• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Shrinking shoes****

swilly

TRIBE Member
A friend of mine recently bought some shoes;) lets call him billy the amazing aboriginal. But they are one size to large for him.

Can anyone think of a way to shrink them??? I was thinking perhaps if we put them in the wash or like in the dryer or like if we put the washer and dryer on top of them for a while that might squish them a size smaller. Or if we rubbed the blood of little midgets on them everyday for 10 years maybe they will absorb thier smallness.

Does leather shrink though in warm or hot water and how much if so?

swilly

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Last time this happen to my friend Rick the French Canadian, he brought them back to the place of purchase and exchanged them for the right size.

Worked like magic

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mz. SPy
just wear two pairs of socks.
Nooo i only like wearing thin dress socks i hate wearing big socks let alone two of them blah

i hate the feeling of being so far from the sole

swilly

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Watcher
Last time this happen to my friend Rick the French Canadian, he brought them back to the place of purchase and exchanged them for the right size.

Worked like magic
i got them off ebay i cant !!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
i got them off ebay i cant !!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
this sucks this the second time i get screwed off ebay

blah maybe i will stick with normal shoppings

its fucked though half my shoes say UK size 8 and they fit fine then others say US size 8 = UK size 9 like what they hell

What system do we use in canada. I though we just used UK sizes

swilly

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Watcher
Who buys shoes off of ebay?

And I though it was your friend billy?!
I do when you cant find them easily enough in and around your area.

Waterloo sucks for shopping and i looked on queen street and yorkdale and square 1 all last october for them all for naught.

so ebay was the solution

oh well i just find another pair the right size. I got these ones for 10 pounds whatever just get another set for similar price i bet. on the whole i will still come out ahead i think
honestly though whatever 50 dollars for a pair of shoes that would of cost me at least 100 - 150 in canada or the UK i am still happy even if i had to do a trail run.
Now if i could just find some midgets i could catch rub my shoes on hmmmmmmm
swilly

Last edited:

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
You can't judge the actual size of a shoe based on what the labeled size is.

The only semi-certainty that you might get from the label is different shoes within a brand.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

squirrely

TRIBE Member
ok the same thing kinda happened to me and it fucking sucks.

i was a last-minute date for a wedding that my friend had to go to and so i bought some last-minute shoes which were WAY too expensive for me. but i figured they were nice and classic and i'd have them forever.

i got to the wedding, sporting my new heels, and within about half an hour they were falling off my feet. i couldn't take one step without them flipping off. it was sooooooooooooooooooo fucking annoying but i just had to keep them on me for the whole night, just kinda clenching my toes and shuffling a bit.

i have tried stuffing them with multiple insoles and it doesn't help.

so now, i too am stuck with too-big shoes, and i get fucking furious everytime i look at them cuz i SHOULD have tried to return them, even though they had obviously been worn.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
so dumb.

squirrely

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
I do when you cant find them easily enough in and around your area.

Waterloo sucks for shopping and i looked on queen street and yorkdale and square 1 all last october for them all for naught.

so ebay was the solution

oh well i just find another pair the right size. I got these ones for 10 pounds whatever just get another set for similar price i bet. on the whole i will still come out ahead i think
honestly though whatever 50 dollars for a pair of shoes that would of cost me at least 100 - 150 in canada or the UK i am still happy even if i had to do a trail run.
Now if i could just find some midgets i could catch rub my shoes on hmmmmmmm
swilly
why not just buy from the "official" website? a lot of retailers have online access to their merchandise, and then you can return stuff if it's a poor fit.

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by squirrely
why not just buy from the "official" website? a lot of retailers have online access to their merchandise, and then you can return stuff if it's a poor fit.
ya i tried that they dont have a website actually kinda sucks. Hmmm maybe i will try emailing them though good idea
swilly

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
swilly, don't even try shrinking those shoes.

they're LEATHER.

a) if you get them wet, it's LEATHER. It'll go to shit afterwards.
b) it's LEATHER! Leather is meant to stretch with time so if anything, your shoes will only get bigger. Since they don't even fit you, they get warped in all the wrong places.

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by the_fornicator
swilly, don't even try shrinking those shoes.

they're LEATHER.

a) if you get them wet, it's LEATHER. It'll go to shit afterwards.
b) it's LEATHER! Leather is meant to stretch with time so if anything, your shoes will only get bigger. Since they don't even fit you, they get warped in all the wrong places.
shizza

that sucks hmmm well maybe i will have to do something about this then

swilly