Plead guilty and tell them you're a poor student and didnt know it was a non smoking area (i'm assuming you were smoking on a outdoor platform, not a bus or train or indoor platform). I plead guilty for riding the go train with no ticket, (couldnt find it in my bag) and I said I was a student fien reduced to $0.

d.code

TRIBE Member
No i was totally smoking in the actual subway car.*

*not really.

That whats the officer told me. Im a security guard too and we ended up having a good little chat about how much our jobs suck sometimes when you have to do things like this.

d.code

TRIBE Member
Kipling station waiting for the 191.. it was the first smoke of the day too! It was a good 4-5 hours coming- I got 2 nice drags out of it before I threw it.

T

TRIBE Member
that happened to me once at Wilson Station during high school.

I refused to give him any of my personal information, and decided to walk away. since hes not allowed to restrain you, he just watched me walk away..

perhaps things have changed since then in terms of how much power ttc "security" have.

ila

TRIBE Member
oh wow. I didn't even know you weren't allowed to smoke on the platform anymore. I see people doing it at Kipling all the time.

not that I smoke now, but if I ever decide to start again, I'll keep this in mind.

go to court and get it reduced. it was an honest mistake, obviously.

d.code

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mr tall
a security guard fined you ?

how about NO.
TTC Special Constibles are not security guards. They are for the most part cops who want to get some over time pay.

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
I was on the subway when some little thugged out teen was smoking on the subway car..it was rush hour!! Naturally everyone starts looking at each other with a "Wtf? What's burning?" And I look over by the doors and this little fucknut was smoking...so at the next stop I got up to get rid of the smoke, but this (and I love this) absaloutly gorgeous woman walks up to him, smacks it outta his hand, tells him to "grow up" and leaves the train.

I pointed and laughed at him.
Still, feelings of rolling the kid up in cinnamon and throwing him through the window of a ceiling fan store come to mind.

chooch

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by d.code
Kipling station waiting for the 191.. it was the first smoke of the day too! It was a good 4-5 hours coming- I got 2 nice drags out of it before I threw it.
hrmp, i was at Dundas West waiting outside where the busses are and got the ticket. they gave me hell. still haven't paid the freakin' thing. mine was for 155 bones. sucks.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lil'Timmy
I was on the subway when some little thugged out teen was smoking on the subway car..it was rush hour!! Naturally everyone starts looking at each other with a "Wtf? What's burning?" And I look over by the doors and this little fucknut was smoking...so at the next stop I got up to get rid of the smoke, but this (and I love this) absaloutly gorgeous woman walks up to him, smacks it outta his hand, tells him to "grow up" and leaves the train.

I pointed and laughed at him.
Still, feelings of rolling the kid up in cinnamon and throwing him through the window of a ceiling fan store come to mind.
Probably the same guy I saw.

The car was stopped and the driver walked all through looking for this guy. What a fucker.

d.code

TRIBE Member
New Years eve 19XX (cant remember) Im on the the train at around 11:50. Get on a train heading to my party destination. The car is empty except for me and at the other end is about 10 big black guys. They march over to me and Im thinkin' "Oh great. NYE muggings!". The ask me if I like to smoke weed, and I say yes, then was about to follow that up with "But I dont have any weed"- when they pull out this HUGE joint at light it up. They give me shotgun- just intime as we pulled into my stop.

Kind of cool.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I like how people think blacks will mug you when in reality, they just want people to smoke with.

How festive.

And d.code, smoking at Kipling Station? And you want to contest that? That's as stupid as me leaving money in an ATM and walking away.
What did you think would happen? Who smokes on a TTC platform when it's clearly indoors? That's like smoking in the Chanel store and thinking no one's gonna notice. Come on.

billy

TRIBE Member
well good on ya for taking the fine and not making a big deal out of it to the ttc cop/security guard. i remember watching a guy get caught for smoking on the streetcar/bus level at bathurst. he refused to take them seriously. he tossed the ticket on the ground and started to walk away. they asked him to stop but he didn't. so they wrestle him to the ground and call the cops. little did he know that they CAN do that.

it made me change my mind about smoking at open air stations.

billy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kmac
That seems just a little excessive.
i tried to keep the story fairly simple. this guy was getting agressive before that happened. he was completely disrespecting their authority. they didn't just snap and throw him on the ground. they tried every other option first. generally i am against that kind of action, but i watched the whole thing and these TTC cops did everything by the book.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by d.code
$170!

Someone tried to warn me but the officer made it to me first.

Im going to plead guilty and hopefully get a slap on the wrist.

Im totally disgusting for smoking in people's personal area.
I wish it was $1700 assfuck.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by futronic
Well, no smoking on TTC property *is* TTC By-law #1. No surprise that you got the ticket.

-- Jay aka Fut
And who knew that expectorating= spitting? I think the average subway platform spitter probably doesn't.