1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Slow Rogers connection.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by JamesM, Sep 30, 2010.

1. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

christ, Anyone else noticing on cable? I can't even load a webpage and stream a radio station for the past week.

I'm thinking (conspiracy theory) some punks moved in next door and all they do is torrent on their ultra band connection thus throttling mine. I can't see there being any virus on our PC. I monitor the network activity.

any quick ideas? I should just call rogers. the end.

2. Phat Buddha

Phat Buddha TRIBE Member

reset your modem/router. unplug it for a minute... then plug it back in and turn it on.

3. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

My stupid router does that. It constricts my bandwidth for some reason, and I have to reset it, and then everything is back to normal. I disabled Upnp on it and now it hasn't done it since (3 days).

It may be your router.

4. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

I had the same problem.

I would do the old modem/router reboot and it would be ok for a bit then just kept getting progressively worse as the days went on.

In the end it turned out my modem was almost dead. They brought me a new one and I was back in business.

5. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Also, I've never used a computer before. thanks!

haha. Wait, I'm talking to rogers already.

har har har.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  6. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

sorry for being mean. It's just really annoying.

7. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

i think you should sexually violate the router

8. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

didn't work.

9. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

try the other hole