• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sick Kitten :(

sk8

TRIBE Member
Just got back from rushing my kitten to the emergency vet clinic.

He had an allergic reaction to his shots this morning. I found him foaming at the mouth and barely awake. He was barely breathing when i got him there. His temperature was over 41.

He has to stay overnight. They are giving him saline IV, steroids and antibiotics. They think he'll be okay.

Poor little Tie.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

IgStar

TRIBE Member
oh no!

awwwwwww :( :(

I hope he gets better soon! lil guy isn't doing too well!
at least you got him looked at right away and got him some meds...just o.d. on the TLC.
moreso than usual ;)

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
auhhh thats sad.. i hope he's ok.

I went to the humane socitey today i dont know why, caz every time i go there i leave in tears.

I first went to look at the cats as i am cat person. there was only 8 cats i was like wtf? where are all the cats and this cry for help the hs has been having - enter vet lady- she explained to me that 60% of the cats in there have a respritory infection and are on antibiotics they get worse before they get better. :( so fuken sad man on top of the overflow of cats they are all sick.

i then went to look at the hamsters/gerbals ect... they would not know the diference if they were in a cage in someones home or there... some of the cages were way nicer then the one i had for my hamster when i was a kid.

Next the dogs.... warning this is about to get more sad and does not have a happy ending.

of f the 40 dogs that were there they were all pitbull/terriers except 1 doberman and a cho.
fuked up how most of them were pitbulls. People suk and i think you should have a liscense to own a dog/cat.

I left the place in tears. I donated all the pennys and dimes in my wallet.

Why do i put myslef thorugh this.

I came home and told my cats i loved them

they still have the cats priced at $25.00 and dogs at $50.00

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mrs peacock
I first went to look at the cats as i am cat person. there was only 8 cats i was like wtf? where are all the cats and this cry for help the hs has been having - enter vet lady- she explained to me that 60% of the cats in there have a respritory infection and are on antibiotics they get worse before they get better. :( so fuken sad man on top of the overflow of cats they are all sick.
its not all bad, mrs peacock
they still have lots of sick cats there but the tons of cats that were available for adoption, have already been adopted :)

sk8

TRIBE Member
thanks guys :)

he's a tough little guy. he's the one that was dumped in the beer box on the danforth that my sister found, so i know he's a fighter.

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cheer Bear
Has he been tested for FIV or Feline Leuk Kate?

I hope he gets better soon.
coincidentally - he actually got tested for those at the same time as his shots. Negative for both.

UPDATE: His fever is down to 39.5 and he's much more alert. Breathing and heart rate are stabilized and normal. We picked him up from the emergency clinic this morning and took him to the regular vet. They were concerned that he's still not eating and drinking on his own. He's still on an IV. They will watch him for the day and as long as he at least starts drinking he can come home this afternoon.

poor little tyke shook the whole car ride. the cutest thing though - when they brought him out to me he stretched out his paw and then when i took him he immediately climbed up me and nuzzled. all the nurses said "awwww, mommy".

i just hope he's okay. I've got two others so the house isn't empty, but it's weird here without the little troublemaker.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member

of f the 40 dogs that were there they were all pitbull/terriers except 1 doberman and a cho.
fuked up how most of them were pitbulls. People suk and i think you should have a liscense to own a dog/cat.

I was kind of expecting that to happen. To bad considering its the one breed I would NEVER get from anyone that wasn't a licensed breeder.

Pets become popular, people get them, then they aren't as popular anymoreand they get rid of them. After 101 dalmations came out the same thing happened with them.

mingster

TRIBE Member
auhhh thats sad.. i hope he's ok.

I went to the humane socitey today i dont know why, caz every time i go there i leave in tears.

did you by any chance see monte the beagle?? he's about 8 months old, and the cutest thing ever.

i hope you didn't see him. :)

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sk8
coincidentally - he actually got tested for those at the same time as his shots. Negative for both.
Ahhh, thank god. This sounded eerily familiar to what happened to my first kitty.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories