• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

SimCity 5

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I hope they make a Vita version... Sim city on the go is a time waster. I had it on the DS and I played it a lot. This video looks amazing... visually!!!

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
Already available on Origin for presale with unique content DLC.

Origin

sigh. I can feel the rape already.

Will still endure it if its like SC4 and not Societies.

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
some really nice looking pre beta of SimCity 5

Due out Feb 2013.. I am quite pumped, I have to say.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

praktik

TRIBE Member
Will it ONLY be an origin title? sounds dumb'

Anyway Anno 2070 should tide me over nicely - was ALMOST about to get CitiesXL a few times but the flaws kept me away, I think the new sim city looks to have the production value it was missing... will sit nicely in my strategy collection:

Tropico 4, Anno 2070, Civ V, and now Sim City 5!

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
the region play looks amazing,

having your cities interact with multiplayer cities in your region.

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
Booted up Sim City 4 last week. Can't wait for the reboot. My only issue is the city tiles look small

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
always on internet doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The small city tile size does look like it could be a bit worrisome. Kinda like how Tropico 4 limits you from building huge empires.

But I still have hope until I see real gamers reviews on it.

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
That is exactly why I will first claim all the city squares around my main before I invite out. lol.

praktik

TRIBE Member
always on internet doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The small city tile size does look like it could be a bit worrisome. Kinda like how Tropico 4 limits you from building huge empires.

But I still have hope until I see real gamers reviews on it.
Ya but I dont mind that from Tropico 4 - in terms of world builders its nice to have cause it has enough depth to interest, but not so deep it takes forever to play a game. When I want that vibe without getting into a serious, Civ 5 sleep destroying session, I load up Tropico 4...

f*ck... well SIm CIty was the clincher, was already eyeing Origin for Mass Effect 3, basically sold out and got that on sale over the holidays - will be set up in Origin for Sim City 5 now! I also dont have issue w/ always on internet requirement, seems my computer always is anyway!

praktik

TRIBE Member
Fuckin' EA

I suckered in and even preordered. I am definitely opposed in principle to their exclusion of Steam, and hate they had to bring me over... but their content did it - just like they fucking wanted!

But who am I really? I know there are a force of gamers out there boycotting Origin and shit, but they are a small % of the market. The mass market is big enough all those concerns don't matter. EA has the content to make the strategy work - so we're fucked.

Join the machine.

You will all be assimilated.

Resistance is Futile.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
Fuckin' EA

I suckered in and even preordered. I am definitely opposed in principle to their exclusion of Steam, and hate they had to bring me over... but their content did it - just like they fucking wanted!

But who am I really? I know there are a force of gamers out there boycotting Origin and shit, but they are a small % of the market.
and they all still bought battlefield 3.

retarded gamers and their "boycots" never work out, and a company as large as EA really don't give a shit.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
Beta download size is 1.7GB
you start out with a tutorial city that shows you the basics of running a successful city. Once that is done its off to create your own city....but here is the kicker... you only have 1 hour of game time to do so.
I've created two cities so far. One small and the second I was able to get around 20,000 pop. I wish more features were available for this beta (i couldn't connect to the railway system) The graphics are cool and fresh. Everything ran smooth for me. I still have concerns over the tile size. I want to make massive city!!

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
one more thing - if there will be options to design regions, expand tile sizes and mod just about everything, this game will totally kill it... even if you have to play online.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit