• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Skyrim thread

I went with fire and it was a mistake of inexperience - my next Ebony bow (or whatever I find that's better) will probably go with frost or lightning to fuck up magic users.

Archery now 100, Enchantment is high 60's.

With smithing, is it like lockpicking, where you'll get more experience for using metals that are outside of your specialty? I've only got Elven Smithing so far, but I'm trying to get it to 60 for the ability to improve magical items.

Also, pickpocketing - any tips on how to level up fast? I'm about mid 40's right now

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
^No, just spam iron daggers and leather strips for maximum cost/benefit.

Then keep all that shit somewhere and use weak gems to enchant all of the shit you made.

Will build up smithing and enchantment in no time.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
i havent played my console since i started playing SWTOR, but i dusted off the controllers, and charged em up, and my lv 43 Skyrim character is going to get some love soon ! as well as a few other games i have been neglecting, alas it is for PS3 so i dont get the xpac yet.

should i finish the game before downloading when it comes out?

acheron

TRIBE Member
My last save (level 47) was just before the final battle. I just suspended that and went off and you talk to the first guard you come to - he mentions Dawnguard and boom the quest starts.

It's pretty fun so far, I chose the Vampire Lord track. I might go in again and try the Dawngard track afterward and see how much fun that is.

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
I made sure to save my game before accepting Harkon's gift. Just in case I can't get back to wolfie after the quest line is done.

acheron

TRIBE Member
lots of fun. as some reviewers have mentioned elsewhere they've done a really nice job of integrating the pack into the game world, such that you don't feel like you're just going off into a corner somewhere, off-world, doing stuff and then coming back to the world when it's done, like the Fallout DLC were. This is more of an expansion of the game - new abilities, weapons and skill trees are added in addition to the missions. Well worth it.

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
I do like the dragonbone weapons as well. I would like to see more differing types of smithing added as DLCs drop.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
just loaded up the new update. Im going to log some hours on this bad boy. I still love this game.

BTW, is there any other games coming out that have a similar feel? Non linear story lines, with a free roaming world.
It seems to be my comfort zone for games.

thanks

greginhali

TRIBE Member

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
i take it these mods are for the PC version of the game?

Skyrim is still my favorite game of all time, but i only played it on the ps3. I guess with all this other content i might have to load it up onto a PC. I dont have a gaming rig, but this might push me in that direction. pretty awesome.
i've been playing the crap out of the game for the past month on the 360 again.

I love glitching and getting all the "Secret" chests lying around the world.

dawnstar and markarth have "hidden chests" for all the kajit caravans that are on the outskirts of those cities.
In whiterun you've gotta jump outside of the wall and make your way around to the skyforge and glitch through the rocks. You can access the hidden chest that way and rape it for loot and sell it right back to the guy.

it sucks that they took out the infinite speech loop out of the guy in the meadery in riften. Now leveling up speech is hard.

With that said, it's still easy to abuse restore restoration potions w/ fortify smithing/enchanting to boost up levels quick if you have the materials to do it.

if you have shadowmere as your horse, you can still abuse the shit out of that poor fucker with your destruction spells to level up destruction magic. Although it's a bit of a time consuming process but it still works.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
^No, just spam iron daggers and leather strips for maximum cost/benefit.

Then keep all that shit somewhere and use weak gems to enchant all of the shit you made.

Will build up smithing and enchantment in no time.
shame that they changed all of this since you made that post in 2012.

Now the best way to level up smithing is to make shit based on the cost of the item. Without doing the potion exploit, the easiest way to do this is to go to the halted stream camp directly north of whiterun. Get all the iron ore and the transmute spell (only place in the game to get it).

Transmute all that ore to gold ore. Smelt it, and make gold items.
It's the quickest way to level up smithing from the start of the game.

you can still pickpocket gold from trainers. But it's tough. My pickpocket is at 50+, have +25% chance boots (upgraded thieves guild boots) and a +15% chance amulet and 3/5 of the base pickpocketing perk, and the get gold easier perk.... i STILL cant pull my 8 grand back from a trainer. Annoying..