1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Skate Boarder Parade

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by fuzzy, Aug 25, 2003.

1. fuzzy

fuzzy TRIBE Member

Last night myself and Doublecross saw about 100 skateboarders pass us in Downtown TO

Does anyone have any theroy's on what they were doing?

Richard

2. being totally rad?

3. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

were they in between thrashins ?

4. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

nice

5. rowla

rowla TRIBE Member

gleaming the cube?

6. Syntax Error

Syntax Error Well-Known TRIBEr

and flipping out?

7. twist

twist TRIBE Member

prolly hopped up on goofballs

8. twist

twist TRIBE Member

we got these shirts made up for our crew ridin bikes. We're a gang. Respect my athoritai!

9. DJ Doublecross

DJ Doublecross TRIBE Member

Apparently it was just a gathering of skaters who wanted to take over downtown for a couple hours. From what I hear, at least one kid got arrested and others got pepper sprayed when a cop showed up, so everyone else took off.

I'm sure there's more to it than that, but I don't know the details.

10. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Lousy nogoodniks!

11. Eccentric (LRG)

Eccentric (LRG) TRIBE Member

awww I bet they were cute some of em.?!
    Where was i at the time they needed help.
    I could have been their hero then got hooked
    up with hot skater dudes.

*frowns and kicks at a rock on ground*

12. diego

diego TRIBE Member

They were rebeling against there horrible Torie up bringing.
    you know the house in the subs. with the swimming pool. Mom's Lexus suv in the driveway and Dad's apparent lack of intrest in his childs life.

13. jungleboy

jungleboy TRIBE Promoter

this is/was my drunken 'review' from Torontojungle.com

'...the heads will have to excuse me cuz I usually skate strictly at the Bickford Center since it's close to my house and the ledges etc. are at my level...so I don't know all the spot names but it was a wicked night...first stop was the CBC building where it was mostly ledge tricks, manuals across the pads etc...then onto a 8 stair which I don't know the name of but it was the first hit and security came right out so no one got anything on that..then the RBC building which has a 5/6? stair rail INSIDE the building so about 50 kids rushed inside while the rest stood outside and started throwing down on the rail...ollies, boardslides, and a ripper who put down a sick 5-0 on the rail INSIDE!!!!...think about that..we were in the building...then security tried locking the doors so everyone rushed out which got a bit hairy as there are mostly revolving doors in the place...Comerce Court next where people where just throwing down a litle bit on the three stair 180's, kickflips, 3-flips etc...then a little north to a spot with mostly steel benches which I don't know the name of but security rushed right out so everyone when north to Dundas Square..sadly nothing became of that becuase FLOW was having some concert so it was full of B-Boy types....by this time the pigs had started follwoing us and where being complete dicks actually...picking on little kids and stuff...so everyone chilled there for a bit then went back to CBC...once a good number of kids re-gathered everyone went to what I think was the back of the RBC building...it is opposite Union Station...there's huge handrail facing the station that no one can do but on the left hand side of the rail there's a cement Hubba that a kid dropped in on and stuck which was super sick...then just a touch north of that there was an 8 stair with a rail...some kids set up lights and that was where the sick shit went down...ollies, 180's, switch ollies, kickflips, switch flips(not landed), a sick ollie/indy grab OVER the rail, atttempted shove-it/tail grab(so close!), I think the same dude attempted to hardflip it(sick!), and someone who came close to frontside flipping over the rail(so close!!)...then a crusier showed up...everyone ran back to Union and was going to regroup at CBC when as we were skating across Front a cop grabbed a little kid and arrested him so I went to the cruiser to see what was up and the pig was total fucking dick and was trying to start shit with us(he asked me if I "wanted some"!)...then he pulled out his pepper spray and ended up getting a few kids...then we went back towards the CBC building and I had to break off and go home...I think the plan was to hit Dundas Square again becuase the show would be over...crazy night!...at it's peak there were a TON of skaters...TONS...the group would easily stop all car traffic on a major street...easy!...'

14. diego

diego TRIBE Member

HA HA like I said in my post above.

15. jungleboy

jungleboy TRIBE Promoter

...I'm so hurt the Young Yuppies of Tribe don't approve...please get back to your shit desk job...

16. DJ Doublecross

DJ Doublecross TRIBE Member

lol, yeah that was my news source. I couldn't make much sense of it, but saw something about pepper spray.

17. will do, right after I call security to kick you out of the car park.

18. jungleboy

jungleboy TRIBE Promoter

...it was a 'Critical Mass' type thing but with less queasy
    politics...

19. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

I did this like years ago! Skipped out of highschool one aft and headed downtown with like 4 of us and just kept meeting up with other skaters till there was like 100 of us, we were on the news too.

20. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Flashmob?

The idea sounds cool, here's hoping someone had a video camera and is gonna upload it.

21. JESuX

JESuX TRIBE Member

Waiting for me to open my front door and lasoo one of them???

Woohoooo!!!

*drools*

Where was *I* when this happened????

*kicks rock on ground longside Eccentric (LRG)*

22. Littlest Hobo

Littlest Hobo TRIBE Member

Personally, I'd like to see Critical Mass vs. Stoopid Undersexed Teenage Boys. It's the battle of the maroons.

23. Eccentric (LRG)

Eccentric (LRG) TRIBE Member

yea this conversation is good and all..
    But.......WERE THERE ANY HOT SKATERS ?

:p

24. diego

diego TRIBE Member

I don't have shit desk job.
    I'm not a yuppie.
    and my main mode of transportation is a skateboard.
    I also think it's funny that you think COPS would only pick on the young kids. obviously you don't know our lovely 51st and 14th division officers to well. There always looking for a good fight.

25. jungleboy

jungleboy TRIBE Promoter

"Personally, I'd like to see Critical Mass vs. Stoopid Undersexed Teenage Boys. It's the battle of the maroons."

...yes we are very maroon...perhaps you meant moron, which I
    think may describe you better...