• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

sleep advice

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Okay for the last few days I've been working through the night. After having been on vacation for the last week my entire sleep schedule is completely messed up. Unfortunately tomorrow I have to go into work early in the morning and then leave for the afternoon to go back for the entire evening.

I'm at the point now where I'm just tired and I can't sleep, I can't eat, I feel like I'm in a permenate state of jet lag.

So I need some tribe help. either in the form of cute little pills that let me sleep whenever the hell I choose. or some tips on how to get my head straight again, cause I'm starting to see shit.

Caz

TRIBE Member
dude, this is the story of my life. I work on individual projects at a time, so I'm constantly going from 60 hour work weeks, to sleeping all week the next.

The only thing I've found that works, is getting to bed nice and early. I know that that usually does'nt work in this situation, and I know this is not the answer, but I usually have a few drinks on the night I need to get to bed early. I dont mean drink till you pass out, because that would render you helpless on said work day, just have a couple of drinks to tire you out. Also, I read for about two hours while having a couple beers or something, and BOOM! out.

also, If you smoke weed, have a morning session on the day you wanna go to bed early. By 930-10pm, you'll be ready to sleep

drinks and a sliff I think are better for you than forcing sleep with pills. I would think so, anyway:)

Torso

TRIBE Member
St. John's Wort. I get anxious thinking about all the things I have to do. This stuff helps calm me down and fall into sleep.

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
I've never had problems falling asleep... just give me a pillow...and I’m out.
My doctor told me that, this is because I have naturally low blood pressure.

I wonder if... there are ways of dropping your blood pressure temporarily... to help you sleep...?
:confused:
The only time I've had problems sleeping is when I was really stressed out... and I couldn't relax. For those time I used Valerian syrup. It worked for me.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Torso

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Agatka8

I wonder if... there are ways of dropping your blood pressure temporarily... to help you sleep...?
:confused:
Valerian syrup...?
Actually, I believe fish oil, namely omega-3 fatty acids, has an effect on blood pressure. It is known to reduce the risk of sudden death from heart disease, and is effective in lowering lipid profiles... however, it may only be effective in subjects who are at greater risk.
Again, I suggest St. John's Wort.

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Torso
Actually, I believe fish oil, namely omega-3 fatty acids, has an effect on blood pressure. It is known to reduce the risk of sudden death from heart disease, and is effective in lowering lipid profiles... however, it may only be effective in subjects who are at greater risk.
Again, I suggest St. John's Wort.
Oh...you know I actually take 1000mg of fish oil everyday... so maybe it does work.
I've been taking this stuff forever.... since I was little.
I wouldn't eat fish as a kid... so my parents made me take fish oil everyday.

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chooch
yep...tastes like crap...works like a charm.
oh... I got this sweet one. It tastes great... but it's imported from PL... you can only get at the delicatessens. It's called Neospasmina.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Agatka8
Valerian syrup. It worked for me.
I think Valerian extract in a pill form would be better.

More importantly, you need to program your internal clock. None of the above mentioned naturopathic remedies will guarantee any kind of sleep. It's more of a placebo and the results (if any) are very minimal. Valerian root and extract have to be taken on a regular basis in conjunction with a regular sleeping schedule. Even if you go home and take a nap every day after work, as long as you're always sleeping and getting up at the same time, your internal clock will program itself.

Eventually, it'll become such a routine that you'll find yourself getting up without an alarm.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit