• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

SimCity 5

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
This launch has been all over the place for me. Perfectly stable some days, other days I am losing connectivity and having to rollback play time, corrupted game files, etc etc.

Then to top if off, someone, somehow changed my password and profile information to a russian account and I had to spend 3 hours on the phone last night with Origin getting it all sorted out again. The beautiful part was, they did this without actually compromising my Gmail account. awesome.

romstah

TRIBE Member
good thing i got this game for $28 or else i would ask for refund. There is something really wrong with this game like pathing, population count, and now this.

praktik

TRIBE Member
This launch has been all over the place for me. Perfectly stable some days, other days I am losing connectivity and having to rollback play time, corrupted game files, etc etc.

Then to top if off, someone, somehow changed my password and profile information to a russian account and I had to spend 3 hours on the phone last night with Origin getting it all sorted out again. The beautiful part was, they did this without actually compromising my Gmail account. awesome.
Wait - tha thappened to me too! well sorta - i had these "confirm your email" notes coming to my gmail - in russian

and I saw my preferences in origin were set to russian

but then I e-chatted w/ a rep after switching to English/Canada again - and he said my account was fine!

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Wait - tha thappened to me too! well sorta - i had these "confirm your email" notes coming to my gmail - in russian

and I saw my preferences in origin were set to russian

but then I e-chatted w/ a rep after switching to English/Canada again - and he said my account was fine!
I chatted with a rep, but my account was compromised such that they couldn't help me online, so I had to sit in a 3 hour phone queue to get it sorted.

My actual profile name was changed, password, password security question, region, etc etc

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
Wow what a mess! Oh well guys - I think this game will still live to its potential. IN all these problems I see nothing that a few updates and infrastructure upgrades couldn't handle to make better.

Main problem is that people wanna play - now - and the game just isn't really in the robust condition it needs to be in..

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
I love how all the criminals from my city are robbing and setting fires to just about everything in a friends neighboring city

praktik

TRIBE Member
More EA account fun, but seem to catch it right away, luckily both times it happened when I was working @ home and having my laptop set in front of my home PC desktop. I was basically manning the console when email my password had been changed, noticed about 40 mins after it happened and immediately reset, conneceted w/ EA chat...

Then had them change my account email and various other aspects - couldn't tell they did anything with my profile yet... so think I'm in the clear...

def Origin < Steam

Never had any BS like this on steam.... EA you suck dickz

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

JamesM

TRIBE Member
ha

The Escapist : SimCity Is Broken, And It's Not Just the Servers

Let's look at the traffic problem more specifically. Say your streets get crowded and you decide to place a bus depot to provide municipal public transport and lessen some of the flow of individual cars. You put down some bus stops in what you believe are strategically desirable locations. Fine. When a bus is traveling on your city's streets, the AI decides where the most passengers are to pick up and it goes there. Again, fine, makes sense. When you add more buses to mix though, the code can't handle it and all the buses end up clogging one particular street trying to pick up those poor Sims. Seriously, I've seen 10 buses all lined up, blocking the street and preventing any other traffic from flowing by. You know, like fire trucks on their way to save some burning baby Sims.
see bathurst or dufferin st.

romstah

TRIBE Member
i hate this game at the same time i love it. Going to take a break from it while i play the free game that i got which is dead space 3. which game did you guys get?

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I got BF3, never played it before.
and I feel the same way, I have like a 15 minute time limit now before I get extremely bored

romstah

TRIBE Member
my lazy sims dont want to travel across the map even if it meant losing their houses. next time im gonna put residential and industrial side-by-side.

[YOUTUBE]TNaKEC7Bnhg[/YOUTUBE]

maphi

TRIBE Member
Looks like the mac version is available June 11. Not sure if I will buy it though, based on all the issues. Has anyone here actually been playing & enjoying this?

praktik

TRIBE Member
With all the issues I loaded up other games - I have QUITE the backlog

coming back eventually though just was biding my time...
How is it these days for anyone playing?