• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Silent Hill

Scarlett

TRIBE Member
I'm surprised no one started a thread on this yet. I did a search and it came up with nothing so I apologize in advance if there already is one :)
All I can say about this movie is "wtf???". I don't wanna give away much...but if anyone else saw this, explain the last 15 minutes to me...please. I swear, I did pay attention.

If it wasn't for most of the visuals, the creepy score and Radha Mitchell I
would say it was a total waste of my 127 minutes.
Radha Mitchell's performance pretty much outshined the rest of the cast. The rest of the cast pretty much was dismal and poorly delivered. Sybil the cop, was pretty much shaped like a gamer's dream (black leather, panther-like movements), the other cop whose name was Gucci seemed to fall out of those black & white 50's cop flicks because of the way he delivered his lines, Deborah Kara Unger, who i mistook for Cate Blanchett haha (of Cronenberg's Crash) was unrecognizable, and the bible thumping lady and her minions were pretty much over the top. Her minions seemed like they were just picked off the street, smeared with ash and tablecloths, and trained by my high school drama teacher.
I'm not too familiar with the video game even though I used to
watch my brother play it years ago and I did find it creepy then. even so, I was pretty much disappionted. I left the theatre thinking wtf!

*SPOILER HERE*

The hospital...those nurses....What the hell was that about????? Even the one in the grainy clip which supposedly explained things.....talk about gamer's dream. Sorry to generalize the gamer community ;) I know they don't always picture boobies and high heels on nurses...:D

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
i'm not reading this thread / post yet 'cause i'm going to see this movie today at 5pm. heard it was crap from someone i almost always disagree with when it comes to movies. i don't expect it to be a masterpiece or anything, i just really like the game a lot, so am psyched to see the movie ... if it's anything near as creepy as the game, it'll be great!

TemperMINT

TRIBE Member
I saw that too! It had a lot of the horror movie cliches (ie. stupid woman who thinks wandering into dark alleys is a good idea), but it was still surprisingly good. A tad gory though. Don't worry, you're not the only one who left the theatre confused!

*SPOILERS*

I think the nurse was there b/c she was curious and peeked at the little burned girl (Alyssa?), and therefore she was punished by having to serve her forever. I'm just guessing though. I've never played the game and have no clue.
What a shame for the main character though... she went through all that.. and she's still dead in the end! (She is dead, right?)

*END SPOILERS*

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
yeah, the first Silent Hill is one of the few video games that ever actually scared me. it was the perfect game for playing late at night with all the lights off and jumping outta my chair numerous times.
so just because of loyalty to my enjoyment of the game I will definately be checking this one out.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders