• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

SimCity 5

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
I was able to play early this morning, but europe and oceanic are constantly my only server options...all others are busy, so I may be SOL in terms of playing a tribe region.

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
Strange. I've been able to get on East1 quite a bit. Lets give it a week. I'm go an try differs t approaches to building a city and then next week we can all come together and go full board

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
The oceanic server seems stable now. It might be a good play to build our region there considering all North Americaian servers appear busy all the fraking time.

Post tips and tricks if you've got them.

Industry- create always downwind.
Bonds- don't be afraid to take out a loan at the beginning. If you play smart you'll make the money back fast.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
Quick tips:

You have 10 region slots per server. That's quite a bit. Regions and cities cannot carry over to other servers.

In order to find and play with friends you'll have to be on the same server, obviously. So the two servers I'm going to stick with are NA east coast 1 and Oceanic. By the time I get to play its so late on the east coast I'll have no issues with volume.

I've started a private smaller Region (5 cities) on NA east 1. Hit me up if you want in.
Once the dust settles and we figure out which servers are the least busy then we can move forward on a massive region.

Last edited:

praktik

TRIBE Member
Hehe was actually gonna give it a go but then my buddy came over spontaneously and we played Double Dragon II instead..;)

retro gaming FTW - the music in that game is pretty rad actually! Maybe one of best of the NES...

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
And things get even better for the worst launch in history... Amazon has now pulled Sim City from the shelves. Good grief

praktik

TRIBE Member
tomb raider having rough launch too - Nvidia GPUs crashing all the time - game looks cool too

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
It's probably half true. I am guessing a chain email circulated in China and people started posting without verifying the source.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

maphi

TRIBE Member
Looks like Amazon pulled the game from being downloaded too based on the negative reviews.

In Wake of Poor Reviews, Amazon Yanks SimCity Download - Slashdot

Lobo
Over 1700 1-star reviews on Amazon compared to 50 5-star reviews (with most of those being sarcastic negative reviews). Hilarious... Glad I haven't been able to spend money on this yet (although I do want to play and hope they figure their shit out before the mac version gets released).

praktik

TRIBE Member
I'm happy to have helped Maxis out by preordering... I held my nose and thought of them, instead of EA, when I sent them my $$...

But xcom is kind of ruling my world right now anyhow - wanna finish that on classic/ironman difficulty before wading into Sim City full bore (actually another title I preordered out of loyalty - couldn't play in launch week from bugs! Plays like a dream now though)

JamesM

TRIBE Member
going to grab it when it comes out on mac. hopefully they get their shit together by then.

so would it be possible to start up a tribe region and everyone starts cities in it?

romstah

TRIBE Member
what a disastrous launch, havent they learned from diablo 3? in other news TOMB RAIDER IS FUCKING AWESOME!

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

praktik

TRIBE Member
ya i was never a fan of the series but once the Nvidia issues are ironed out I will def grab it on a steam sale! Trailer looked amazing!

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
I was able to play for 4 hours straight last night. Damn this game is addictive. Started with a Univeristy town in mind but when the first skyscraper emerged I abandoned that idea and went full board on a metropolis. In the end I had to many issues with ground pollution with dirty industry.

Last edited:

acheron

TRIBE Member
it'd be funny if there was a "mayormccheese" option like the disasters you drop in, such that this mayor of your city, whenever you try to improve transit or do things relating to the arts or the poor, he has a 65% chance of cancelling them outright.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit