• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

skateboard fantastic !

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TaCk OnE?
easily the most talented, under-rated skater of all time.
maybe as far as mainstream advertising dollars and sig videogames go, but most skaters worship the ground that guy walks on. He invented the kickflip.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
yah, I dunno...I skated for like 7 years, and I still think he doesn't get the love he deserves.

but either way, he's hype.

wish I still had some old videos....I had a world industries video with a ten minute reel of his that was fucking NUUUUUTS....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

xopus

TRIBE Member
for anyone who hasnt seen it yet....watch Almost: Round Three (of the mullen vs song battle)

mindboggling.

this thread makes me want to play tony hawk...in fact...i think i will.

smile

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by xtcfreak
that is not street, it is freestyle. :) and yes he is good.. and oldschool!

my fav STREET skater would be natas kopus (sp??)

Jay
natas KAUPAS is the creative advertising director of quiksilver now.

smile

TRIBE Member
rodney is hands-down the best TECHNICAL skater of all time. he basically INVENTED what is known as technical street skating today.

the best street skater of all time is the gonz, mark gonzales...no question. go watch blind-video days if you don't know.

good style > tech aptitude

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
i have some of the videos those clips were taken from - most definitely its Rodney. They threw in some of his darkslide tricks, but where's the kickflip to kickflip in mid air???

SMOKIN'!

adam duke

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
The.world.will.never.see.another.skater.like.Rodney.Mullen.
My.life.has.had.3.major.discoveries.
Timelined.for.u.
1.Rodney.Mullen.
2.Girls.
3.Beer.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Mullen was my idol for soooo long. Did anyone actually own a freestyle deck? If you though doing tricks on a full size street deck were hard, hittin' it up freestyle was even harder.

I had one of Rodney's signature freestyle decks for the longest time. Learned double flips on that, then learned to kick it on the street board.

Watching this totally made me want to bust out some Tony Hawk and find that video of Mark Gonzales bustin the huge gap at EMB. Mark kills!

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
yah, I dunno...I skated for like 7 years, and I still think he doesn't get the love he deserves.
I've never met anyone who skated that didn't like him. Whatcha talkin' bout?

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by I_bRAD
I've never met anyone who skated that didn't like him. Whatcha talkin' bout?

when did I say people didn't like him

I'm just saying, of all the people I've met who skated, his name wasn't the first to come up...he wasn't part of big skate tours, wasn't given the props he deserved.

under-rated that's what I'm talkin' bout.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Boarding = $$$

I usually love winter, but this one I've been broke the whole way through, at least I can skate for free.

I'm still pissed for forgetting my board when I was down in San Diego over christmas.

If i'm lucky I'll be able to get a few sessions in within the month

AD B

TRIBE Member
I skated embarcadaro :)

d.
HOLY FUCK MAN! :eek: For real??

I would have loved to make the trip once in my life. Do a tour of some major US cities. I always liked the look of LOVE park in Philly too....

I miss skateboarding.....I really do.

Ads