• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

slam and gaetano parisio at tonic

patri©k

TRIBE Member
so yeah.. I was at Tonic.. now I'm home, getting supplies and going back !

seen adam, big bald badguy..lol... and vench.. yet no talking to him.. real red... getting micky of rum.. more skleevage to smoke... going back...

Slam was on.. started with mellow funky house.. built into more techy.. was nice and techy when i left half hour ago... even though it closes at three... im goin back... why ? i dunnoo.....

bored... need techno...

HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

fattyp©2002

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
thanks for the update!!

be sure to tell us the play by play plot of tonights transpirings, including all bowel movements

lol

G

Whatever. Move over Jay.

fattyp is my new favorite poster.

*just learning how to spell his name right*

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JayIsBored
thanks for the update!!

be sure to tell us the play by play plot of tonights transpirings, including all bowel movements

lol
bwahaha...oh Jay!

~L

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
this was not a bitch at his 'useless' post (lord knows i do it well) but more of a tie-in to his jason x movie review

fattyp amuses all :)

patri©k

TRIBE Member
LOL

Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
fattysiskelp rawks the muthafuggin JOINT y'all!

BBB.

MURDER DEATH KILL! :D

lol... that's some funny ASS SHIT ! I just got home and its late... or early.... or whatever.

GUY... gaetano tunred lol... tunred.. i meant to say turned... into an animal ! HE HAD ME RUSHING FOR LIKE 20 MINUTES.... but then he played this song that kinda blew. lost my buzz... after that... my vibe came and went.

.... i could've used seeing those dirt bikes zooming around gaetek in a steel ball :D

MURDER DEATH KILL ! or even some fire breathing puppets !

the ladies inside the venue were very sexy tonight !

I FINALLY got to put a face to the name VENCH.... and sorry about the short/abrubt conversation chris.. but i was stoned and confused ! the techno was eating away my ..... well yeah, it was loud.

BBB.... lol.. sorry aboot speniding my money before you wanted that beer.. ;) next time.

slam was hype... well worth the two trips.

thanks again Stretch&Hooker for the hook ups.

@M.... what was the name of that track you loved so much ? Sandstorm ?

i gotta go to bed.

fattyp©2002

G

Originally posted by JayIsBored
this was not a bitch at his 'useless' post (lord knows i do it well) but more of a tie-in to his jason x movie review
Ok then, you're still my favorite poster. Hug and make up?

Nesta

TRIBE Member
well, let's see...

the bad:

got there close to eleven to find an empty booth and a cd playing.
what the fuck is that? pure bullshit! i could have done that at home. it's sad as far as i'm concerned, cuz i know at least 10 djs that would have played for free. to top it all off, some dude kept starting the same cd over and over again. i heard saint and sinners' 'pushin too hard' like 3 times.

the crowd was very thin. come on people, this is slam and gaetano on the same night. i understand a lot of peeps are probably studying for exams, but there should have been way more heads out. do the promoters even do their job? did anybody see a flyer? flyers should be out weeks before the event, not 1 week. it really pisses me off.

the good:

met vench, big bad baldy, jay rev, and many others...bumped into @m, par-t, chickpea, and a few others...nice to see and meet y'all.

the music was very good. i'm pretty sure it was orde who started off (he is one tall ass fucker) with some bumping house and driving tech house. he played some crazy remix of 'house nation'. i didn't get a chance to hear gaetano cuz i took off.

Last edited:

SpazGirl

TRIBE Member
WOW
hard techno!! never got off the dance floor! Except to kiss cutie bartender!
Happy to party with ya BBB, Par-T, Time, Louisa, Simon & @m. Nice to see ya again Jay - where's Sally??. I was so hyper last night - & the wine BBB was feeding me was great!! Thanks, baby!

I would definitely see SLAM again! & Gaetano - much harder than last week at Element! Loved the tracks.

CD's playing?? wha tha f--k?? They should have gotten another DJ in to open.

Thanks for walking me home BBB - Hope you made it OK! My legs are jelly today. Damn & I want to go to Element tonight!

SpazGirl

Joker FX Cha

TRIBE Member
^^^^ Ahhh for the love of peace, you met me too!!! Geesss.

Lets see now a review....... hummm... I wasn't PAY'N attention.

Who would think that someone fuc'n around in the both could make for such unhappiness. "Yes that's the effects button, get a DJM-500 play with it at home." *rolling eyes* W, not really that big of a deal. I remember Rob: "Hey, you hear that, it's the first record being played."

As for the rest of the music, "mehh" I can't really say, wouldn't be fair. Like I said I wasn't pay'n attention.

Good see'n everyone.

Kenny you're a goof... I mean Good guy. LOL

Steve, Ctrl+c and then Ctrl+v. You'll learn, pfft.

JanIce, Muuaahh! sorry I left you, cuz I really wanted the records, tee hee.

Chris, Manny, AA, Tom, on and on.

Mehh!
:p-air

ElektroTekBabe

TRIBE Member
Re: LOL

Originally posted by fattyp

@M.... what was the name of that track you loved so much ? Sandstorm ?

fattyp©2002
[/QUOTE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahaaaaaaa.............@m, you never told me you have a passion for cheesy-club-trance music. Wow, the things your learn after a long time! :p

Slam played house? Glad I didn't go!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Suke

TRIBE Member
Shazz yo ... good thing I passed this one by like the Pharcyde

When I think of fairytales I think of meeting Shelly ===================> Suke.

Dark-Rave

TRIBE Member

the techno was eating away my ..... well yeah, it was loud. fattyp©2002
best quote ive heard today! thanks. it really made me giggle :D

luv and laffs,

pen

SpazGirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Joker FX Cha
^^^^ Ahhh for the love of peace, you met me too!!! Geesss.

:p-air
SORRY!!! I met a few people last night & can't remember any names!! I blame it on the wine!

SpazGirl

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
YOU SAID IT WAS MY COMPANY THAT WAS INTOXICATING! :mad:

..:p

Well. Rolled to Tonic for the 11:30 cut-off (thanks again, S&H!) to find a pretty sparse crowd and, as already mentioned, CDs spinning. Shitty CDs. Stood around chatting with swell peeps and oogling Kenny.

SLAM started up, and I was eagerly anticipating a serious throwdown.. which didn't really materialize for about 45 minutes. By this time, the crowd had swelled somewhat, [technosnob] and I was pleased to see it was nowhere near being the typical Tonic crowd.[/techno snob] I love that remix of House Nation (which @m informed me is Mark Scaife's), Gaetano dropped it on Thursday at Element too. There were some moments last night that reminded me of how I used to like my techno served to me when I first got into it. Steaming and in your face. Then there were moments where opportunities (IMO, as a non-jock) to take the set to another level were completely ignored. I liked the second half of SLAM better than the first (I don't know which is which), but have to say I was NOT blown away. I enjoyed myself, as anyone who caught my flailing feet in their shins will testify, but not blown away.

Then Gaetano came up and really did throw it even heavier for a bit.. then did his usual wonky EQing which sometimes was on point, sometimes detracted from the mood. By this time my legs were killing me, it was going on 3 and it was time to go home. Been dancing a lot lately, so I didn't feel the need to overdo it last night.

For me, last night was MADE by the people around me. In the past few years a lot of my friends who party have dropped by the wayside, leaving me to go out alone for a long stretch of time. Last night really reinforced to me how much fun it is to hang with a good crew, share some laughs, drinks and dancing.

Really good to meet Mr. Maple himself Nesta, Simon (you're nuts!), girl friday and chickpea (albeit very briefly), Gerald, eco.R1 and I think that was it for new faces.

Shout-outs to fattyp (at that point the drink was a pipedream), Louisa, Par-T (dude, you tear the floor a new asshole! Luv it!), Kenny (even though you don't lurk here (riiight), and my main man @m (We'll have fighting wolverines.. NO we'll wrestle crocodiles, and then bite the heads off like Ozzy!), and SuperFireCrackerSpazGirl (you really are something else, I'm so glad I met you.. no problem on the walk home, although I did end up eating two Hasty Market sandwiches at 4 in the morning :D ). Apologies to anyone I've forgotten, you know what it's like.

BBB.

That is, as they say, all.

Last edited:

vench

TRIBE Promoter

I FINALLY got to put a face to the name VENCH.... and sorry about the short/abrubt conversation chris.. but i was stoned and confused ! the techno was eating away my ..... well yeah, it was loud.

fattyp©2002
nice to finally meet you Patrick. no worries 'bout the short conversation, I was trying to get some promos from the Soma guys so it's all good. Next time though.....session?

vench

patri©k

TRIBE Member
~blah~

so... I've just woken up off the couch... and I feel like a bag of death !

.... my eyes are all crusty... mouth feels like I was sucking on a gluestick while I was sleeping and it feels like there is a porcupine doing a backspin on my brain !

no more solo-blunts before beddybyes !

Vench... you better have gotten some promos :D

NEXT STOP... MATEO MURPHY ON FRIDAY !

then... it's THOMAS KROME ! tee-hee. I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl with a giant dildo in her napsack !

back to bed i go !

fattyp©2002

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Re: ~blah~

then... it's THOMAS KROME ! tee-hee. I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl with a giant dildo in her napsack !
*twilight zone theme*
i siad exactly the smae thing in the thomas krone upcoming events thread (except for the giant dildo part) :D