1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Skyrim thread

Discussion in 'Technology' started by workdowntown, Nov 10, 2011.

1. workdowntown

workdowntown TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

So who else is fucking itching for this game?

What kind of characters are you guys gonna roll with et al?

2. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

I normally do a heavy armor sword and shield.. with minor specializations in alteration for armor bonuses and unlocking doors.. and restoration for healing and such. and i dabble in charm spells for npc interactions.

although the addition of dual wielding magicks means I am definitely going to try a full out war mage at some point.

SOOO stoked for this!

3. Silvershadow

Silvershadow TRIBE Member

Funny, I was just coming in here to start a Skyrim thread because I found that one was seriously lacking.

I'll probably start with my usual sneaky-snipy character.

So excited. Thankfully I don't work Fridays and I booked Monday off work too, haha! What I'm also thankful for is the fact that my husband is just as excited about this game as I am, so nobody will be bitter if we just ignore each other all weekend to play.

4. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

The fps of rpgs. ; ;

The third person view looks like I might try it but I doubt it.

5. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

I'm getting it!!!

6. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

I am trading Batman : Arkham City & Deus Ex : Human Revolution for this.

i am currently playing Oblivion a bit, but i have only barely chipped the edge of that game, and im considering doing a Walkthrough speed run, so i can see the main portions of the game and then finish it hella fast, so that i can see the game, then ending, and then start playing Skyrim.

the Third person view is supposed to be like night and day compared to oblivion, which makes me VERY happy, the graphics ,and they BETTER USE MORE THAN 2 GODDAMN FUCKING voice actors for the entire game.

anways, yes im excited, i dont know what kind of character i will role as i only rolled a Breton in Oblivion, so will have little reference other than that race to go off of.

I like self restoration, and Melee, with some ranged attacks for kiting enemies, lock picking and persuasion for npc convos etc.

any recommendations for Race, Class, Build?

PS i dont know how soon i will even jump into this as i am having WAY to much fun playing DCU right now, so i may grab it, but it might sit on the shelf with BF3, for when i need breaks from DCU !!!!

7. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

With all the dragon type enemies in this, I think having at least a minor focus in ranged attacks will be beneficial.

Oblivion you didn't need one at all if you didn't want one.

Personally I liked the wood elf ability to command animals in oblivion, but I'll probably pick race based on what new choices skyrim has to offer.

8. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

[YOUTUBE]bH1GUi8rNQk[/YOUTUBE]

9. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

I got in the beta for SWTOR so that'll be me this weekend.

10. glych t.anomaly

Man, i want to play this soooooooooooooooo badly...

Alas Keyboard and Mic gaming for me is out the window as i dont like sitting at a desk when gaming anymore, i like a comfy couch, and since i switched mice hands due to repetitive stress injury( right arm doesnt feel pain much anymore as it comes and goes, and i have better posture, set up at work etc), and dont feel like getting so sucked in i lose another 4800 hours(200 X 24 hour days) of logged game play like i did with WoW.

sigh.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  11. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

12. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Just traded in Batman and got my copy. After the trade that game cost me $28... not to bad for a game that has over a 100 hours of gameplay.

13. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

Rolled a Dunmar character, going to play sneaky/magic.

Until 6pm EST that is, when the SWTOR beta starts. Weeeeeeeee

14. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

Baaahhh So many good games to play at the moment! Good times

15. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

Hahaha, this is hilarious.

basketballjones likes this.
  16. glych t.anomaly

fucking priceless

i cannot wait to play this game

then i will have my RPG 3rd/1st person fix

BF3 for my FPS war games fix

DCU for my 3rd person action mini MMO fix

i think that will be enough to get me through the next 2-3 months

17. workdowntown

Massively underestimating how long you can play Skyrim for :D

18. glych t.anomaly

oh i dont dispute that at all.

considering i still have to do a speed run through of oblivion :) from where i am at now, just to get caught up.

19. workdowntown

Love the foldout map inside, nice touch with the crinkly paper.

Shame about the cover being left off so they could put in the French instruction booklet.

20. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

Yeah almost ruined mine accidently until I could slide it into the cover. Grr.

21. workdowntown

Rolled a High Elf. Blasting the fuck out of enemies with magic while building on one-handed skills appealed to me. Smithing is awesome; cannot believe the size of the map! So much to do and explore I am INSTANTLY HOOKED! Way to go Bethesda, you push my buttons in the right way every time.

22. glych t.anomaly

23. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

I'm using a Dark Elf he uses fire to protect himself and some other dark shit. I found that he's better off with a one handed weapon as I did try to use a two handed weapon and he was really slow with it. Anyways The skill tree looks massive and yes the map is absolutely huge. I wish I could of got more into it but this week tired me out... I passed out on the couch so I only made it to Riverwood to explorer.

I love the fighting in this one they took a page from there fallout games and let you have a awesome kill scene once in a while.

24. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

How is the leveling up in Skyrim vs. Oblivion?

One very minor gripe that I had with the otherwise awesome Oblivion experience system is that if you pick the wrong skills at the start you can end up leveling up "too fast" and not get as many experience points to spread at each level.

It ended up that if you wanted to get the most experience points with each level-up, you would have to carefully orchestrate which skills you used and didn't use.

25. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

The more you dive into this game the more amazing it gets. This has to be one of the best RPGs I have played IMO. I like how I can have one hand set up for my sword or mini axe and the other hand has magic. When you get in a nice rythem you can pull off some cool moves. Just ending off the fight with a cinematic ending is very entertaining.

From what I've seen leveling up is pretty simple if you ask me. When you level up the game will ask you if you want to put points in your magic, stamia or strength. From there you can put points towards perks that will improve or give you other skills. These choices are all dependent on you charecter of choice. You can level up any time you want so it let's you to really think about your choices because there's a shit load of options to choose from... It's pretty impressive.

Also the graphics for this game has really set some kind of standards for other designers out there because the game does look great.