• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

SLXN w Chase & Status....Liquid What????

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Wow, that was a disappointment.

I have mad respect for Gunns and Marcus, as do I for Chase & Status not only for their phenomenal producing skills (ie. Druids Ep), but also their excellent Dj capabilities, but this night is called SLXN: Liquid Funk...not SLXN: Top 40 Jungle, Wobble, Tech Step. I was expecting SOME Top 40 Jungle since C&S are the latest and greatest in the scene, but man, the only liquid I heard was from 2:15am-2:30am and some of Marcus' Dub Rock sound and a couple of Gunns' tunes (which were great). The rest was FAR from it. The SLXN w Marcus Intalex was the best dnb night of the year (so far), imo, and Calibre was great as well. Please stick with the genre or just call this a plain old Theory Top 40 Jungle Extravaganza and add SS, Fresh, Clipz and all the other usual suspects to the bill.

I still have high hopes for the AI show, but I would have rather just stayed in tonight and saved the money.

Dan

Last edited:
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

fuzzy

TRIBE Member
--[Zirca]-- said:
Wow, that was a disappointment.

I have mad respect for Gunns and Marcus, as do I for Chase & Status not only for their phenomenal producing skills (ie. Druids Ep), but also their excellent Dj capabilities, but this night is called SLXN: Liquid Funk...not SLXN: Top 40 Jungle, Wobble, Tech Step. I was expecting SOME Top 40 Jungle since C&S are the latest and greatest in the scene, but man, the only liquid I heard was from 2:15am-2:30am and some of Marcus' Dub Rock sound and a couple of Gunns' tunes (which were great). The rest was FAR from it. The SLXN w Marcus Intalex was the best dnb night of the year (so far), imo, and Calibre was great as well. Please stick with the genre or just call this a plain old Theory Top 40 Jungle Extravaganza and add SS, Fresh, Clipz and all the other usual suspects to the bill.

I still have high hopes for the AI show, but I would have rather just stayed in tonight and saved the money.

Dan

I had a wicked time and it seemed that the majority of the crowd was brocking out with big smiles on their faces
To me it just felt like they were playing to the crowd

I guess I just had no expectations, so there was nothing to complain about

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
did someone say tech step!!...man, how can dnb rise above it's scrupulous classificatons?...MIX THAT SHIT UP!!!...we're all grown's up...we can take it:D

I wasn't there, just saying...

Richard,you fag...why didn't you call me for this!?;)

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Chase and Status played a wicked set, don't get me wrong, but this night is meant to be a liquid funk night and that's what I was expecting to hear, not wobble, tech and all the other heavy stuff. Collectively there were probably a dozen or so liquid tracks b/n the three of them played for the night. It should have been a normal theory night, not SLXN.

I completely agree with mixing up genres within sets, I do it regularly, but if I'm playing a Liquid Funk set for a Liquid Funk night, the majority will be Liquid Funk. My expectation, as where many others, was to hear liquid. I was disappointed that I didn't, but my post is by no means bashing the night.

Dan

fuzzy

TRIBE Member
terrawrist III said:
did someone say tech step!!...man, how can dnb rise above it's scrupulous classificatons?...MIX THAT SHIT UP!!!...we're all grown's up...we can take it:D

I wasn't there, just saying...

Richard,you fag...why didn't you call me for this!?;)

Texts were sent...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders