• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Skyrim thread

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
Is the dmg that much different? I like one/two hitting with the big hammer.
yea think the swords do a bit more. You'd have to look it up.

The one thing the hammers do better is with the perks: ignore armor rating. Where as with the great swords, you get extra bleeding damage.

Plus i find the unique 2 handed swords to be much more interesting than the others. You find a pretty sweet ass one that shoots freaking laser beams by doing a quest in the DLC area (if you have dragonborn addon). Although a crafted daedric greatsword will be better.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Greatswords are Crit
Great Axes are bleeding
Hammers ignore armor -I've already put some points into ignore 25% armor I think

We'll see how much I like this later maybe i'll replay as a thief or something. Seems like the only thing to do is get caught stealing.

I'm bumping into mages now and those guys suck I can't get close to them while they fry me. Getting used to rushing them but stamina's always pretty low.

Also heavy Armor + Two handed Hammer = NO room in my bag.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
fack. I just want to fire up the ps3 and walk around a beautiful map. Non linear story line, awesome map. Shoot a deer, get killed by a dragon, back to a waterfalls. Skyrim was great as I stumbled on missions.

Dear video gammers. Is there something like that out there. Fallout 3? Some other game where the world / map over whelmeles and the imagination is in full effect?

Is fall out and skyrim same idea / programers?

djfear

TRIBE Member
I was playing this on my old GTX260 w/ 4GB of ram and um... a P5Q-E motherboard, based on the LGA755 architecture. I don't remember which CPU it was, but I know it was a dual core 3.2Ghz or something of the sort.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Got this game with my XBOX 360 3 years ago and only put in about 15 minutes. I got frustrated pretty early and just thought it was going to be too hard. Looks like I should fire this back up????

djfear

TRIBE Member
I think I put over 100 hours into skyrim. It's one of those games where you can just walk around and admire the beauty of everything and just do random quests. I would definitely recommend playing it, but you need to put aside a bit of time each week for it.

I typically play in the winter months when there's an excuse to stay inside.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I think I put over 100 hours into skyrim. It's one of those games where you can just walk around and admire the beauty of everything and just do random quests. I would definitely recommend playing it, but you need to put aside a bit of time each week for it.

I typically play in the winter months when there's an excuse to stay inside.
Ok - I'll fire this back up this weekend. If I need any tips, I'll post my questions here. Looking forward to it.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I guess IM still going to buy the ps4 version. The built in mods will be fun to see. Wish Sony would let full mod support. I still dont understand the hold up.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I got the new version and it looks good. I havent installed any mods yet. (ps4) still waiting to hear which ones are the must haves.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
smooth for me. Ive been playing on the ps3 for a long while so the sony lay out is all I know.

Have you installed any mods?

djfear

TRIBE Member
smooth for me. Ive been playing on the ps3 for a long while so the sony lay out is all I know.

Have you installed any mods?
I haven't touched it in a while, but I'm going to grab the legendary edition and play it from the beginning. Now that I'm in 2016 with respects to hardware and internet speeds (250Gbps u/d unlimited) the possibilities are pretty endless.

djfear

TRIBE Member
I haven't touched it in a while, but I'm going to grab the legendary edition and play it from the beginning. Now that I'm in 2016 with respects to hardware and internet speeds (250Gbps u/d unlimited) the possibilities are pretty endless.
*Mbps

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I have installed a ring that increases my carrying weight and a mod that gives the merchants much more gold. Thats it.

Im PS4 and the mods I would install are only being offered on Xbone and PC. Screw you Sony.

I would like to get better environment textures and better weather and more interesting followers.

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
Man, I just might re-install this.
It's been a looong time and I didn't bother with the remakes or later DLCs etc, so it'd almost be like starting anew.