• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

SIMPLY JEFF @ LIMELIGHT FEB. 20th

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

kprior

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 4theluvofbreaks:
Yes it's a bigger room, and it would be nice to see the skills. I will see what I can do, anybody else have any requests???
Chris
</font>

YaYa - Fly me out for the night?.....

peace
kp

Willar X

TRIBE Member
Yes it's a bigger room, and it would be nice to see the skills. I will see what I can do, anybody else have any requests???
Chris
</font>

on the other side of the room opposite the turntables.. are those speakers or a mini stage?
If it's a stage... put the booth there.
I liked the setup of the booth like it was downstairs alot
biggrin.gif

4theluvofbreaks

TRIBE Member
I should have known that you guys were going to take that out of context. First of all I can kill two birds with one stone let's see I will fly Kyle out from B.C. this way he can dance for you Madhatter, I heard he can really shake his booty. Willar that is the Booth across the room and we can't see the dj or the skills if we have him up there. So I am thinking that we will try to set it up on the floor where we used to have it. This should work out well.
Chris

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
My suggestion.

Simply Jeff is fun to watch. Problem is, the booth's at Limelight are unaccomodating for that sort of trainspotting. People are throwing around the idea of moving the set-up's. I couldn't disagree more.

During the time when the breaks floor was on the first floor, I don't think I heard a night that didn't have a ton of feedback. The set up on the floor was in a bad place of the club... too close to speakers, on on a table that vibrated too much.

Upstairs is even worse. The stage opposite the the booth is very shakey, and right in front of all the bassbins. Not a good combo. Lots of bass + shakey platform + a floor full of dancers = skipping needles all night. The only way to avoid this is to hang the decks from the ceiling... very expensive.

The solution is cheap and effective. My suggetion is simple. Projections.

example.jpg

I had the same dilema with Freddy Fresh. Freddy is a performer, but the booth was very closed in and people couldn't watch. So, I made some calls, and with the help of Incog I got a video camera set up in the booth and a large projection screen out on the dancefloor. That way, the sound was good, the DJ was comfortable in a proper DJ booth, and the crowd saw everything.

Moving equipment around is screaming for problems. Go for the cheap, cooler alternative: Projections.

Old School Rave Stylee, Boyeeeeee!

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
Hey Chris/ 4theluvofbreaks

would yourself or Slimelight mind if I hung up some posters to promote Jeff's new CD on Moonshine for that night? (comes out in March)

I can try to see if I can get some advance promos to give away as well.

Let me know what you think...

Cheers.

Willar X

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by peanut butter:
I love it when a rumour come to fruition.

Chris&gt;&gt; If i'm getting Willar right, he's asking about the 3rd floor opposite the DJ booth at the south side of the dance floor.

I'd be wicked to have it there as it's a well lit (compared to the basement) and elevated about a foot and a half. You'd have to check the wiring there though...

Patrick B
</font>

Patrick, u are oh so right, thats where I meant
biggrin.gif

LP

Ah man! I'm gonna be soooo tired at work the day after Jeff plays...oh, well its definately gonna be worth it.

Uncle Bobby

TRIBE Promoter
Chris
</font>

breasts, lots of breats.

UB.

4theluvofbreaks

TRIBE Member
Sure you did Rob. I think the setup for that night will be as suggested by D Monic so I am thinking that we will have Simply Jeff in the booth on the main floor and we will try to set up cameras and have him showing on the tv's at the back.
Chris

Uncle Bobby

TRIBE Promoter
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by breakz_btch:
ahahaha! classic! mispells the keyword in the joke!!

*jen*

</font>

I'm not often sober, and I can't type. Lay off your uncle!

UB.

Angus Robinson

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by breakz_btch:
ahahaha! classic! mispells the keyword in the joke!!

*jen*

</font>

Jen, with the number of spelling mistakes you make per day, you should really not be one to talk.

Lest we forget... "I can't wait for hits"

tongue.gif

BreakzBroad

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DJ Madhatter:
Jen, with the number of spelling mistakes you make per day, you should really not be one to talk.

Lest we forget... "I can't wait for hits"

tongue.gif
</font>

uh yea!!
biggrin.gif
haha....but lately I've been good!! And it's just great fun when it's actually somebody else.

*jen*

4theluvofbreaks

TRIBE Member
Well we are just a little over a week away from our 1 year anniversary. Drinks will be a flying this wednesday and next.
Chris now likes drinking.

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
Chris,

what's your personal e-mail? I tried to send you an e-mail but it bounced back..

(I used the one in your profile)

I just have a few questions about the Jeff show..

Cheers,
Mark

cable

TRIBE Member
Attn: Sugar D
Could you please get in contact with me regarding moonshine and the show. I just joined the street team and this is my first show.
rlendreville@sympatico.ca

cheers
rob

kick

TRIBE Member
my brother brought me back a bottle of tequilla from mexico.
simply jeff is playing on wednsday.
no school this week.
jamies comming.

look out.

kick

TRIBE Member
muahaha...you guys should come over for a good old fasioned pre-swail...or do you owrk that night?