• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Skate Boarder Parade

diego

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AVE
hey, if you've skated for 18 years, you should know that skating and causing trouble go hand in hand.

thats all i did when i was a kid.

good times indeed:)
OMG not at all. It's about pushing you limits to the edge, It's about pulling off a trick that makes everybody go ahhhhhhhhh!
Or landing flat on your face and and breaking your nose but not going to the hospital until you pull that trick off.
If you HAPPEN to be at a spot where security chases you off there premis then it's the excitment of making a break for it, then finding a chill spot to burn a doobie and laugh about the fat guy that couldn't catch you. It's not about going into buildings looking for trouble and then running away and whinning about the cops picking on you. I have NO problem with skaters of any age in fact I too love seeing little kids trying tricks daring each other to one up one another in fact I will stop and admire it whenever I see this but this is not what I saw last night.

God bless Tony Hawk for every parent that said skateboarding will never amount to anything.

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Eccentric (LRG)
Thank you!
well its just logical. Whats the difference between some guy on a bike and some guy on a board? or playing the guitar? etc etc

If they're doin it in a public place and it's not getting in my way...I say go for it!

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
If you've been skating for 18 years surely you remember kids breaking into backyard bowls and skating illegaly - you know, the stuff with which modern skateboarding was built on?

diego

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basic
If you've been skating for 18 years surely you remember kids breaking into backyard bowls and skating illegaly - you know, the stuff with which modern skateboarding was built on?
I grew up in the downtown core when most of the housing projects where being built so I had my fair share of places to go and wacked stunts to try.

Guys I'm not putting skaters down at all I'm just saying that there's a difference between going out and skating and having a good time with your friends and meeting new people then there is with a bunch of people doing it just to stir things up.

Eccentric (LRG)

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basic
Dog town and Z-boys styles ?

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
"Guys I'm not putting skaters down at all I'm just saying that there's a difference between going out and skating and having a good time with your friends and meeting new people then there is with a bunch of people doing it just to stir things up."

your just not making sense...last night a bunch of skaters got together and skated...what exactly is stirring things up anyways, you've mentioned it like twice...as far as I know aside from rail or ledge damage there was zero property destruction or public drinking or any other assorted silliness but you're convinced that last night was somehow different from when you skated...

tablist

TRIBE Member
More importantly, does anyone want to skate Christie tonight?

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Max

diego

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jungleboy

your just not making sense...last night a bunch of skaters got together and skated...what exactly is stirring things up anyways, you've mentioned it like twice...as far as I know aside from rail or ledge damage there was zero property destruction or public drinking or any other assorted silliness but you're convinced that last night was somehow different from when you skated...
Yeah my dog looks at me the same way. Like I just don't make sense. All I was saying was when passing I guess you and your friends it looked more like they were trying to start trouble or at least a commotion then they were about skating hard.

Guess I was wrong.

I love the passion people have for what they do and who they are.;)

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by diego
I grew up in the downtown core when most of the housing projects where being built so I had my fair share of places to go and wacked stunts to try.

Guys I'm not putting skaters down at all I'm just saying that there's a difference between going out and skating and having a good time with your friends and meeting new people then there is with a bunch of people doing it just to stir things up.
Oh shut the fuck up pissface.

Who the hell cares what some random alias on a message board has to say about "what it's all about".

And what the crap is a "wacked stunt". My mom sounds less awkward describing skating then you.

Just shush and go back to posting under the name you usually use. You're not even being mildly amusing.

diego

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by 416
Oh shut the fuck up pissface.

Who the hell cares what some random alias on a message board has to say about "what it's all about".

And what the crap is a "wacked stunt". My mom sounds less awkward describing skating then you.

Just shush and go back to posting under the name you usually use. You're not even being mildly amusing.

LMAO o KAY because you said so.

by the way you seem to care a great deal.

diego

TRIBE Member
awwwwwwwww! is something wrong with the poor baby.
maybe it's because your handle should really read 905?

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by diego
awwwwwwwww! is something wrong with the poor baby.
maybe it's because your handle should really read 905?
?

You're the creepy old dude complaining about what kids should and shouldn't be doing.

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
If they're wallriding, railsliding, grinding or otherwise using the buildings or monuments around them, it's destruction of property.
are you saying that you have a problem wth this? well if so why don't you also join the police task force that goes around the city covering over graffitti art, Big brother, because we wouldn't want to have any subversive sub-culture, we wouldn't want a city with character...in any case if the city would follow Vancouver's lead and make more skateparks, that are accessible the said destruction wouldn't happen so much... in any case I'd rather have kids out skating than sitting at home all day and night playing computer games and watching t.v.

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
Not to mention, when one of them cracks their skull because they aren't wearing a helmet, society says I should help them even though they are being stupid.
you're absolutely correct, no one should take any chances, extreme sports should be banned for the threat to the state that they are, while we're at it wouldn't it be better if everyone was forced to dress the same and beinterested int he same activites as well...who are you tpo say because a kid falls and cracks his head skating it's stupidness. besides what if the kid can't afford to buy a helmet. you obviously don't know so I'm going to inform you, decent helmets run anywhere between one and three hundred bucks.