• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Slacker - Looky Thing

Cameron

TRIBE Member
Slick track, but does anyone know if there is going to be a dub? Can't handle mr. I wanna know, just how you feel...i'm so trippy

anyone, anyone?

Lexicon

TRIBE Member
Looky Thing.....

My copy doesn't have dub, not sure about final release though.
Agreed. Nasty, nasty track.

RyanMarcus

TRIBE Member
looky thing

No, my copy, which is no doubt the same as Lexicons', has no dub either. Unless you count the acapella thingie where the vocal is twisted beyond recognition -- but that has no beats, so it isn't as good as it might sound...

I kinda like the vocal though -- it's very minimal, so it doesn't bother me, even though I'm going through a sort of anti-vocal phase right now...

Lexicon, does your cut sound a little muddy? It might be just my monitors (for some stoopid reason I didn't play it out last weekend on a real system, and my monitors are quite shitty), but the bottom end seems under-produced or unclear or something.
Ah yes, and how would my partner and I get a slot on your radio show?

Regardless, "Looky Thing" kicks ass, and I'm looking forward to hearing Slacker at the KoolHaus next month too...

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Lexicon

TRIBE Member
Cameron: Anytime. That jingles & bells breakdown is mad.

RyanMarcus: Just took a listen again, my copy seems pretty okay. Not muddy or whatsoever... hmmm.... :/
As for the radio show, hit me up with an email (aaron-k@thevoids.com), I'll hook u & your partner up with a guest slot. ;)

RyanMarcus

TRIBE Member
paging Lexicon

RyanMarcus: Just took a listen again, my copy seems pretty okay. Not muddy or whatsoever... hmmm.... :/
As for the radio show, hit me up with an email (aaron-k@thevoids.com), I'll hook u & your partner up with a guest slot. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh! Time for some niew monitors then it seems...

The guest slot would be great. I'll hook you up that email later today. If you're interested, I think my partner posted our latest demo on audiogalaxy. To find it, if you want it, we are called Vagrant, and the set opens with Kelli Ali's "Kids". Talk to you soon.