• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

sick dog advice?

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
if you know anything about doggy illness, this wonderful pup needs your help:

our dog tricky is so ill, i don't know what to do. i tried googling her symptoms and it was total chaos.

she has been puking until she started coughing up what looked like brownish blood + foamy mucus and can't hold anything down. she seems really dehydrated and will barely move. she looks totally terrified and utterly miserable. it is day two of her illness.

i'm wondering what it could be. eating garbage maybe? or do you think it is something more serious? i am very worried and want to take her to the vet, but i barely made rent this month so i don't know what i can do.

if any of you have advice, tricky would really appreciate it.

Caz

TRIBE Member
vet dylan, take her to the vet :(

edit: they can usually hold the bill for a month or more

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
oh no.. take her to the vet IMMEDIATELY! same symptoms with my parents dog.. turns out he had ingested a peach pit and it was lodged in his intestine - he was literally barfing up his own shit :( if we hadnt taken him, he would have died.

you can make arrangements to pay off the vet bill - take Tricky now!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Persephone

TRIBE Member
Dear god! Now that you're getting your dog to the Vet (like ASAP!) I am sending positive vibes her way.

get better soon doggie!

aki

TRIBE Promoter
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
Also if you can't afford it, most vets will let you setup a payment plan.
Just hope she doesn't need an operation. 3 months after i got my dog she cut the tendons on one of her hind legs. It was $1500 operation with over $500 in follow up visits/medication due to various complications, infections, sores. It was a 6 month ordeal :(

And thankfully my vet was super awesomely nice and didn't charge me for a lot of the follow-ups/bandage changes.

Animal Hospital on Church. I love them there and highly recommend them. They were really understanding when it came to financial burden of the whole ordeal.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
if the dog is now getting medical attention we can turn to more pressing matters... like discussing how friggin' adorable that pup in that bandana! omg like wtf, need to pet!

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
aki said:
Animal Hospital on Church. I love them there and highly recommend them. They were really understanding when it came to financial burden of the whole ordeal.
I have been there and they are good!

p.s. keep us posted.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
she is just really sick. i still feel a LOT better now though.

tricky seems to have stopped vomiting and isn't looking so scared anymore.

i only met tricky when i started going out with nunich, but i don't know what i would do without her. she really is a dear.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
~Loress~ said:
oh no.. take her to the vet IMMEDIATELY! same symptoms with my parents dog.. turns out he had ingested a peach pit and it was lodged in his intestine - he was literally barfing up his own shit :( if we hadnt taken him, he would have died.

you can make arrangements to pay off the vet bill - take Tricky now!

Same with my cat but it was an ear plug..she was as close to dying as it gets..oi I was a mess!

I just went through my dog being really sick last week. I brought her immediately to the vet. I was in bloody shambles over it. We still dont know what she got into..but thank god she is better now. It was a very scary 4 days.

I hope your dog is ok..please keep us posted.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
oh man, good luck... :(
What a cute pups, sounds like she ate something rotten that didn't agree with her. My Angel eats stupid stuff sometimes, but I remember one time she really was very sick and had same symptoms, it ended up to be food poisoning.

Keep us updated.