• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

skateboard fantastic !

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Blue Meanies
no indoor parks where your at??
Indoor parks are shit. Smells like a BO-cookoff, it's rammed with people cause noone can skate elsewhere, and worse yet you go during non-school hours and theres 1 million little kiddies snaking your runs left right and center. Plus the layouts are usually garbage cause they try and cram so many different boxes/rails/pipes/whatever into such a small space.

Give me open air and cement anyday of the week.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
ahh man... this thread has me itchin to board again.... its been 10 years though... all i can do now is ollie ;)

*memories of building a propah sized halfpipe in the woods behind my house*

The Kid

TRIBE Member
seriously.... nothing like a long summer day of skating... fawk. buddy on my street had a launch ramp and a quarter pipe... god we used to rock some stupid shit off that launch ramp!

*judo air*

:D

patio-d

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TaCk OnE?
yah, I dunno...I skated for like 7 years, and I still think he doesn't get the love he deserves.

but either way, he's hype.

wish I still had some old videos....I had a world industries video with a ten minute reel of his that was fucking NUUUUUTS....
people would always dis him because he skated so slow.... (and cause he was old-school and techy when big was in).

but give me a break?! nobody can fuk with him on the pretty stuff!

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
if by pretty you mean pretty fawkin awesome!!

been watching tony hawk on the viva la bam's lately... especially on season 2 where they did the mardi gras trip and hit a buncha parks on the way

think tony is losin it a bit...

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Tony hasn't had it for YEARS.

But then again, I dont hold much respect for vert skating, Tony my be king of the pipe, but he can't hold a flame to half the pro's on the street.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AD B
HOLY FUCK MAN! :eek: For real??

I would have loved to make the trip once in my life. Do a tour of some major US cities. I always liked the look of LOVE park in Philly too....

I miss skateboarding.....I really do.

Ads

I've been to love park as well, but not with a deck.

the skaters there look violent..haha...not that there wasn't enough drama at trinity square behind the eaton centre where I used to skate all the time...

I kind of miss skating too...whenever I hop on a deck it's still tons of fun, but I'm pretty arse now.

basically quit because I snapped a deck and couldn't afford a new one.

Last edited:

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Chubbs
Tony hasn't had it for YEARS.
Please! The guy is what? 40? And still skates longer and harder than most people in their 20's.

Street and vert are worlds apart. Respect for both.

smile

TRIBE Member
tony mcSellout?

fuck him. there's way more exciting shit going on in skating these days. i know that the founders of the sport deserve respect, but tony forfeited his "elder respect" when he got sponsored by BAGEL BITES, among others.

the anti-hero team is where it's at right now...hell, even the chocolate team.

smile

TRIBE Member
haha i know, my hat's pretty "sideways" in that last one...that's what i get for trying to strike a pose.

GIVE IT TO ME BABY

UH HUH
UH HUH