• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Simply...Trance.

CO2

TRIBE Member
First things first. I know what this board is all about, as far as what most peeps in here like. I pretty much know what most people here think of what I am about to say, and really..i dont give a fuck. Im saying it anyway.

Enter....trance.

What is "trance" some of you may ask. Well, thats a very tough question to answer, as it is in trying to describe any other form of music you may love. No one can really say why some people love one style of music while others get their kicks with something completely different. Is this based on personality? Is it a nurture aspect of our growth into musical maturity? Does what others around you listen to (parents, siblings, friends) affect what it is that you love as far as musical tastes are concerned? Well, really I cannot answer that. No one can, really. I tend to think that outside influences affect these tastes, however deep down I have to believe it has more to do with the personality of the person, and their dedication to music as a whole. I am, and have always been the type of person that tries to appreciate the broad spectrum that is music. I try not limit myself, or pigeon hole my mind to one or two specific genres or tastes. This is conforming to the masses in a sense, and does not lend itself to the true understanding of what music really is. Expression in musical sound is far different than anyting we can really explain in words, however, I will still try to conjure some sort of explanation as to why I like trance.

I am, and will always be, a sentimetal and emotional bastard. I enjoy sad, and/or uplifting or enlightening melodies, lyrics and/or chords. I like sounds and words with some sort of musical or lyrical value. I want to "feel" what im hearing, and i want to relate to lyrics and emotions that artists may be trying to convey. Trance has a knack of doing things like this. Its sole purpose in electronic music is to provide synth filled melodies that are filled with drama and emotion. This is not to say that other electronic genres do not provide this. However, you have to agree (if youve ever listened to trance) that no other form of electronic music provides the same spectrum of "feeling". Most of what you hear in other genres (and im not mocking them at all) is essentially one dimentional (sometimes, somewhat multi-dimensional..however..it is rare) as far as emotion and feeling is concerned. Im not taking ANYTHING away from anything else, because really, i do love them all.

Trance however, conjures up a wide spectrum of emotions, thoughts, and ideas (as silly as that sounds). It is the epitomy of what music really should be. Especially when it comes to the repetiveness that can sometimes be electronic music. This is why most "main stream" folk can relate to it more than any other form of electronic music. No one can argue that it is the most popular form of electronic music IN THE WORLD, simply beacause of it. I know alot of people make fun of it because it is that accesible, and/or "cheap" (which incidentally i dissagree with) , but it is what it is, and theres a reason for it.

Again, i dont want to take ANYTHING away from any other form of electronic music, i truly and deeply like most of it. However, for me...really there is only one type that moves me and affects me the same way trance does.

Serious respect to what you love...regardless of what it is.

Last edited:

CO2

TRIBE Member
what? just cuz im up at 6 am and writing giberish means im on a yay fix?

damn, was it that obvious? :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

CO2

TRIBE Member
LeoGirl said:
you are such a gino CO2 :p
Haha...as if!!

Youve just got that image of me in my scarface suit embedded in your head. I dont actually dress like a greasy spic all the time :)