• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Simpsons is pretty funny tonight.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Well, the first 10 minutes anyway...we'll see what happens the rest of the episode. Oh yeah, and I'm ubercool for watching it an hour and a half before everyone else. :D

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Good thing we came to our senses and worship a carpenter from 2000 years ago! Bwahahah!!!

End of the 2nd period and it's still going strong...could this be the first good episode this year?

Or am I just basking in how elite I am in watching this before anyone else?

Cho

TRIBE Member
Wow your pretty elite with your ExpressVu or digi cable box!

Aside, I watched it on NTV as well. The newfies own with there music videos instead of retail commercials.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cho
Wow your pretty elite with your ExpressVu or digi cable box!

Aside, I watched it on NTV as well. The newfies own with there music videos instead of retail commercials.

Busted. :eek:

In actuality, I only stumbled onto NTV today. :eek:

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Balzz
Busted. :eek:

In actuality, I only stumbled onto NTV today. :eek:

What is that? I have Express-Vu, can I watch Simpsons early?

Anyway, this was a good episode, but the ending was crap, and I don't by the "post-modern" self-referencial, "hey this is a crap ending" bit. All in all I would give it a 7/10.

-ian g.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ian
What is that? I have Express-Vu, can I watch Simpsons early?

Anyway, this was a good episode, but the ending was crap, and I don't by the "post-modern" self-referencial, "hey this is a crap ending" bit. All in all I would give it a 7/10.

-ian g.

Flanders in the museum was pretty funny though. :D

NTV's on 201.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
This year they have made a solid attempt to return to episodes that have more message and are less insane or irreverent. I like it and I think this year has had many entertaining episodes.

C'mon, panhandling Homer is great. "COKE AND PEPSI ARE THE SAME THING! WHOWOWWHHOHOHOHOHOHO!" I love it! And all to by Marge presents. That's sweet.

I also like how Bart and Lisa turned a corner. I like it when they're friendly. In fact, I was disappointed when Milhouse came back in the last two minutes with a lame excuse. They should have kept him in Capital City for a while, white hair and all. I like changes like that (Maude's death ect.)

I wanted two episodes thought.

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Anybody notice how crazy the animation is this year?
It just struck me last night...it's more polished, they've added elements like shadowing, and made it look 3D with rotating camera zooms and the like.

Seems like they added more style to make up for the lack of substance...but I kinda like it.

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
I have noticed something about the quality of the Simpsons and that's that it is usally only funny for about the first 10 mins and it doesn't hold my attention like it used to. I really think they need to get the old writers back...mainly Conan O'Brien.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Maybe you have to be a little older, and have seen Sammy Davis Junior perform, to appreciate just how polished and skillful Homer delivered his rendition of Bo Jangles.

Stuff like that is funny, but please don't take me as some elitist older guy.

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
i've enjoyed every simpsons episode ever!

last nights was great!.

so many funny moments.

(p.s. last night was the first time i ever watched the simspons with the fun-guy).

EffinHard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by opium_souldjah
I have noticed something about the quality of the Simpsons and that's that it is usally only funny for about the first 10 mins and it doesn't hold my attention like it used to. I really think they need to get the old writers back...mainly Conan O'Brien.

Seriously, do you even know how many episodes Conan wrote / co-wrote.. It wasnt many at all.