• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

simpsons - the movie

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

tablist

TRIBE Member
Didn't Conan O'Brien write most of the REALLY funny Simpsons episodes? If he did, which I'm pretty sure he did, they should bring him onto the project.

JMan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tablist
Didn't Conan O'Brien write most of the REALLY funny Simpsons episodes? If he did, which I'm pretty sure he did, they should bring him onto the project.

I thought he was the main driver of all the "burst into song" episodes.

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tablist

he wrote three episodes

-new kid on the block
-marge vs the monorail
-homer goes to college (one of my faves)

he was a producer (contributing writer) for several others

he worked in seasons 3-5, but i hate when people think he was some sort of simpsons writing god and they owe it all to him blaa blaa blaaa

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I seem to be one of the few people who can't stand the Simpsons. It just doesn't do a thing for me. To each is own I guess.

kat

TRIBE Member
oh jason. our rants have become one.

D:

im scared. of that and the movie.

i'd still watch it, but i can imagine myself wincing through it.

poor skimpsons.

finary

TRIBE Promoter
what year do you think will be the last for the simpsons?

im guessing it'll be gone shortly after the movie comes out, or shortly before...

sad to think about it really... since i grew up with that show and still watch it every single day

life after the simpsons??? :eek:

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by silver1
Like "South Park"?

An exception I'm sure. ;)

I just don't see how after 14 or 15 seasons, that they'll be able to find enough A material to fill up 90 minutes, when they have enough problems filling up 20 odd minutes.

South Park the movie was pure comedy genius, and on top of that, it was a fantastically-done musical. And right now the last musical number that I can remember from the Simpsons is from that annoying Evita episode where Lisa keeps singing the boring crappy songs.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by geminigirl
I seem to be one of the few people who can't stand the Simpsons. It just doesn't do a thing for me. To each is own I guess.

you = banned from element on wednesdays! :mad:

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
The majority of the people involved have been away from the show for years now.

To think that somehow their creative well has dried up is ludicrous.

I await the film with great vigour.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
It better be good

No matter how good it is, the majority of people will say it sucks.

There will be group A who were big fans of the Simpsons but feel that it's weak now, so they'll look for and subsequently dwell on any bad parts of the movie.

Then there will be the group B people, who have loved the Simpsons and still do and will build this movie so much in their hearts that nothing, no matter how good, will live up to their expectations.

There's also the superfan category that will say it was good no matter how bad it is, and the marginal superfan that would walk out of it, even if it was Jean Claude Van Damme terrible and still say "It wasn't that bad" ;)

Hopefully they'll try for something different and get some of the better writers back. That's all I ask.