• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Skyrim thread

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
What are the daedric artifacts? I couldn't imagine having the time to spend to do a second run through this game.

I'm around level 44 right now. Going to have a solid Friday night with it though. :)

Daedric Artifacts (Skyrim) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Trying for the achievement for getting 15 in a single run. They really arent that powerful though, considering.

You can do more with stuff you craft, and some of these you can't even upgrade at the smithy.. but I am achievement crazy.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Daedric Artifacts (Skyrim) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Trying for the achievement for getting 15 in a single run. They really arent that powerful though, considering.

You can do more with stuff you craft, and some of these you can't even upgrade at the smithy.. but I am achievement crazy.
Yeah they are pretty useless as armor but there are two that I find useful for other situations. The one that ups your speechcraft and prices is good. And the one that allows you to breath underwater is good.

djfear

TRIBE Member
Haha that was pretty funny. "Burn baby burn"

Well, I'm done. level 53, finished the main story and the imperial siege quests, not to mention a bunch of other ones.

Great game, a big time suck but it was loads of fun. Now back to reality!

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
Starting over with a new character despite not completing my first playthrough. Was getting a lot of corrupted saves/freezing (aka the problem with every Bethesda game) and just said fuck it.

Gonna replay after the next patch, in the meantime I have a bunch of other titles to occupy my time.

djfear

TRIBE Member
I miss skyrim. I uninstalled it because it took over my life for two solid months. I don't know how a lot of you people were up to like level 70 or something so fast. I played so much...

In fact I uninstalled all my games. *sigh* rant over.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
I am glad I had to start all over again. enjoying my one handed dual weapon and destruction mode a lot better then the two handed player I was leveling up

defazman

TRIBE Member
I just wrapped an elastic around the controller to hold down block. Now a bear is going to attack me until my block is at 100 and I choose all the block perks. May rename my character to Tank.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
I just wrapped an elastic around the controller to hold down block. Now a bear is going to attack me until my block is at 100 and I choose all the block perks. May rename my character to Tank.
Will this work? I think that the block will stop improving around 30

defazman

TRIBE Member
if by 30 you mean 100, then yes. It actually did work, I maxed out blocking and added all the blocking perks. Now I just run around and hit people with my shield.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
my skyrim playing has slowed. I want to kick more ass, but dam it is a time sucker. I just want to rock, not level grind. I think a new bed time for the kids is due, so i can up the gaming time.

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
Started a couple of weeks ago, built up a 20th level thief/mage, my stealth is closing in on 60.

What the fuck is it with all the frostbite spiders in the game?
If you are focusing on stealth make sure you use bow as well. Spells always seem to break your stealth. My roommate has 100 stealth and bow and he rocks giants with 1 or 2 arrows because of the damage multiplier.

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
finished the game. great time. Any game recommendations that are similar to this style? I really enjoyed it.
If you haven't played Morrowind I would recommend it. It is older now, but if you play on a PC there are mods that update the graphics. Really cool world and a spell and item enchanting system that lets you make some ridiculous shit.

defazman

TRIBE Member
I think I'm around level 45 with my Nord Axe Murderer. Now that I've got such a high armour rating, I'm thinking of going dual swords with all the related speed and damage perks. Double Deadra swords say what?

If you are focusing on stealth make sure you use bow as well. Spells always seem to break your stealth. My roommate has 100 stealth and bow and he rocks giants with 1 or 2 arrows because of the damage multiplier.
I've maxed out my stealth to 100, and my archery is now high 60's. And I use total sniper tactics, using the magic only when discovered (which doesn't happen very often) or hand to hand if the need dictates it. I'm using an Ebony enchanted Bow, so I'm dealing some crazy amounts of damage when scoring a stealth hit, but nothing on the level where I'm taking down giants on one or two shots.

Started focusing on enchantments too. I'm hoping to get more shit accomplished while building on that.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
one thing i havent figured out is, after i enchant lets armour, can i re-enchant it with some other stuff later?

What do you enchant your bow with?

Zorro

TRIBE Member
I like to enchant my bows with some kind of frost. So if i don't get the sneak kill right away I can at least get another shot off