• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Slave To The Square Wave

Dr Trance

TRIBE Member
I have been highly impressed over the past few months by a demo CD of a Toronto band called Slave To The Square Wave, who will be showcasing this CD this Saturday night at The Elmo.

How is this relatable to Tribers?

Well, first off, I see that many of you have wide and varied musical interests. Secondly, this band has an electronic base, even though they are a full band with guitars, drums, etc.

And lastly, IMO, they are a great band with superb songs that are well crafted and lyrically a step ahead of most rock/pop pablum.

Anyway, I want to recommend their shows this Saturday at The Elmo. I have read somewhere that they are great live, but even if they only are half as good as their recorded material, I have a feeling it will be well worth everyone's while to pack the place and show support for a local and talented band.

And everyone through the doors gets a copy of their debut CD, 12 Top Hits.

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
Interesting... how expensive is booze at the Elmo? I feel the need to get raging drunk this Sat and spend a minimal amount of funds doing it.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
AgentSanchez said:
Interesting... how expensive is booze at the Elmo? I feel the need to get raging drunk this Sat and spend a minimal amount of funds doing it.
or, maybe you just need to get drunk, in order to have a good time.

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
I agree Don, STTSW are fab.
I love myspace sometimes for the reason of exposure to good fresh music like these guys.

This sat? Maybe I will stay in TO and check them out after Massenburg.

Mg

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Interesting. I trust your taste in music Don, and I'm kinda itching to get out of the house. I may attend. Show time?

Cheers,
J<